Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some think the Bible is filled with contradictions, what else can they depend on to gain knowledge and guidance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some think the Bible is filled with contradictions, what else can they depend on to gain knowledge and guidance?

If the Bible is filled with contradictions, what else can we depend on to gain knowledge and guidance?

Lou Newton

j
    Former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

I have been reading the Bible for 44 years. I have read many English translations. Some translations have mistakes in them. But some translations are very very accurate. The original Hebrew and Greek have no major mistakes and do not contradict themselves.

The people who claim there are contradictions are those who have not studied it for years and most have not even read the whole Bible. They simply misunderstand what God is saying. Of course God allows Satan to speak in The Bible and what he says contradicts what God says. But God makes it very clear who is speaking in the Bible.

Ivan Panin was an atheists and world famous mathematician. He had made a very large discovery that everything in nature has a math pattern in it. He could find nothing that did not have math patterns. So he made a brilliant deduction: he thought if the Bible was written by God and the universe was created by God; if the universe is full of math patterns, the Bible also should be full of math patterns.

The Bible is written in Hebrew and Greek which are the only two major languages that the characters used for the letters are also used for the numbers. So he took all the characters as numbers and added them up. In the first chapter of Matthew he found 28 different things he could add. They all added to a number that was divisible by 7. Now there is one chance in 7 that any group add up to a number divisible by 7.. But there is one chance in 49 that two groups add to a number that was divisible by 7. But there is one chance in 45998653650000000000000000000 that 28 groups all add up to a number that was divisible by 7.

Panin added up every group he could find in the Bible. He could not find any group that was not divisible by 7. Being a mathematician he was aware this could simply not happen by chance. He had proven to himself that there was a Creator who created the universe and that same God wrote the Bible. He became a Christian because of his work. He wrote about 12 books about this and I have read them all.

Answer requested by Marie ..........

Glen sent this reply:

Glen B Smith <[email protected]>
    To:lou newton

Tue, Jun 16 at 2:26 AM

Reading one of your post I observed a reference to Ivan Panin. His conversion from an agnostic to Christianity was brought about through his exploration of numeric patterns in the Bible. I know of no written account where Ivan Panin committed his life to Christ, but he may have. His conversion appears to be initiated by his own calculation of numeric patterns. So, what might his personal testimony sound like? Something like "I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God without error in the original autographs because everything is a factor of seven." How does this make him Christian?The very fact that he studied Greek and Hebrew at university and then spent time studying the biblical texts brings up the question of just how much of an agnostic was he? His "intellectual" conversion appears much like the guy giving his testimony that exaggerates his own sinfulness to make his salvation appear more drastic.
    You might benefit from reading a letter he sent to a newspaper to prove his belief about the Bible.

Here is the link: Remove <>

<https://web.archive.org/web/20090815114753/http://members.cox.net/8thday/panin.html>

His letter is sort of like claiming because it is the year 2020 one can look up all the verses in the Bible which has 20 verses in the 20th chapter and discover a secret divine truth. It seems incredulous to think that divine numeric patterns would be a means intended by the LORD to verify the inspiration of a text, and it is not until thousands of years after the text were recorded that the numeric patterns are discovered. Codes and numeric patters extrapolated from the Bible are no different than similar codes and numeric patterns that are found in non-biblical literature. It is just the function of human recognition of patterns that sees animals in the clouds.
    On my patio there is a snake and an owl formed naturally from a root and a tree limb. At least, that is what I see in the wood, and I propose it proves evolution by natural selection because their images occurred by natural processes. It makes as much sense as Bible codes and biblical numeric patterns.
    Actually, John 20:20 is a verse that testifies to what we know and to what we must believe, but it has nothing to do with the year 2020. It is not a coded message for people living in 2020.

16 June 2020 the old scribe

Comment

God is A Mathematician

By Keith Newman
      The authenticity of the Holy Bible has been attacked at regular intervals by atheists and theologians alike but none have explained away the mathematical seal beneath its surface.

It would seem the divine hand has moved to prevent counterfeiting in the pages of the Bible in a similar manner to the line that runs through paper money. Bible numerics appears to be God's watermark of authenticity.

Vital research on this numeric seal was completed by a native of the world's most reknowned atheistic nation, Russia. Ivan Panin was born in Russia on December 12, 1855. As a young man he was an active nihilist and participated in plots against the Czar and his government. He was a mathematical genius who died a Harvard scholar and a citizen of the United States in 1942.

Panin was exiled from Russia. And after spending a number of years studying in Germany, he went to the United States where he became an outstanding lecturer on literary criticism. Panin was known as a firm agnostic—so well known that when he discarded his agnosticism and accepted the Christian faith, the newspapers carried headlines telling of his conversion.

It was in 1890 that Panin made the discovery of the mathematical structure underlining the vocabulary of the Greek New Testament. He was casually reading the first verse of the gospel of John in the Greek: "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with the God and the Word was God. . ."

Panin was curious as to why the Greek word for "the" preceded the word "God" in one case and not the other. In examining the text he became aware of a number relationship. This was the first of the discoveries that led to his conversion and uncovered the extensive numeric code.

Panin found his proof in the oldest and most accurate manuscripts—the Received Hebrew Text and the Westcott and Hort Text.

In the original languages of the Bible, mostly Hebrew and Greek, there are no separate symbols for numbers, letters of the alphabet are also used to indicate numbers.

The numeric value of a word is the sum total of all its letters. It was curiosity that first caused Panin to begin toying with the numbers behind the texts. Sequences and patterns began to emerge. These created such a stirring in the heart of the Russian that he dedicated 50 years of his life to painstakingly comb the pages of the Bible.

This complex system of numbering visibly and invisibly saturates every book of the scriptures emphasizing certain passages and illustrating deeper or further meaning in types and shadows. The 66 books of the Bible 39 in the Old and 27 in the New were written by 33 different people.

Those authors were scattered throughout various countries of the world and from widely different backgrounds. Many of them had little or no schooling. The whole Bible was written over a period of 1,500 years with a 400 year silence apart from the Apocrypha between the two testaments. Despite the handicaps the biblical books are found to be a harmonious record, each in accord with the other.

Panin says the laws of probability are exceeded into the billions when we try and rationalize the authorship of the Bible as the work of man. He once said: "If human logic is worth anything at all we are simply driven to the conclusion that if my facts I have presented are true, man could never have done this".

"We must assume that a Power higher than man guided the writers in such a way, whether they knew it or not, they did it and the Great God inspired them to do it".

The Bible itself states clearly that it is the literal God-breathed living word of the Creator. The words "Thus saith the Lord" and "God said" occur more than 2,500 times throughout scripture.

In 2 Timothy 3:16 it states "All scripture is given by inspiration of God." Then in II Peter 2:20-21 it plainly states: "No prophecy of the scriptures is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost".

Let's take the number seven as an illustration of the way the patterns work. Seven is the most prolific of the mathematical series which binds scripture together. The very first verse of the Bible "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1), contains over 30 different combinations of seven.

This verse has seven Hebrew words having a total of 28 letters 4 x 7. The numeric value of the three nouns "God", "heaven" and "earth" totals 777. Any number in triplicate expresses complete, ultimate or total meaning.

Also tightly sealed up with sevens are the genealogy of Jesus, the account of the virgin birth and the resurrection. Seven occurs as a number 187 times in the Bible (41 x 7), the phrase "seven-fold" occurs seven times and "seventy" occurs 56 times (7 x 8).

In the Book of Revelation seven positively shines out: there are seven golden candlesticks, seven letters to seven churches, a book sealed with seven seals, seven angels standing before the Lord with seven trumpets, seven thunders and seven last plagues. In fact there are over 50 occurrences of the number seven in Revelation alone.

There are 21 Old Testament writers whose names appear in the Bible (3 x 7). The numeric value of their names is divisible by seven. Of these 21, seven are named in the New Testament: Moses, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea and Joel. The numeric values of these names is 1554 (222 x 7). David's name is found 1134 times (162 x 7).

God's seal also pervades creation as though it were woven into the very fabric of nature.

The Bible has declared man's years to be three score and ten (70). The development of the human embryo is in exact periods of sevens or 28 days (4 x 7). Medical science tells us the human body is renewed cell for cell every seven years.

We're told the pulse beats slower every seven days as if it were in accord with the seventh day of rest proclaimed in the Genesis creation week. And God formed man of the dust of the ground (Gen 2:7); science confirms the human body is made of the same 14 elements (2 x 7) found in your average handful of dust.

The light of the sun is made up of seven distinct colours as shown in the rainbow. In music there are seven distinct notes which climax in a chord or octave at the beginning of a new seven.

In almost all animals the incubation or pregnancy period is divisible by seven. Seven is often referred to as "God's seal" or the number of spiritual perfection.

Eight is the number of new life or "resurrection." It is the personal number of Jesus. When we add together the letter values of the name Jesus in the Greek we get 888. Jesus was called The Christ, the numeric value of this title is 1480 (185 x 8). He was Savior which has the value 1408 (2 x 8 x 88).

Jesus is also Lord which again is a multiple of eight being 800 (100 x 8). Messiah has the numeric value 656 (82 x8). Jesus also called himself the Son of man. The term occurs 88 times and is valued at 2960 (370 x 8).

Jesus said "I am the truth": the numeric value of "the truth" is 64 (8 x 8). The last book in the Bible is the Revelation of Jesus Christ which has exactly 888 Greek words. Eight persons were saved in the Ark at the great Noahic flood. God made a covenant with Abraham that every male Jewish child was to be circumcised on the eighth day of his life.

There are eight individual cases of resurrection spoken of in the Bible apart from Jesus. Three occur in the Old Testament, three in the gospels and two in Acts. It was on the eighth day or the first day of the new week that Jesus rose from the dead. The Holy Spirit also came down from heaven on the eighth day.

Nine is finality or completion. The first example of its use is that infinitely sealed first verse of the Bible: "In the beginning God" which in Hebrew is: Bray****h Elohim which has the numeric value of 999. The very next statement "created the heaven" is also sealed with 999.

The number nine is endowed with a peculiar quality, it is finality in itself. Not only is it the final single number, but if you multiply it by any other number, the addition of the resulting figures will always revert back to nine (2 x 9 = 18 / 1 + 8 = 9 etc).

There are nine basic gifts available to the Christian believer through the power of God's Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:8-10). There are nine basic fruits which should be evident in the life of the believer (Galatians 5:22-23). The words "my wrath" have the numeric value 999. The word "Amen" or "verily" is valued at 99 and occurs 99 times.

The work on the cross was completed at the ninth hour when Jesus said "It is finished." The shedding of his blood was final. It saw an end to the old system of animal sacrifice to atone for sin. The word "blood" in this sense occurs 99 times.

Great superstition has always surrounded the number 13 as being unlucky or dark. Perhaps there is good reason. One of the most convincing proofs of the origins of this number can be found by unravelling all the names by which Satan is known. Drakon or dragon has a value of 975 (13 x 75) and it occurs 13 times. Peirazon or tempter has a value of 1053 (13 x 81). Belial which is personification of evil has a value of 78 (13 x 6).

Anthropoktonos or "murderer" has a value of 1820 (13 x 40). Ophis or "serpent" is 780 (13 x 60). The phrase used by the Holy Spirit Ho kaloumenos diablos kai ho Satanas or "called the Devil and Satan" is valued 2,197 (13 x 13 x 13).

This article is in truth an oversimplification of the work of Panin and others who followed in his footsteps. Panin's work initially involved some 40,000 pages of material on which he had written millions of small neat calculations. It involved volumes.

He often laboured up to 18 hours a day exploring the vast numeric structure. By and large it was a thankless task. Panin said "When I first made the discovery I was of course, taken off my feet—I was in the same condition as our friend Archimedes who when he solved a great mathematical problem while in the bath, rushed in to the street naked, crying 'I have found it.' I thought people would be delighted to embrace the new discovery, but I found human nature is always the same. So I quietly withdrew and did my work all by myself".

Although it would appear that his work has been largely lost from popular reading today Panin did accomplish several outstanding works. He published Structure in the Bible the Numeric Greek New Testament and the Numeric English New Testament.

The works of Ivan Panin have been put before the experts many times. Panin once challenged nine noted rationalists and Bible critics through the medium of the New York Sun newspaper November 9, 1899. He dared them to publicly refute or give explanation for a few of his presented facts. Four made lame excuses. The rest were silent.

Panin issued a challenge throughout leading newspapers of the world asking for a natural explanation or rebuttal of the facts. Not a single person accepted. He died at Aldershot, Ontario Canada on October 30th, 1942, aged 87. panin2.htm
      Last edited by Lou Newton; June 18, 2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

The Astonishing Pattern of SEVENS in Genesis 1:1

(from "The Signature of God" by Grant R. Jeffrey)
        "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1)

Ivan Panin carefully examined the Hebrew text of Genesis 1:1 and discovered an incredible phenomenon of multiples of 7 that could not be explained by chance. Genesis 1:1 was composed of seven Hebrew words containing a total of 28 letters. Throughout the Bible the number seven appears repeatedly as a symbol of divine perfection—the 7 days of creation, God rested on the 7th day, the 7 churches, the 7 seals, the 7 trumpets, etc. In total, Panin discovered 30 separate codes involving the number 7 in this first verse of the Bible.
        2 The number of letters equals 28 (7x4 = 28)
        3 The first 3 Hebrew words translated "In the beginning God created" have 14 letters (7x2 = 14)
        4 The last four Hebrew words "the heavens and the earth" have 14 letters (7x2 = 14)
        5 The fourth and fifth words have 7 letters
        6 The sixth and seventh words have 7 letters
        7 The three key words: God, heaven and earth have 14 letters (7x2 = 14)
        8 The number of letters in the four remaining words is also 14 (7x2 = 14)
        9 The shortest word in the verse is the middle word with 7 letters
        10 The Hebrew numeric value of the first, middle and last letters is 133 (7x19 = 133)
        11 The Hebrew numeric value of first and last letters of all seven words is 1393 (7x199 = 1393)
        When professors on the mathematics faculty at Harvard University were presented with this biblical phenomenon they naturally attempted to disprove its significance as a proof of divine authorship. However, after valiant efforts these professors were unable to duplicate this incredible mathematical phenomenon. The Harvard scientists used the English language and artificially assigned numeric values to the English alphabet. They had a potential vocabulary of over 400,000 available English words to choose from to construct a sentence about any topic they chose. Compare this to the limitations of word choices in the biblical Hebrew language which has only forty-five hundred available word choices that the writers of the Old Testament could use. Despite their advanced mathematical abilities and access to computers the mathematicians were unable to come close to incorporating 30 mathematical multiples of 7 as found in the Hebrew words of Genesis 1:1.

The number "seven" permeates the totality of Scripture because the number speaks of God's divine perfection and perfect order. The actual number 7 appears 287 times in the Old Testament (7 x 41 = 287) while the word "seventh" occurs 98 times (7 x 14 = 98). The word "seven-fold" appears seven times. In addition, the word "seventy" is used 56 times (7 x 8 = 56).

Ivan Panin discovered literally thousands of such mathematical patterns underlying all of the books of the Old Testament before his death in 1942. I refer the interested reader to Panin's book, The Inspiration of the Scriptures Scientifically Demonstrated, which discusses these phenomena extensively. Panin and others have examined other Hebrew literature and have attempted to find such mathematical patterns, but they are not found anywhere outside the Bible.

Comment

The hepatic structure is most notably observed in the first 17 verses of the New Testament (the Gospel of Matthew) which deals with a single subject: the genealogy of Jesus Christ.

Note that the first chapter of the Old Testament (Genesis 1) deals with the first seven days of creation while the first chapter of the New Testament goes overboard displaying the heptadic structure hidden in plain sight, yet so overboard in its use of the number seven multiples that once observed points to the sheer brilliance of the author.

Matthew 1 contains 72 Greek vocabulary words in the initial 17 verses. 72, as we know, is strewn throughout the Bible as well as all religious text throughout time and represents the 72 years for 1 of the procession of the equinox. Or the wobble of the earth due to its tilt off its main axis.
          Matthew 1:1-17

1.The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;

3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;

4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;

5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;

6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;

8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;

9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;

10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;

11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;

14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;

15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;

16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

Now, most people, Christians included, tend to skip right over the genealogy whenever its found in the Bible. I believe some of the deepest mysteries within this book are to be found in these sections. Let’s cut to the chase and explore what you may have missed in those last 17 verses.
          1. The number of words which are nouns is exactly 56, or 7 x 8.

2. The Greek word “the” occurs most frequently in the passage: exactly 56 times, or 7 x 8.

3. Also, the number of different forms in which the article “the” occurs is exactly 7.

4. There are two main sections in the passage: verse 1-11 and 12-17. In the first main section, the number of Greek vocabulary words used is 49, or 7 x 7.

5. Of these 49 words, The number of those beginning with a vowel is 28, or 7 x 4.

6. The number of words beginning with a consonant is 21, or 7 x 3.

7. The total number of letters in these 49 words is exactly 266, or 7 x 38-exactly.

8. The numbers of vowels among these 266 letters is 140, or 7 x 20.

9. The number of consonants is 126, or 7 x 18-exactly.

10. Of these 49 words, the number of words which occur more than once is 35, or 7 x 5.

11. The number of words occurring only once is 14, or 7 x2.

12. The number of words which occur in only one form is exactly 42, or 7 x 6.

13. The number of words appearing in more than one form is also 7.

14. The number of 49 Greek vocabulary words which are nouns is 42, or 7 x 6.

15. The number of words which are not nouns is 7.

16. Of the nouns, 35 are proper names, or 7 x 5.

17. These 35 nouns are used 63 times, or 7 x 9.

18. The number of male names is 28, or 7 x 4.

19. These male names occur 56 times or 7 x 8.

20. The number which are not male names is 7.

21. Three women are mentioned-Tamar, Rahab, and Ruth. The number of Greek letters in these three names is 14, or 7 x 2.

22. The number of compound nouns is 7.

23. The number of Greek letters in these 7 nouns is 49, or 7 x 7.

24. Only one city is named in this passage, Babylon, which in Greek contains exactly 7 letters.

If one were to attempt to design a genealogy, even from fiction that meets the following requirements we just saw and Matthew 1:1 one would have to meet the following criteria.
          1. The Number of words must be divisible by 7 evenly (In each of these constraints, it is assumed that the divisions are without remainders.)

2. The number of letters must also be divisible by 7.

3. The number of vowels and the number of consonants must be divisible by 7.

4. The number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by 7.

5. The number of words that begin with a consonant must be divisible by 7.

6. The number of words that occur more than once must be divisible by 7.

7. The number of words that occur in more than one form must be divisible by 7.

8. The number of words that occur in only one form shall be divisible by 7.

9. The number of nouns shall be divisible by 7.

10. Only 7 words shall not be nouns.

11. The number of names in the genealogy shall be divisible by 7.

12. Only 7 other kinds of nouns are permitted.

13. The number of male names shall be divisible by 7.

14. The number of generations shall be 21, also divisible by 7.

This phenomenal discovery by Panin has been examined by numerous authorities and the figures have been verified. In total, Panin accumulated over forty thousand pages of detailed calculations covering most of the text of the Bible before his death. These incredible, mathematical patterns are not limited to the number seven. There are numerous other patterns. These amazing patterns appear in the vocabulary, grammatical forms, parts of speech, and particular forms of words. They occur throughout the whole text of the Bible containing 31,173 verses. When you consider the amazing details of this mathematical phenomenon you realize that the change of a single letter or word in the original languages of Hebrew or Greek would destroy the pattern. Now we can understand why Jesus Christ declared that the smallest letter and grammatical mark of the Scriptures was persevered by God’s Hand: “For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled” (Matthew 5:18).

There are words in the passage just described that occur nowhere else in the New Testament. They occur 42 times (7 x 6) and have 126 letters (7 x 18). How was this organized?

Even if Matthew contrived this characteristic into his Gospel, how could he have known that these specific words-whose sole characteristic is that they are found nowhere else in the New Testament-were not going to be used by the other writers? Unless we assume the absurd hypothesis that he had an agreement with them, he must have had the rest of the New Testament before him when he wrote his book. The Gospel of Matthew, then, must have been written last.

It so happens the Gospel of Mark exhibits the same phenomenon. It can be demonstrated that it would have had to be written “last.” The same phenomenon is found in Luke, John, Peter, Jude, and Paul. Each would have had to write after the other in order to contrive the vocabulary frequencies! You can demonstrate that each of the New Testament books had to have been “written last.”

There is no human explanation for this incredible and precise structure. It has all been supernaturally or superhumanly designed.

Comment

I received this reply:

Effendy ..........
            35m ago
            i'm surprised you have studied for decades, Jesus disciples finished their study in 3.5 years, not that long, you gave Christians a goosebump, students that never finished their study for decades, reflects that they have some issues in their learning methods, they have not graduated and used by Father as a worker of the kingdom yet. If students know fully the gospel of Christ, they can discern between truth and false truth easily, even in the bible. I'm surprised you did not find any. For example, Paul said "The root of all evil is the love of money". Do you think it's contradicted to reality, is this true all evils (crimes) are rooted by the love of money ?. truth or false ?
            Upvote

Lou Newton
            Original Author Just now
            The disciples did NOT finish their studies in 3.5 years. They really only began to understand after Jesus breathed His Holy Spirit on them the day He rose from the dead. There are only contradictions to those who lack understanding. Why does a person love money. It is because they fear natural death. Fearing death makes everyone selfish. They want to hang onto their life, so they want more money, more food, more power, kill those who keep them from these things etc. Paul tells us this in his letter to the Corinthians. 1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. You can get a fuller understanding of this if you read these two articles:

Death - are there different kinds of death ?

Mystery - The sting of death is sin

Comment

Working...
            X