Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Genesis 1 a true account of creation, what about the dinosaurs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Genesis 1 a true account of creation, what about the dinosaurs ?

What is your opinion on the world’s creation as described on the Bible? Do you think it it true? Then what about the dinosaurs which existed before humans?
    Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher
    Answered just now

I believe the creation account in Genesis 1 is totally true. If you notice the earth produced animals and sea creatures before man was created.

Genesis 1 does not state that the “days” are 24 hour earth days. A 24 hour earth day is from sun up to sun up, or sundown to sundown.

If you would call me from a room with no windows that you were being held captive in, and asked is it day or night out, and I answered it is night because it is dark. Then you called again and asked the same question, and I answered it is light out, or day. You would have no idea how much time had passed. Only that it was dark and is now light out.

Genesis 1

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

So the same is true above. God only tells us that is was dark and He brought light. That has nothing to do with time, but has to do with the coming of light.

God tells us to be patient, or to ignore time. God is light we are also told. God would not make the very focus of the first passage of His Holy Scriptures about time. But it is about light.

This article explains much more:

Was the Earth created in 7 days?
Working...
X