Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Bible be interpreted literally ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Bible be interpreted literally ?

No one can understand The Bible unless they ask The Author about the meaning. The Author is alive and well and will live right in your heart if you humble yourself and confess your sin and ask Him to be the King of your life.

Historical accounts are to be taken literally. But one must remember that words can have many meanings and the same exact words can even have opposite meanings by speaking them in different tones of voice when said.

The parables in the Bible are NOT to be taken literally. For instance while Jesus is portrayed as The Lamb in the Revelation, He does not have white wool and four legs. Those things are meant to describe His nature:

5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Jesus was slain on the cross like an innocent lamb led to slaughter. Like the lamb who gives itís life so we can live, Jesus gave His life so we can live forever. The lamb is innocent and did nothing to deserve death, just as Jesus did not sin and did not deserve to die. We did not create lambs for food and clothing, God created them. Just as God provided His only begotten Son, Jesus, to die for us. The lamb has white wool and Jesus is pure like that white wool. The Lamb has seven horns as a sign that ALL authority has been given to The Lord Jesus. The Lamb has seven eyes which are the seven spirits of God. Jesus sees all and works for the good of all. The Seven Spirits of God are a shadow of the Father, the Son, The Holy Spirit, and the four creatures. 3 + 4 = 7 and 3 x 4 = 12. The 4 creatures are the four natures of God. He is a Lion or King, He became a Man , He is an Ox or the Servant of man, He is like the eagle or He is Almighty and above all.

I have found no discrepancies in the Bible. But many fail to seek His Holy Spirit and bother to ask Him about itís meaning as so misunderstand. Just as someone who does not know me may accuse me of wrong doing that I am innocent of, those that do not know Jesus tend to accuse Him of wrong doing rather than admit they may be wrong in their interpretation.
Working...
X