Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revelation 13:6 Who does the beast blaspheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelation 13:6 Who does the beast blaspheme?

Glen sent me this email:

Glen B Smith
    To:lou newton

Jan 8 at 6:32 PM

Revelation 13:6 Who does the beast blaspheme?

Revelation 13:6 ESV

It (the beast) opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven.

Notice that the beast utters blasphemies against

1. God

2. His Name – From the Old Testament "His Name" or The Name" are used to ascribe the attributes of God Himself to either:

a. the Angel of the Lord,

b. the Ark of the Covenant,

c. or a second Power in heaven.

3. His Dwelling which is those who dwell in heaven.

Comment:

His dwelling, that is, where God dwells is apparently with the redeemed in heaven.

This is consistent with John 14:23.

Jesus answered him, saying, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we (the Father and the Son) will come to him and make our dwelling place with him.

Also, Revelation 13:6 is consistent with 2 Corinthians 5:2

For indeed in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling place,

The vision as recorded by the Apostle John records that the beast recognizes God dwells with the redeemed, accordingly, the beast blasphemies His dwelling which is spoken of elsewhere in the Bible as the House of God, the Temple of God, the New Heaven and the New Earth, and the New Jerusalem. Each of these are presented in the Bible as symbols where deity dwells with the redeemed for eternity. In the Old Testament deity dwelt above the Ark of the Covenant, in the Angel of the Lord, or through other temporary appearances.

08 January 2020 the old scribe
Working...
X