Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Third Temple be built in a different Jerusalem location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the Third Temple be built in a different Jerusalem location?

Could the Third Temple be built in a different Jerusalem location?

Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

2 Corinthians 6:16 (NIV)

16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

I will live with them
    and walk among them,
    and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.

The 3rd Temple is being built with living stones. God dwells in His Temple for He dwells in us.

If anyone studies the terrible destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, it was terrible. The Romans tore the Temple apart stone by stone and did not leave one stone upon another. God allowed this destruction because His Son had shed His blood for the sin of all mankind for all time. God would not allow the blood of His Son to be insulted by the Jews sacrificing the blood of animals for sin.

Considering all this does anyone think God would allow another man made Temple to be built and the Jews allowed to insult the blood of His Son again.

1 view Answer requested by Gary ...................

Glen B Smith
    To:Lou Newton

Aug 17 at 12:37 AM
    Your answer is right on.
    A third temple with sacrifices would be the ultimate insult to Christ, His death on the Cross, and to God.
    Why was the temple veil ripped from top to bottom when Christ died?
    Was this the result of the earthquake or did God the Father order it? If He did, what was the reason?

The perspective you posted requires thinking freed form the current ideas about the end times. Most of us were indoctrinated with the premillennial dispensationalist perspective over the years. Good Bible study slowly chips away at the wild speculation they dumped upon scripture. Sadly, this was done by very smart scholars and ministers who were serious Christians, but who did not know how to think correctly. Because the explanations made sense of things not understood in the Bible, even many scholars were deceived.

I was in the premillennial dispensationalist camp in the sixties and early seventies, but Bible study and learning about history gave rise to questions. It was a 20 year learning curve before seeing what they taught could not be supported by the Bible. However, I had to have a good teacher and an alternative system to compare it to before I could completely abandon premillennial dispensationalism. One of the things I learned from this pilgrimage was improved thinking skills and humility. I now know my interpretations, are to some degree, might just be my opinions.

Because of better study of the Bible and information on the internet, premillennial dispensationalism is waning. As the last possible dates for their refigured predictions are passed (1980, 1988, 2000, 2007, 2014, 2041, 2048, 2060, 2067) the confidence in the system dwindles. The idea of the third temple built in Jerusalem will be gone after those living today die. The passing of a possible temple in Jerusalem may change international politics.

The Church is the third temple of God in which He dwells.

NOTE from Lou: Thanks Glen for this email. The natural is a sign of the spiritual. First comes the natural and then the spiritual. First came Adam the natural man, and then Christ, the Spiritual Man. First came the natural Temple and then the Spiritual Temple which is God dwelling in His people.

The Holy Spirit taught me a very valuable lesson many years ago. Jesus healed the blind many many times recorded in the Bible. There is a reason for this. The Lord is revealing to all who will seek His face that all those who confess they are blind will be given sight. Every person who came to Jesus confessing they could not see were given sight, every single one. But Jesus told the Pharisees that they remained blind because they claimed they could see.

So if we confess we are blind God will give us spiritual sight. If we think we see, we will remain blind.

Comment

Working...
    X