Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is this woman named Ruth in the Bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this woman named Ruth in the Bible?

Who is this woman named Ruth in the Bible?

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-this-woman-named-Ruth-in-the-Bible/answer/Lou-Newton-1

Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher
    Answered just now

Ruth is one of two women who have a book titled after them in the Bible. There is no one, except Jesus Himself, who I hold in higher regard than Ruth. She was born in Moab, a nation that God commanded that no one from Moab be allowed to enter the Temple, even after 10 generations. Yet David and Solomon descended from Ruth and they built the Temple. Even more the human body of Jesus, our Savior, descended from Ruth.

One of the most beautiful speeches in the Bible were the words of Ruth: Ruth 1: 16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely,if even death separates you and me.”

Most think the time the book of Ruth was written is unknown. But date it was written is known closer than most books. Ruth 4: The Genealogy of David

18 This, then, is the family line of Perez:

Perez was the father of Hezron,

19 Hezron the father of Ram,

Ram the father of Amminadab,

20 Amminadab the father of Nahshon,

Nahshon the father of Salmon,

21 Salmon the father of Boaz,

Boaz the father of Obed,

22 Obed the father of Jesse,

and Jesse the father of David.

From the above we know that the book was written after David was anointed King by Samuel. For David was unknown before that date. Samuel was one of the few that knew David was anointed King, and was therefore The King of Israel, even though very few knew it, especially Saul.

But we also know that the book was written before David was recognized King of Israel, by the nation of Israel, and lived in Hebron and had sons. David had no sons while he was running from Saul and living in caves.

I would think David told Samuel about Ruth after Samuel anointed him King. Samuel , or David, probably wrote the book.
Working...
X