No announcement yet.

What is the overall message of Daniel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the overall message of Daniel?

What is the overall message of Daniel?

Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

The message of the book of Daniel, at the beginning of the book, is that God will bless you in every way for trusting in Him and being obedient to His laws. Daniel and friends were greatly blessed for eating the way God had told them to eat. The only thing listed in that story was that they ate the things God told them to eat and did not eat the things God told them not to eat. Of course Daniel also took some risk asking the one in command to allow them to not eat the Kings food and eat the way God instructed them instead. Considering this could be taken as an insult to the King, it was a large risk. This shows that Daniel trusted in God more them he feared the very King who had destroyed Jerusalem.

They were blessed physically and spiritually for doing so.

Daniel 1 NIV

15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

17 To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds.

18 At the end of the time set by the king to bring them into his service, the chief official presented them to Nebuchadnezzar. 19 The king talked with them, and he found none equal to Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah; so they entered the king’s service. 20 In every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom.

They became chief advisers to the King of the largest empire in the world simply because they did not eat the foods that God said not to eat. Today China has a large epidemic of a virus that started because they eat animals that God tells us not to eat.

Following God’s food laws will not get anyone into heaven. Not following them will not keep anyone out of heaven. But following them will surely make anyone more healthy and wiser.

So I am simply amazed at how Christians eat pigs like there is no penalty for doing so. My friend had pig farm and they are simply filthy animals. They will eat anything including pig poop. If a water source is the same distance as another pig urinating, I have seen them drink the urine coming out of the other pig instead of the fresh water. They are simply garbage disposals that God created to clean up for us. They are not meant for us to eat.

I try to follow God’s food laws. I am 76 and the other day I picked up 720 pounds and did 3 shoulder shrugs with it. I weigh 130#. I can do the whole stack on most of the weight machines at the gym. I can do 35 reps with each leg and the whole stack (300#) on the glut machine. I did 40 continuous shrugs with 360 #. I have biked 50 miles in 2 hours on the stationary bikes. I run 60 sec intervals on the treadmill as fast as it will go at 12 MPH. I sprint the indoor track as fast as anyone at the gym. We have 17,000 members. I still tutor Physics and Calculus at my age with no problem. I attribute this blessing to following God’s food laws as close as I can.

People spend millions going to doctors and taking drugs that will not cure their ills. But they will not simply eat as God has told them to eat. He is our Creator and He knows what part of His creation He made for us to eat and what part is not for us to eat. He proved that He loves us by coming down from heaven and being born of a woman to become one of us. Think of how humble God had to be to become a mere man. Further He then died a criminal’s death to pay for our sin. So He proved that He wants to save us by dying for us. He proved He is able to save us by raising Himself from the dead:

John 2 NIV

18 The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?”

19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Read God’s food laws and start following them. He will bless you for it. I am 76 and take no drugs of any kind. His blessing is more than I can contain. It overwhelms me at times.

His Bond Servant

Lou Newton
Working...
X