Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go to church on Saturday instead of Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann wrote:
    • Ann - Lou Newton God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His word never changes. Are you saying we don't have to keep the Ten Commandments now if we are not under the law.
    Ann - If we have to keep the 10 commandments we are all lost forever. I can not keep one of them and neither can you.

Comment

Lou Newton Here is a very reliable truth from God: 2 Cor 3: 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. - the letter of the law is the words on the page, the Spirit of the law is Christ.

Comment

Lou Newton Here is a very reliable truth from God: 2 Cor 3: 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. - NOTE: the letter of the law is the words on the page, the Spirit of the law is Christ.

Lou Newton The Pharisees memorized whole books of the Holy Scriptures. They spent their whole life trying to obey every point of the law. Most all of them went to destruction. The letter of the law they tried so hard to keep brought death to them. The Spirit of the law stood before them and they did not even recognize Him. Instead they had Him killed.

Comment

Glen sent me this email:

Glen B Smith <[email protected]>
          To:Lou Newton

Jan 11 at 11:11 PM

I wish to compliment you on the series

Should we go to church on Saturday instead of Sunday?

The 7th Day Adventist are not including Sabbath worship sermons as much as they once did.

For the most part it is a adjunct addition to the sermon.

However, anything that allows people to think they have found the real "truth" is enticing.

Your repeated emphasis on the Lord Jesus is correct.

Quakers, Salvation Army and others who attempt to find sanctification through a Pharisee styled religion is an attack against the true gospel of the kingdom.

Regardless to the names applied to the days of the week, or holidays we celebrate as Christian, or which day we meet to worship, or the symbols used in worship these are aspects used by the enemy that the Christian message has overtaken. Many of the attributes attributed to YHWH in the Old Testament are found in ancient texts first attributed to the foreign gods. The prophets apply the attributes of foreign gods to YHWH.

Focusing on the paganism of Christmas and Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny is a wasted diversion of things that do not matter. Christians do not see these in the context of their origins but symbolically in relationship to the Kingdom of God. If others wish to meet on another day to worship, as some I know who meet on Saturday night, how is that against God? After all, is it not a personal relationship? And which of us, if not in Christ, have met the requirements to be the child of God?

Comment

Jennifer Harris- Keeping the Sabbath has been such a blessing for our family. We do not claim any denomination, we are simply striving to go deeper in God's word from the front to the back of the bible. Sabbath observance has really brought us closer to God and to each other. This ended up being a great bible study for us on this Sabbath day today. Here are a few (haha) biblical reasons we have for observing the Sabbath. -God finished His work of creation on the 7th day and rested from His labors on the Sabbath (Gen. 2:2-3, Ex. 31:17)
            -God uniquely blessed the seventh day (Gen. 2:3)
            -God made the 7th day “holy” — that is, “set apart” from all the other days of the week (Genesis 2:3)
            -God rested from all His labors on the Sabbath (Gen. 2:2-3)

-The Sabbath was given not just to native-born Israelites (the Jewish people) but to the sojourner as well (those from the nations who attached themselves to Israel and were being “grafted in”). God commanded that the same law be kept by both Jew and gentile (Exodus 12:49, Leviticus 24:22, Numbers 15:16

-The Sabbath is one of the 10 commandments (Ex. 20:8-11, Deut. 5:12-15).

-God tells his people to keep the 7th day Sabbath so that they know that God is the one who sanctifies them — that is, sets them apart from all other people (Ex 31:13)

-God tells his people to keep the Sabbath “throughout your generations.” (Ex. 31:13, Ex. 16-17)

-The seventh day Sabbath is a sign or a mark of God’s authority over his people (Ex. 31:13, 17)

-God tells his people to keep the Sabbath “forever, it is an eternal covenant.” (Ex. 31:16)

-God does not change his mind (Numbers 23:19)

-God commands His people to teach His Law/Instructions (Heb: Torah) diligently to their children, and His Law includes the commandment to keep the Sabbath on the seventh day. (Deut. 4:9, 6:7, 11:19, 32:46)

-God says that his commandments (including the Sabbath) are not too hard for us to do (Deut. 30:11)

-God sent Israel into captivity for breaking the Sabbath (Nehemiah 13:17

-God promises to specially bless anyone that keeps the seventh day Sabbath – whether native born (Jew) or foreigner (gentile) To those who keep the Sabbath, God promises to give “an everlasting name that will endure forever” (Isa. 56:2-7)

-God promises to make joyful all those who keep the 7th day Sabbath — to include foreigners/gentiles who bind themselves to the Lord (Isa. 56:6-7)

-The Sabbath is intended to be a delight (Isaiah 58:13)

-God promises that we will “find our joy in the LORD” when we keep the seventh day Sabbath (Isa. 58:13)
            -God promises that those who keep the Sabbath on the 7th day will “ride on the heights of the land” (Isa. 58:13)

-In the future, after the Final Judgment, the Sabbath will still be in effect (Isa. 66:22-23)

-God uses the Sabbath as a time marker when referring to the New Heavens and New Earth, showing that the Sabbath will still be in effect in the world to come (Isaiah 66:23)

-The Lord gave the Sabbath as a sign or a mark between Him and His people, and sets his true people apart from others (Ezekiel 20:12-24)

-God mentioned Sabbath breaking in a list of indictments against his people, along with other “moral” issues (Ezekiel 22:8, 26, 23:38)

-The Bible warns that the devil will seek to change times, laws, Sabbaths, etc. (Daniel 7:25)

-God wouldn’t change the day of the Sabbath, or nullify it, without speaking this through the mouth of the prophets first (Amos 3:7)

-God does not change (Malachi 3:6)

-Jesus did not come to abolish even the least of God’s commandments (Matt. 5:17-19)

-Nothing will pass from the Torah until ALL is accomplished (Matt. 5:18)(until heaven and earth have passed)

-Those who break the commandments will be called “least” in the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5:19)

-Those who teach others to break the commandments will be called “least” in the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5:19)

-Those who keep God’s commandments will be called “great” in the kingdom of heaven. (Matt. 5:19)

-Those who teach others to keep God’s commandments will be called “great” in the kingdom of heaven. (Matt. 5:19)

-Jesus will say he does not know those who practice lawlessness (Matt. 7:23)

-Jesus taught his disciples how to properly keep the 7th day Sabbath, with the expectation that his followers would keep it as He did (Matt. 12:10-12, Mark 2:27-28, 3:2-4, Luke 6:1-11)
            -The Pharisees had erected extra rules regarding the Sabbath that went against God’s original intent; Jesus countered this by teaching that it is lawful to heal the sick, to do good, and to perform other acts of mercy on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-13; Mark 2:23-27, 3:1-6; Luke 13:10-17; John 9:13-34)

-Jesus told his disciples to pray that they wouldn’t have to flee on the Sabbath (Matt. 24:20)

-According to many chronologies of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus was entombed (he “rested”) on the seventh day. (Matt. 27:57-66; Mark 15:42-47; Luke 23:50-24:8; John 19:38-42)

-Jesus set our example by observing the Sabbath (Mark 1:21, 6:2, Luke 4:16, 13:10)
            -Even after his crucifixion, some women “rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.” (Luke 23:56)

-Jesus said “If you love me, you will keep my commandments” (John 14:15)

-The disciples (including Paul) continued to observe the Sabbath after Jesus’s death (Acts 13:14, 16:13)

-The Jerusalem council gave gentiles four basic commandments because they knew they would learn the rest of God’s commandments in the Synagogues on the Sabbath (Acts 15:21)

-It was Paul’s habit to keep the 7th day Sabbath (Acts 17:2)

-Paul kept the Sabbath on the seventh day every week — even after the resurrection (Acts 18:4)

-Paul taught his predominantly gentile congregations to uphold the Law of God (Romans 3:31), and the Sabbath is included in that Law.

-Jesus kept the seventh day Sabbath, and Paul was an imitator of Jesus, instructing others to imitate both himself and Jesus (1 Cor 11:1)
            -Paul taught others to imitate himself (1 Cor. 11:1), and Paul kept the 7th day Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 16:13; 17:2)

-All scripture is profitable for reproof, correction, and training in righteousness — and “all scripture” would include the Sabbath commandment (2 Tim. 3:16)

-We are to “walk as [Jesus] walked,” and Jesus kept the Sabbath on the 7th day (1 John 2:6)

- We are told that love for God = obeying God’s commandments (1 John 5:3), and the Sabbath is one of those commandments.

-God’s commandments are not supposed to be burdensome (1 John 5:3), nor did God ever intend them to be (Deut. 30:14), which means that the 7th day Sabbath was never meant to be a burden — it was always meant to be a blessing to God’s people.

-The Book of Revelation praises those living in the end-times who keep God’s commandments (Rev. 12:17)

-The very back of the book confirms that we need to have faith in Jesus AND keep God’s commandments. “Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.” - Rev 14:12
            Hide this
            • Linda Shaffield Cook
              Linda Shaffield Cook Jennifer Harris that is a nice piece of work. I have to say, that worshiping on the Sabbath would seem something God would accept as a type of “praise worship”.

Comment

Lou Newton to Jennifer - The 4th commandment does NOT tell us to go to church on Saturday or any other day. It tells us to keep the Sabbath HOLY. No mere human being can keep himself holy by his means. If they could Jesus did not have to die. I have heard many men that call themselves Pastors say many unholy things in churches. Anything said that is not totally true is unholy. God alone in Holy and no mere man can be holy by his own means. I keep the Sabbath by trusting in Jesus to save me 24/7 not only on one day of the week. Certainly anyone who sins is not being Holy of himself. Anytime anyone claims to be without sin, John states that they do not even know God. 1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.- That statement is NOT past tense, but present tense. Anytime anyone claims to be without sin, they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them. So on the Sabbath every mere man is in sin and so not Holy of themselves. The only way to be Holy is to confess our sin to The Lord and trust Him and nothing else to save us. That is keeping to Sabbath Holy. Revelation 15:4 Who will not fear you, Lord,
              and bring glory to your name?
              For you alone are holy. - - We see God alone is Holy and no mere man is Holy. So how can any mere man keep the Sabbath Holy ? - Only by resting in Jesus can we be made Holy by His shed blood. There is no other way for mere men to be Holy.

Comment

Here is the 4th Commandment:

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Notice God makes no mention of going to church, or any other meeting. But we are to keep the Sabbath HOLY.

The only way for any mere man to be Holy is to confess his sin and then trust in the blood of Christ, and nothing else, to make him Holy in God's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
                  Here is the 4th Commandment:

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Notice God makes no mention of going to church, or any other meeting. But we are to keep the Sabbath HOLY.

The only way for any mere man to be Holy is to confess his sin and then trust in the blood of Christ, and nothing else, to make him Holy in God's eyes.
                  Hey Lou! While I think Jennifer Harris has some good points, I also think she's trying to justify her position by the law as the pharisees did. That's dangerous because you can't really see Christ even if he's in front of you. I think this is an issue of putting everything together, and carefully referencing. While Jesus said not one jot or tittle of the law would pass away, we have to ask ourselves what is really the law? Colossians says that we have one and only one work, and that's trusting Christ to save us. We can follow the law through Christ when we are completely trusting him. There's no other time we are even on the same page as the law if that's not where our heart is. It's just foolish religion that makes us feel as though we are making a difference, and not something real. Again, the pharisees were outstanding examples of people who thought they knew the the law, and couldn't even see or hear the word of God, who was standing right in front of them, john 5 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post
                    Hey Lou! While I think Jennifer Harris has some good points, I also think she's trying to justify her position by the law as the pharisees did. That's dangerous because you can't really see Christ even if he's in front of you. I think this is an issue of putting everything together, and carefully referencing. While Jesus said not one jot or tittle of the law would pass away, we have to ask ourselves what is really the law? Colossians says that we have one and only one work, and that's trusting Christ to save us. We can follow the law through Christ when we are completely trusting him. There's no other time we are even on the same page as the law if that's not where our heart is. It's just foolish religion that makes us feel as though we are making a difference, and not something real. Again, the pharisees were outstanding examples of people who thought they knew the the law, and couldn't even see or hear the word of God, who was standing right in front of them, john 5 I think.
                    Hi Tom, I answered her points already and she ignored the answer from The Holy Spirit in Galatians, not my words. I do not see how anyone could claim we should follow the law after reading Galatians 3 from The Holy Spirit:

• Lou Newton Ann - I am no longer under the law, but the children of God follow His Holy Spirit instead. You can remain under the law if you wish; BUT then you must obey all of the law or perish for disobeying even one point of it. Certainly the law of circumcision is an even more serious law than the sabbath for it was given to Abraham long before Moses was even born. Do you say everyone has to also follow that law. Look what The Holy Spirit said through Paul about following the law of circumcision:

• Lou Newton Galatians 3 (TLB)
                      3 Oh, foolish Galatians! What magician has hypnotized you and cast an evil spell upon you? For you used to see the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death as clearly as though I had waved a placard before you with a picture on it of Christ dying on the cross. 2 Let me ask you this one question: DID YOU RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT BY TRYING TO KEEP THE JEWISH LAWS? Of course not, for the Holy Spirit came upon you only after you heard about Christ and trusted him to save you. 3 Then have you gone completely crazy? For if trying to obey the Jewish laws never gave you spiritual life in the first place, why do you think that trying to obey them now will make you stronger Christians? 4 You have suffered so much for the Gospel. Now are you going to just throw it all overboard? I can hardly believe it!

5 I ask you again, does God give you the power of the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you as a result of your trying to obey the Jewish laws? No, of course not. It is when you believe in Christ and fully trust him.

6 Abraham had the same experience—God declared him fit for heaven only because he believed God’s promises. 7 You can see from this that the real children of Abraham are all the men of faith who truly trust in God.

8-9 What’s more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would save the Gentiles also, through their faith. God told Abraham about this long ago when he said, “I will bless those in every nation who trust in me as you do.” And so it is: all who trust in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received.

10 Yes, and those who depend on the Jewish laws to save them are under God’s curse, for the Scriptures point out very clearly, “Cursed is everyone who at any time breaks a single one of these laws that are written in God’s Book of the Law.” 11 Consequently, it is clear that no one can ever win God’s favor by trying to keep the Jewish laws because God has said that the only way we can be right in his sight is by faith. As the prophet Habakkuk says it, “The man who finds life will find it through trusting God.” 12 How different from this way of faith is the way of law, which says that a man is saved by obeying every law of God, without one slip. 13 But Christ has bought us out from under the doom of that impossible system by taking the curse for our wrongdoing upon himself. For it is written in the Scripture, “Anyone who is hanged on a tree is cursed” (as Jesus was hung upon a wooden cross[a]).

14 Now God can bless the Gentiles, too, with this same blessing he promised to Abraham; and all of us as Christians can have the promised Holy Spirit through this faith.

15 Dear brothers, even in everyday life a promise made by one man to another, if it is written down and signed, cannot be changed. He cannot decide afterward to do something else instead.

16 Now, God gave some promises to Abraham and his Child. And notice that it doesn’t say the promises were to his children, as it would if all his sons—all the Jews—were being spoken of, but to his Child—and that, of course, means Christ. 17 Here’s what I am trying to say: God’s promise to save through faith—and God wrote this promise down and signed it—could not be canceled or changed four hundred and thirty years later when God gave the Ten Commandments. 18 If obeying those laws could save us, then it is obvious that this would be a different way of gaining God’s favor than Abraham’s way, for he simply accepted God’s promise.

19 Well then, why were the laws given? They were added after the promise was given, to show men how guilty they are of breaking God’s laws. But this system of law was to last only until the coming of Christ, the Child to whom God’s promise was made. (And there is this further difference. God gave his laws to angels to give to Moses, who then gave them to the people; 20 but when God gave his promise to Abraham, he did it by himself alone, without angels or Moses as go-betweens.)

21-22 Well then, are God’s laws and God’s promises against each other? Of course not! If we could be saved by his laws, then God would not have had to give us a different way to get out of the grip of sin—for the Scriptures insist we are all its prisoners. The only way out is through faith in Jesus Christ; the way of escape is open to all who believe him.

23 Until Christ came we were guarded by the law, kept in protective custody, so to speak, until we could believe in the coming Savior.

24 Let me put it another way. The Jewish laws were our teacher and guide until Christ came to give us right standing with God through our faith. 25 But now that Christ has come, we don’t need those laws any longer to guard us and lead us to him. 26 For now we are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, 27 and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by him. 28 We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women, but we are all the same—we are Christians; we are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that we are Christ’s we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God’s promises to him belong to us.

• Lou Newton Most of Abraham's children were circumcised, but only those that truly trusted in God to save them were saved. Both Jacob and Esau were circumcised, but only Jacob trusted in God alone to save him, and became Israel, while Esau became their enemy.

• Lou Newton Gal 2: 17 But what if we trust Christ to save us and then find that we are wrong and that we cannot be saved without being circumcised and obeying all the other Jewish laws? Wouldn’t we need to say that faith in Christ had ruined us? God forbid that anyone should dare to think such things about our Lord. 18 Rather, we are sinners if we start rebuilding the old systems I have been destroying of trying to be saved by keeping Jewish laws, 19 for it was through reading the Scripture that I came to realize that I could never find God’s favor by trying—and failing—to obey the laws. I came to realize that acceptance with God comes by believing in Christ.

• Lou Newton Ann - I can only testify of the 7th Day people I have known. Not one focused on preaching Jesus, but always preached that I should attend church on Saturday and not 1st day. Of course Saturday is named after the false god Saturn. ------ One should ask what is a cult ? - Is not a cult any group that would think themselves better for doing what their group does then any other group that does not do those things. --- If one thinks himself better than others for going to church on Saturday, what about the other laws of God they are disobeying. There is not one place in the Bible where we are told we will be saved by obeying any law of God. But we are told this instead: 1 John 1: 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

• Lou Newton Now Ann please answer me this one question: How can any of us walk in the light as Jesus in in the light considering Jesus is The Light and God tells us all men are liars ?

• Lou Newton Notice that following the law of circumcision did Esau and most of the Pharisees, no eternal good, for they all perished. Also notice that the law of circumcision was given directly from God over 400 years before the law of Moses was given to men through other men.

Comment

• Lou Newton Jennifer - You claim the 7th Day people do not follow Ellen White but follow Jesus. Ellen White preached for her followers to be vegetarians and that certainly is a focus of the 7th day people I know. Jesus was certainly not a vegetarian.
                      • Lou Newton
                        Lou Newton Jennifer - Here is another law that Jesus said would never pass away: Leviticus 1 New International Version (NIV)
                        The Burnt Offering
                        1 The Lord called to Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting. He said, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When anyone among you brings an offering to the Lord, bring as your offering an animal from either the herd or the flock.

3 “‘If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, you are to offer a male without defect. You must present it at the entrance to the tent of meeting so that it will be acceptable to the Lord. 4 You are to lay your hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on your behalf to make atonement for you. 5 You are to slaughter the young bull before the Lord, and then Aaron’s sons the priests shall bring the blood and splash it against the sides of the altar at the entrance to the tent of meeting. 6 You are to skin the burnt offering and cut it into pieces. 7 The sons of Aaron the priest are to put fire on the altar and arrange wood on the fire. 8 Then Aaron’s sons the priests shall arrange the pieces, including the head and the fat, on the wood that is burning on the altar. 9 You are to wash the internal organs and the legs with water, and the priest is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the Lord.
                      • Lou Newton
                        Lou Newton Jennifer - So do you still sacrifice animals to be accepted by The Lord. This law will never pass away either. BUT it has been fulfilled by the blood of Jesus, has it not. So we no longer sacrifice animals to be accepted but we are accepted by trusting in the blood of Christ , and nothing else. The law of sacrificing animals was but a shadow of the reality of the sacrifice of the blood of Jesus on the cross. -------- This is the same as the Sabbath law. The Sabbath rest on the 7th day was a shadow of the reality of entering the rest given to all who would trust in what Jesus did on the cross ( and trust in nothing else). Instead of resting one day a week, we now rest 24/7 in Christ. ----- This is certainly made clear by His Holy Spirit in Galatians 3 and Colossians 2: 16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you.----- Notice the Holy Spirit says we can DISQUALIFY ourselves by trusting in these laws rather than Christ.

Comment

• Jennifer Harris Lou Newton Lou, You are right, the 4th commandment is not about going to church on Saturday. I believe we are free to go to church on any and every day if we wish, as long as we still keep the commanded 7th day Sabbath Holy (which doesn't necessarily mean going to church). By keeping the Sabbath, I am not calling myself holy, or without sin. Keeping the Sabbath Holy has nothing to do with me, or who I am, but who HE is, it’s all about Him! I think the key lies in the actual definition of the word “Holy”, it has nothing to do with sin. Both the Hebrew word (Kodesh) and Greek word (Hagios) for Holy mean sanctified, set apart or consecrated to God. So in essence, this commandment is telling us to keep the Sabbath Day Holy (set apart) because God is Holy (set apart).. This makes perfect sense as we see that pagans worshiped their false Gods on Sunday. In fact, The Sabbath was kept by Christians for hundreds of years after Christs death until a law was made by the Catholics forcing people to worship on Sunday in order to bring the Pagans into Christianity since they were already worshiping their Sungod on that day. Many Christians were murdered for keeping God’s commanded Sabbath. God does not want to be lumped in and worshiped in the same way the Pagans worship their Gods ("Do not worship the LORD your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods. Deut 12:4) By keeping His Sabbath on the 7th day (His number of perfection) as commanded we are truly setting Him apart, and it is a way of showing our dedication and love for HIM, and that we are worshiping the One, True God, in the way that HE wants to be worshiped.
                        • Jennifer Harris
                          Jennifer Harris I am happy to discuss some of your other comments, but unless I hire a farm hand, nanny, maid and a cook it may take me a little time. Please bear with me and I will try to respond in bits and pieces.
                        • Jennifer Harris
                          Jennifer Harris I should have added that for us, we honor the Sabbath by dedicating the entire day to God, connecting to Him, and not engaging in our own interests, persuits, or every day life. We set it apart. While I think it's great if you can attend a good church on the Sabbath, you can also worship God from home. We spend the day spending quality time with each other, doing family bible studies, watching sermons, playing bible trivia, prayer, worship, etc. It is a day of rest, a day away from the chaos of this world and every day life. We have been tremendously blessed by it and have grown much closer to God and stronger in our walk and we praise God for opening our eyes and allowing us to partake in His blessing.
                        • Lou Newton
                          Lou Newton Jennifer Harris - HI - I have already quoted the Holy Scriptures where His Holy Spirit clearly says that the day of the week is not important, because the Sabbath "day" is only the shadow and the true reality is Christ. Christ is our total Sabbath. I also thought I made it very clear that the original Sabbath was NOT a 24 hour day. but that God reveals in Genesis 1 that the 7th day has a start, but no end like the other 6 "days". So the 7th day has not ended yet. God confirms this truth by telling Israel that they will never enter His rest. If God was still at rest when Israel was in the desert, and there was no end of His rest listed since then, we are still in that 7th "day". The 8th "day" is the day of new beginnings and will start when Jesus returns. So I keep that Sabbath 24/7 because we are still in God's 7th day.
                        • Lou Newton
                          Lou Newton Just as the law was a shadow of God's reality, in the Sabbath, it is also the same for all His laws. For instance, the law of animal sacrifice, was fulfilled by the blood of Jesus on the cross. The law of circumcision was fulfilled when we die to ourselves and give our hearts to God. We are cut and become new creatures in Christ. The law of baptism, which came from God baptizing Israel in the sea and the cloud ( which shows there are two kinds of baptism , that of water and that of being immersed In God). Of course the baptism of being immersed in His Holy Spirit is the ONE that is required for anyone to enter heaven. Water can not sanctify or save, only His Holy Spirit can. ---- We are not to depend on the blood of animals, days of the week, or water to clean us. That is depending on His creation. We are to totally trust in our Creator. Which means we are to trust in His Blood to save us, His Holy Spirit to sanctify us and cleanse us, and His person to be our Sabbath. God does not want our presence for one day of the week, but He wants to walk and talk with us every hour of every day.

Comment

Working...
                        X