Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know if you’ve been baptized by fire? What does it feel like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know if you’ve been baptized by fire? What does it feel like?

How do you know if you’ve been baptized by fire? What does it feel like?
    Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

Matthew 3:11 (NIV)

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

When I was first baptized in His Holy Spirit I was joyful and it was a pleasant experience. But when the baptism by fire came it was very very painful. Not bodily, but emotionally. In fact it was far more than I was able to take. But The Lord picked me up and carried me for a while until I recovered.

This same thing happened to Paul and he tells about it in 2 Cor 1 NIV: 8 We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. 9 Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.

Paul is not talking about natural death, but spiritual death. When Paul thought he was going to die a natural death, he sang songs. But this was so terrible to him that he thought he must be lost. But this all happened so that Paul would trust in God who raises the dead and He raised Paul from this death, just as God raised me from that death.

1 view · Answer requested by .....................
Working...
X