Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Promise of prosperity and Healing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Promise of prosperity and Healing

    Please do not imply any position is intended in the name of this topic about divine promises, prosperity, or healing. The topic title is just to get attention.
    My position is that both prosperity and poverty can be blessings from God.
    Also, strength and health or illness and weakness or deformity can be a blessing from God. The questions are,
    What is promised?
    What are the conditions of any promise?
    When are the promises available?”

  • #2
    Eternal prosperity is promised by God to anyone who follows Christ. God certainly delivers what He promises. Certainly any man who possesses Christ possesses everything and lacks not one thing. But that is not a promise of natural wealth, but spiritual.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
      Eternal prosperity is promised by God to anyone who follows Christ. God certainly delivers what He promises. Certainly any man who possesses Christ possesses everything and lacks not one thing. But that is not a promise of natural wealth, but spiritual.
      By "eternal prosperity" do you mean salvation in this life and in eternity or do you mean prosperity after death?

      I did not elaborate, but my intent was to discuss these question for the here and now.
      I assumed this would have been evident because of the words like illness, weakness, deformity, health, healing, strength and poverty which should not be the expectations of the after life.

      Note from Lou: I pressed the quote button and the original post came up instead. Did not mean to edit this post.
      Last edited by Lou Newton; January 27, 2018, 10:56 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        While many times adversity is unwelcome, it most certainly can be a blessing. It is hinged on our relationship with our Father. Nobody enjoys hardship, but it makes a better person out of us. That's what I see from the little bit of what I know.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by glen smith View Post

          By "eternal prosperity" do you mean salvation in this life and in eternity or do you mean prosperity after death?

          I did not elaborate, but my intent was to discuss these question for the here and now.
          I assumed this would have been evident because of the words like illness, weakness, deformity, health, healing, strength and poverty which should not be the expectations of the after life.

          Note from Lou: I pressed the quote button and the original post came up instead. Did not mean to edit this post.
          I meant to apply it both in this life and eternal life.

          Eternal life prosperity should be obvious, so I will only cover prosperity for followers of Jesus in this life.

          Certainly temporal possessions are not true prosperity, for they do not last.

          We have the Holy Spirit what is more prosperous than that ?

          I have been touched by The Lord Himself, that is true prosperity.

          I walk with Him and talk with Him, the Creator of everything that exists, that is true prosperity.

          Comment


          • #6
            In applying Lou’s response to the questions asked, this is what I concluded might be relevant to my three questions.

            What is promised?
            Lou posted:
            temporal possessions are not true prosperity, for they do not last.
            We have the Holy Spirit what is more prosperous than that ?
            I have been touched by The Lord Himself, that is true prosperity.
            I walk with Him and talk with Him, the Creator of everything that exists, that is true prosperity.

            Reply: Apparently, it is spiritual prosperity and the Holy Spirit which is promised according to these.

            Are there other promises?

            What are the conditions of any promise?
            By implication from these same replies these might be conditions.
            We have the Holy Spirit
            I have been touched by The Lord Himself.
            I walk with Him and talk with Him

            If these are understood as conditions they do not involve the conditions required of the one receiving the promise since these are something the Lord is doing in the relationship.

            When are the promises available?”
            By implication the promises in Lou'’s replies are available now or he could not have them.
            Question: When did these promises become available?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by glen smith View Post
              In applying Lou’s response to the questions asked, this is what I concluded might be relevant to my three questions.

              What is promised?
              Lou posted:
              temporal possessions are not true prosperity, for they do not last.
              We have the Holy Spirit what is more prosperous than that ?
              I have been touched by The Lord Himself, that is true prosperity.
              I walk with Him and talk with Him, the Creator of everything that exists, that is true prosperity.

              Reply: Apparently, it is spiritual prosperity and the Holy Spirit which is promised according to these.

              Are there other promises?

              What are the conditions of any promise?
              By implication from these same replies these might be conditions.
              We have the Holy Spirit
              I have been touched by The Lord Himself.
              I walk with Him and talk with Him

              If these are understood as conditions they do not involve the conditions required of the one receiving the promise since these are something the Lord is doing in the relationship.

              When are the promises available?”
              By implication the promises in Lou'’s replies are available now or he could not have them.
              Question: When did these promises become available?
              Hi Glen, I posted these as the rewards from The Lord. But did not mean to imply any conditions of receiving them.

              But here is the one condition:

              Col 1 TLB

              20 It was through what his Son did that God cleared a path for everything to come to him—all things in heaven and on earth—for Christ’s death on the cross has made peace with God for all by his blood. 21 This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies and hated him and were separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions, yet now he has brought you back as his friends. 22 He has done this through the death on the cross of his own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are standing there before him with nothing left against you—nothing left that he could even chide you for; 23 the only condition is that you fully believe the Truth, standing in it steadfast and firm, strong in the Lord, convinced of the Good News that Jesus died for you, and never shifting from trusting him to save you.

              The reward is to be in the very presence of God.

              The only condition is trusting in Him, and nothing else, to save you.

              Of course if we trust in Jesus alone to save us we will do this:

              1 John 1

              5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

              8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

              Comment


              • #8
                Brother Lou,
                These conditions from the passages you provided:
                (1) walking in the light -
                (2) confess our sins
                (3) fully believe the Truth
                (4) standing in the Truth steadfast and firm
                (5) strong in the Lord
                (6) convinced of the Good News that Jesus died for you
                (7) never shifting from trusting him to save you.

                Can these conditions be separated into categories?
                One for salvation
                One to receive promises other than that of salvation


                Comment

                Working...
                X