X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does baptism by fire mean?

What does baptism by fire mean?

Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

Well I do not mean to make light of this; but some denominations believe the baptism that brings salvation is being dipped in water. So I would assume they would think it is being dipped in some molten material that is on fire.

But it seems obvious to me that salvation comes from being totally immersed in the Holy Spirit of our dear Lord and then Him living in your spirit and guiding you to follow Him. The Baptism of fire simply means going through really tough trials that are far beyond our ability to endure. Paul speaks of this in 2 Corinthians 1:

8 We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. 9 Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.

I can testify that while going through these hardships you will think you must be lost. Certainly I thought I must not be following Jesus, because if I was it would not be this difficult. But after " being raised from the dead" ( or raised from thinking I was lost) one does not have the same fear of death and trusts in Jesus much more.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; May 12, 2020, 07:43 PM.
Working...
X