Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genesis 31

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Genesis 31

    Jacob Flees From Laban

    1 Jacob heard that Laban's sons were saying, "Jacob has taken everything our father owned and has gained all this wealth from what belonged to our father."
    2 And Jacob noticed that Laban's attitude toward him was not what it had been.
    3 Then the LORD said to Jacob, "Go back to the land of your fathers and to your relatives, and I will be with you."
    4 So Jacob sent word to Rachel and Leah to come out to the fields where his flocks were.
    5 He said to them, "I see that your father's attitude toward me is not what it was before, but the God of my father has been with me.
    6 You know that I've worked for your father with all my strength,
    7 yet your father has cheatedme by changing my wages ten times. However, God has not allowed him to harm me.
    8 If he said, 'The speckled ones will be your wages,' then all the flocks gave birth to speckled young; and if he said, 'The streaked ones will be your wages,' then all the flocks bore streaked young.
    9 So God has taken away your father's livestock and has given them to me.
    10 "In breeding season I once had a dream in which I looked up and saw that the male goats mating with the flock were streaked, speckled or spotted.
    11The angel of God said to me in the dream, 'Jacob.' I answered, 'Here I am.'
    12 And he said, 'Look up and see that all the male goats mating with the flock are streaked, speckled or spotted, for I have seen all that Laban has been doing to you.
    13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillarand where you made a vow to me. Now leave this land at once and go back to your native land.' "
    14 Then Rachel and Leah replied, "Do we still have any share in the inheritance of our father's estate?
    15 Does he not regard us as foreigners? Not only has he sold us, but he has used up what was paid for us.
    16 Surely all the wealth that God took away from our father belongs to us and our children. So do whatever God has told you."
    17 Then Jacob put his children and his wives on camels,
    18 and he drove all his livestock ahead of him, along with all the goods he had accumulated in Paddan Aram, to go to his father Isaac in the land of Canaan.
    19 When Laban had gone to shear his sheep, Rachel stole her father's household gods.
    20 Moreover, Jacob deceived Laban the Aramean by not telling him he was running away.
    21 So he fled with all he had, and crossing the River,he headed for the hill country of Gilead.
    Laban Pursues Jacob

    22 On the third day Laban was told that Jacob had fled.
    23 Taking his relatives with him, he pursued Jacob for seven days and caught up with him in the hill country of Gilead.
    24 Then God came to Laban the Aramean in a dream at night and said to him, "Be careful not to say anything to Jacob, either good or bad."
    25 Jacob had pitched his tent in the hill country of Gilead when Laban overtook him, and Laban and his relatives camped there too.
    26 Then Laban said to Jacob, "What have you done? You've deceived me, and you've carried off my daughters like captives in war.
    27Why did you run off secretly and deceive me? Why didn't you tell me, so I could send you away with joy and singing to the music of tambourines and harps?
    28 You didn't even let me kiss my grandchildren and my daughters good-by. You have done a foolish thing.
    29 I have the power to harm you;but last night the God of your father said to me, 'Be careful not to say anything to Jacob, either good or bad.'
    30 Now you have gone off because you longed to return to your father's house. But why did you steal my gods?"
    31 Jacob answered Laban, "I was afraid, because I thought you would take your daughters away from me by force.
    32But if you find anyone who has your gods, he shall not live. In the presence of our relatives, see for yourself whether there is anything of yours here with me; and if so, take it." Now Jacob did not know that Rachel had stolen the gods.
    33 So Laban went into Jacob's tent and into Leah's tent and into the tent of the two maidservants, but he found nothing. After he came out of Leah's tent, he entered Rachel's tent.
    34 Now Rachel had taken the household gods and put them inside her camel's saddle and was sitting on them. Laban searched through everything in the tent but found nothing.
    35 Rachel said to her father, "Don't be angry, my lord, that I cannot stand up in your presence; I'm having my period." So he searched but could not find the household gods.
    36 Jacob was angry and took Laban to task. "What is my crime?" he asked Laban. "What sin have I committed that you hunt me down?
    37 Now that you have searched through all my goods, what have you found that belongs to your household? Put it here in front of your relatives and mine, and let them judge between the two of us.
    38 "I have been with you for twenty years now. Your sheep and goats have not miscarried, nor have I eaten rams from your flocks.
    39 I did not bring you animals torn by wild beasts; I bore the loss myself. And you demanded payment from me for whatever was stolen by day or night.
    40 This was my situation: The heat consumed me in the daytime and the cold at night, and sleep fled from my eyes.
    41 It was like this for the twenty years I was in your household. I worked for you fourteen years for your two daughters and six years for your flocks, and you changed my wages ten times.
    42 If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the Fear of Isaac, had not been with me, you would surely have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen my hardship and the toil of my hands, and last night he rebuked you."
    43 Laban answered Jacob, "The women are my daughters, the children are my children, and the flocks are my flocks. All you see is mine. Yet what can I do today about these daughters of mine, or about the children they have borne?
    44 Come now, let's make a covenant, you and I, and let it serve as a witness between us."
    45 So Jacob took a stone and set it up as a pillar.
    46 He said to his relatives, "Gather some stones." So they took stones and piled them in a heap, and they ate there by the heap.
    47 Laban called it Jegar Sahadutha, and Jacob called it Galeed.
    48 Laban said, "This heap is a witness between you and me today." That is why it was called Galeed.
    49 It was also called Mizpah, because he said, "May the LORD keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other.
    50 If you mistreat my daughters or if you take any wives besides my daughters, even though no one is with us, remember that God is a witness between you and me."
    51 Laban also said to Jacob, "Here is this heap, and here is this pillar I have set up between you and me.
    52 This heap is a witness, and this pillar is a witness, that I will not go past this heap to your side to harm you and that you will not go past this heap and pillar to my side to harm me.
    53 May the God of Abraham and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, judge between us." So Jacob took an oath in the name of the Fear of his father Isaac.
    54 He offered a sacrifice there in the hill country and invited his relatives to a meal. After they had eaten, they spent the night there.
    55 Early the next morning Laban kissed his grandchildren and his daughters and blessed them. Then he left and returned home.

    What all can you see, or what do you have questions about ?

    Lou Newton
    Grace to you


  • #2
    I see that the Lord protects those that live on His promises. I also see that He protects His own from misfortune when it pleases Him.

    I also see that Jacob's wife was a heathen. She did not believe in the God of Abraham and Isaac. She took interest in a dead piece of wood.
    And her father was the one that taught her that behavior.

    Jacob was with Laban for all those years and Laban never once said to himself; "If I worship the God of Jacob, He may bless me like Jacob and increase me." It never even occurred to him.

    He actually saw Jacob blessed by his God and yet he continued to worship his false dead gods with no results. Seems like that's how it is today with the people.

    Well that's about all dim witted ole Stevie can see. Blessings .... Steve

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
      I see that the Lord protects those that live on His promises. I also see that He protects His own from misfortune when it pleases Him.

      I also see that Jacob's wife was a heathen. She did not believe in the God of Abraham and Isaac. She took interest in a dead piece of wood.
      And her father was the one that taught her that behavior.

      Jacob was with Laban for all those years and Laban never once said to himself; "If I worship the God of Jacob, He may bless me like Jacob and increase me." It never even occurred to him.

      He actually saw Jacob blessed by his God and yet he continued to worship his false dead gods with no results. Seems like that's how it is today with the people.

      Well that's about all dim witted ole Stevie can see. Blessings .... Steve
      Are you kidding me? These are excellent observations. Thank you, Steve.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
        I see that the Lord protects those that live on His promises. I also see that He protects His own from misfortune when it pleases Him.

        I also see that Jacob's wife was a heathen. She did not believe in the God of Abraham and Isaac. She took interest in a dead piece of wood.
        And her father was the one that taught her that behavior.

        Jacob was with Laban for all those years and Laban never once said to himself; "If I worship the God of Jacob, He may bless me like Jacob and increase me." It never even occurred to him.

        He actually saw Jacob blessed by his God and yet he continued to worship his false dead gods with no results. Seems like that's how it is today with the people.

        Well that's about all dim witted ole Stevie can see. Blessings .... Steve

        Thanks Steve. I agree with Barry, that you have made some really good observations.

        Let us take one of those a little further down the road:

        Was Rachel a believer in false gods, OR did she steal the idols because she was angry with her father for selling her and then squandering what Jacob paid for her. Could the idols have been covered in silver or gold ? Or could it be both are true that she believed in false gods AND was angry with here father and stole the idols because they were of value and thought her father owed that much to her ?

        Another good question is this:

        What are the differences between how Abraham's servant chose a wife for Isaac and how Jacob chose Rachel.

        Comment


        • #5
          Biblical commentary by Barnes has an interesting comment on the type of idols mentioned in this passage.

          19. תרפים terāpı̂ym, Teraphim. This word occurs fifteen times in the Old Testament. It appears three times in this chapter, and nowhere else in the Pentateuch. It is always in the plural number. The root does not appear in Biblical Hebrew. It perhaps means “to live well,” intransitively (Gesenius, Roedig.), “to nourish,” transitively (Furst). The teraphim were symbols or representatives of the Deity, as Laban calls them his gods. They seem to have been busts (προτομαί protomai, Aquila) of the human form, sometimes as large as life 1Sa 19:13. Those of full size were probably of wood; the smaller ones may have been of metal. In two passages Jdg 17:1-13; 18; Hos 3:4 they are six times associated with the ephod. This intimates either that they were worn on the ephod, like the Urim and Thummim, or more probably that the ephod was worn on them; in accordance with which they were employed for the purposes of divination Gen 30:27; Zec 10:2. The employment of them in the worship of God, which Laban seems to have inherited from his fathers Jos 24:2, is denounced as idolatry 1Sa 15:23; and hence, they are classed with the idols and other abominations put away by Josiah 2Ki 23:24.

          I read into the following chapters and did not see Jacob address the idols, so I guess we don't know why Rachel took them and what was eventually done with them. I would guess her motives were a mix of those you mentioned, Lou.

          There is difference between how Abraham's servant chose a wife for Isaac and how Jacob chose:

          Jacob chose by his own preference, he did not ask the Lord. The result is that Laban fooled him and substituted Leah (this seems very strange to us; but I read it was the custom for the mother to bring the bride in to the marriage bed in the dark of night, sometimes with the groom blindfolded--under these circumstances Jacob could be fooled). Whether Leah was God's will is an interesting question. Rachel bore Joseph, and we know his story.

          Abraham's servant asked God to reveal His favor. This, it seems, worked out better for Isaac than for Jacob.

          I delayed saying this because I wanted to let someone else comment before mentioning it... Jacob's escape from Laban reminded me of Israel's Exodus from Egypt.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Baruch View Post
            Biblical commentary by Barnes has an interesting comment on the type of idols mentioned in this passage.

            19. תרפים terāpı̂ym, Teraphim. This word occurs fifteen times in the Old Testament. It appears three times in this chapter, and nowhere else in the Pentateuch. It is always in the plural number. The root does not appear in Biblical Hebrew. It perhaps means “to live well,” intransitively (Gesenius, Roedig.), “to nourish,” transitively (Furst). The teraphim were symbols or representatives of the Deity, as Laban calls them his gods. They seem to have been busts (προτομαί protomai, Aquila) of the human form, sometimes as large as life 1Sa 19:13. Those of full size were probably of wood; the smaller ones may have been of metal. In two passages Jdg 17:1-13; 18; Hos 3:4 they are six times associated with the ephod. This intimates either that they were worn on the ephod, like the Urim and Thummim, or more probably that the ephod was worn on them; in accordance with which they were employed for the purposes of divination Gen 30:27; Zec 10:2. The employment of them in the worship of God, which Laban seems to have inherited from his fathers Jos 24:2, is denounced as idolatry 1Sa 15:23; and hence, they are classed with the idols and other abominations put away by Josiah 2Ki 23:24.

            I read into the following chapters and did not see Jacob address the idols, so I guess we don't know why Rachel took them and what was eventually done with them. I would guess her motives were a mix of those you mentioned, Lou.

            There is difference between how Abraham's servant chose a wife for Isaac and how Jacob chose:

            Jacob chose by his own preference, he did not ask the Lord. The result is that Laban fooled him and substituted Leah (this seems very strange to us; but I read it was the custom for the mother to bring the bride in to the marriage bed in the dark of night, sometimes with the groom blindfolded--under these circumstances Jacob could be fooled). Whether Leah was God's will is an interesting question. Rachel bore Joseph, and we know his story.

            Abraham's servant asked God to reveal His favor. This, it seems, worked out better for Isaac than for Jacob.

            I delayed saying this because I wanted to let someone else comment before mentioning it... Jacob's escape from Laban reminded me of Israel's Exodus from Egypt.

            Thanks for the reply Barry. Very good comments.

            I have had no tutoring this year because my student tried out for the national basketball team which tours the nation and made it. So he moved to Arizona.

            But this week he is back home and we need to do a month of calculus in a week, and take all the tests. So I will be teaching calculus 8 hours a day and he has a very hard time with it.

            I also have to prepare for my time with him.

            So I hope you guys can keep everything going until I am back. I will try to add when I can.

            Lou

            Comment


            • #7
              Rachel was the favored daughter and the favored wife.

              We see this:

              33 So Laban went into Jacob's tent and into Leah's tent and into the tent of the two maidservants, but he found nothing. After he came out of Leah's tent, he entered Rachel's tent.

              Notice that Laban went Jacob's tent first because he did not trust Jacob and thought he was the thief. But when he found nothing in Jacob's tent, only then did he enter Leah's tent, After that he went in Rachel's tent as the last resort.

              So Laban has not suspected Rachel.

              Also Jacob did not suspect Rachel, for he says this:

              32 But if you find anyone who has your gods, he shall not live. In the presence of our relatives, see for yourself whether there is anything of yours here with me; and if so, take it." Now Jacob did not know that Rachel had stolen the gods.


              We should be very careful in the words we speak, for these words would come back to haunt Jacob:

              Gen 35

              16 Then they moved on from Bethel. While they were still some distance from Ephrath, Rachel began to give birth and had great difficulty.
              17 And as she was having great difficulty in childbirth, the midwife said to her, "Don't be afraid, for you have another son."
              18As she breathed her last--for she was dying--she named her son Ben-Oni. But his father named him Benjamin.
              19 So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem).
              20 Over her tomb Jacob set up a pillar, and to this day that pillar marks Rachel's tomb.


              So Rachel was the one who had stolen the idols and just as Jacob said, she died a short time later.

              Jacob then names the child Benjamin, which means "son of the one I loved"

              When God spoke to me and told me that I was going to have another son; He also said that he would be a child of promise and a child late in life so name him Isaac. A short time later I was courting a woman and later we got married. A few years later she was with child and I knew it was Isaac. She also knew that his name was to be Isaac, and that I was married before. So after Isaac was born she asked if she could give him his middle name and I said, "Of course you can". She gave him the middle name of Benjamin. She knew full well the story of Rachel and Jacob. And she was right to name him that.


              Grace to you
              Lou Newton

              Comment


              • #8
                Wow, thank you, Lou.

                I sensed I was missing something with regards to Rachel, and Jacob's words.

                God has been witnessing to me lately that we should be very careful of our words, and why. There is a lot of scripture about the tongue and the power it wields, even our fleshy tongue. Jesus said we'll give an account of every vain word. God doesn't speak empty words. I don't like to imagine if God's Word were not 100% pure, for by Him God made everything, and the word of His power upholds it. Heaven and earth will pass away, but His words will not pass away. His word is faithful and true, and the fount of life. Surely Solomon was pointing to Christ when he said,

                Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
                Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
                Pro 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

                We are called to be like Jesus, the Word.

                Jacob and Rachel and Leah had some serious faults as likewise we do, and God loved them and blessed them. Where is the ogre the world shakes its fist at? I do not see that ogre here. If there was such an ogre surely it would have made a crashing appearance here. I see lovingkindness in abundance, and a steadfast Father.

                You told me the story of Isaac before, in part. Now I know more of it. What a blessing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                  Wow, thank you, Lou.

                  I sensed I was missing something with regards to Rachel, and Jacob's words.

                  God has been witnessing to me lately that we should be very careful of our words, and why. There is a lot of scripture about the tongue and the power it wields, even our fleshy tongue. Jesus said we'll give an account of every vain word. God doesn't speak empty words. I don't like to imagine if God's Word were not 100% pure, for by Him God made everything, and the word of His power upholds it. Heaven and earth will pass away, but His words will not pass away. His word is faithful and true, and the fount of life. Surely Solomon was pointing to Christ when he said,

                  Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
                  Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
                  Pro 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

                  We are called to be like Jesus, the Word.

                  Jacob and Rachel and Leah had some serious faults as likewise we do, and God loved them and blessed them. Where is the ogre the world shakes its fist at? I do not see that ogre here. If there was such an ogre surely it would have made a crashing appearance here. I see loving kindness in abundance, and a steadfast Father.

                  You told me the story of Isaac before, in part. Now I know more of it. What a blessing.
                  Amen to that Barry. Paul got his revelations right out of the OT. He seen the love of God all through it on every page.

                  I read the whole Koran and did not see one shred of love on even one page.

                  I did not name Isaac with his first name, The Lord Jesus did. I did not name him Benjamin for his second name, his mother did. So it was her that proclaimed that I loved her when she named him. She knew that I loved her and that gives me some peace.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post


                    Thanks for the reply Barry. Very good comments.

                    I have had no tutoring this year because my student tried out for the national basketball team which tours the nation and made it. So he moved to Arizona.

                    But this week he is back home and we need to do a month of calculus in a week, and take all the tests. So I will be teaching calculus 8 hours a day and he has a very hard time with it.

                    I also have to prepare for my time with him.

                    So I hope you guys can keep everything going until I am back. I will try to add when I can.

                    Lou

                    My student goes back to Arizona wed. So I will be back writing soon.

                    BTW, he took his first Calc test after i have been helping him and got 100%. he was pretty pleased.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post


                      My student goes back to Arizona wed. So I will be back writing soon.

                      BTW, he took his first Calc test after i have been helping him and got 100%. he was pretty pleased.
                      Where were you when I was taking Calc? :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Baruch View Post

                        Where were you when I was taking Calc? :D

                        Hi Barry, thanks for the reply. Well I know you are in your 50's but I do not know how old you were when you took Calc.

                        But they did not offer it in High School back when I was in High School. I did not know Calc until I needed it to do some calculations in the stress analysis of steel mill cranes. I had still not had calc. I had some problems that I could see there was a way to solve them but also could see that no math that I had was powerful enough to do so. So I devised my own Calculus to solve them. It was more cumbersome that the refined way Isaac Newton did it. But it worked and I was able to solve these problems.

                        Later when I was tested for IQ by three different people and offered a scholarship to go back to college I had to take a math entry test to see what math class I was qualified to take. They gave this test because so many students had certain math classes in high school but COULD NOT ACTUALLY DO THAT MATH when attending the university. Every single person who entered YSU had to take this test. I was worried I would not pass because it had been so many years since I had a math class of any kind ( like almost 40 years).

                        There was 50 problems on the test and you had to get 25 right to get into honors Calculus. I was the last person to complete the test and was worried that I would not be able to get into any Calc class. I did not want to take algebra or trig etc.


                        Well I called the next day to see what my score was. I talked to the lady in charge of the test. I said, Hi can I find out my score of the math entry test I took yesterday. She said sure, what is your name and I will look it up. I said, Lou Newton. She said I don't have to look it up. I thought, oh my score was so terrible that I must have been the lowest that day. She said, you got 48 out of 50 correct, that is the highest score anyone has scored in the 14 years I have been giving this test. I almost could not believe my ears.

                        I was the very last person to get done with the test. She told me that 25 problems were algebra, geometry and trig and 25 were calc problems. The calc I had developed was slower but it worked and I got all the problems I was able to do correct. There were two very difficult problems that I could not do. No one had ever got those two correct.

                        The Lord has created me and also given me certain experiences in life that make me very accurate. That is why I got the 48 I could do correct. The reason I am this accurate, is the fact that I am always so concerned that I will make a mistake. I am convinced I must be wrong so I check and recheck everything until I can not see how that answer can be wrong. Yes, I got 48 correct, but I was the very last one that was done. Maybe about 4000 students took this test every year.

                        When I went to my adviser that day to sign up for classes, she told me that I could skip Calculus. I told her that is what I am here to learn how to do. I had a fairly difficult time in Calc 1 because I had habits that I had developed I had to break. Isaac Newton's calculus was definitely much superior to my way. Calc 1 was maybe 100 students and so few passed that Calc 2 was maybe 25. The students that did so well In Calc 1 had a very difficult time with Calc 2. But I found it very fun and not so difficult. I think I got the only A. Many did not pass and many more got a D which meant they had to take it over again.

                        So to answer your question, where was I when you had Calc, I was a stupid young man who may have not even know Jesus yet and did not even know how to do calc. I did not value many things then like The Lord has taught me to value now.

                        I KNOW NOW THAT ANYTHING THAT IS TRUE IS OF EXTREME VALUE. FOR JESUS IS THE TRUTH. ALL TRUTH IS ETERNAL AND WILL LAST FOREVER AND FOREVER. ISAAC NEWTON ( and to a much lesser extent me ) DID NOT INVENT CALCULUS.


                        CALCULUS WAS INVENTED BY THE LORD JESUS AND HE HAS USED TO FOR ALL ETERNITY. HE USED IT TO CREATE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.

                        THE LORD JESUS SIMPLY REVEALED CALCULUS TO ISAAC NEWTON ( and also me much later ) But I was not as smart as Isaac and so I was not able to see the better revelation that Isaac seen.

                        Neither Isaac or me was able to see Calculus because of our ability. The Lord Jesus was able to reveal this to us simply because we asked him to reveal it to us. I confessed to the Lord that I was blind and could not see how to do these problems. Just as Jesus gave every man that confessed he was blind sight in the gospels, He also gave me sight and revealed calculus to me.

                        I was a project leader on my last job in Engineering. I had no degree of any kind and no license. But I had men that had degrees working for me. When there was a problem that they could not solve, I would simply pray to The Lord Jesus and confess that I could not solve this problem. He would then reveal the answer to me. The Lord Jesus never once failed me in this.

                        I can not take one shred of credit for anything that would seem good. I am evil and deserve to spend eternity in hell. It is by grace and grace alone that I have been rescued from hell by the blood that Jesus shed on the cross. It is by grace and grace alone, that His Holy Spirit then entered into my spirit and I was born again in the spirit.

                        It was by grace and grace alone that I was given any ability to do math that I have. A man can not be rightfully proud of any gift that he has been given. It is a gift. The glory should go totally to the Giver of the gift, not the one who receives the gift.


                        It was by grace, and grace alone, that I was inspired to seek the truth about Jesus. It was by grace and grace alone that He revealed Himself to me. I am so stupid that some days I can not find my phone. He is so wise that He created everything that exists.

                        Certainly The One who created me and everything that exists is the ONE to seek about TRUTH. He is The TRUTH.

                        Daniel 2
                        19 During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven
                        20 and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
                        21 He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
                        22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
                        23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers

                        Why was Daniel able to tell the King his dream; simply because Daniel confessed he was blind and could not see this dream; and asked God to reveal it to him.

                        The King's so called wise men had depended on their own ability and were all found extremely lacking.

                        It is NOT that Daniel had great wisdom or even great faith. Daniel simply put the little faith he had been GIVEN in a very Great God. He did not trust in himself in any way. He did not even trust in HIS faith as many today do. But he trusted in The Lord Jesus who created everything that exists.


                        I know nothing that The Lord Jesus has not given me. I am nothing, but He is everything.

                        The person who possess Christ possesses everything there is to possess and lacks not even one thing.

                        Revelation 2:17
                        • Living Bible
                          ôLet everyone who can hear, listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches: Everyone who is victorious shall eat of the hidden manna, the secret nourishment from heaven; and I will give to each a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one else knows except the one receiving it.

                        Grace to you
                        Lou newton


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post


                          My student goes back to Arizona wed. So I will be back writing soon.

                          BTW, he took his first Calc test after I have been helping him and got 100%. He was pretty pleased.

                          I was wrong about my student going back yesterday. He is going back tonight, so he wanted another session this afternoon. So I will be through this afternoon (Thursday 10-01-2015). Calculus is an intense subject to teach, especially if you have a student who does not want to learn about it. So my mind is pretty fried. I have been teaching about 4 hours a day and preparing another 4 hours a day.

                          I am very thankful to The Lord Jesus for this work. I missed this young man and I really needed the work. I needed to buy 4 tires before the winter, and will need brakes soon, and maybe some front suspension work before the tires. I did not have the money to do any of these things. So I am very thankful to The Lord for His provision.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X