He made peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He made peace

(The forum will not let me paste the Greek text, not sure why. So I substitute a (Greek) placeholder. It may not matter much to us, because we don't read Greek. The message is still strong and marvelous.)

James R. White writes today,

Skipping past all the political tripe in my feed today, I am instead considering:

(Greek phrase)

Especially the aorist active participle (Greek word). He made peace. He accomplished His intention. There was no "try," there was no "hope to succeed," He MADE PEACE. It is only because He made peace that we can have peace. The peace He made was (Greek phrase), through the blood of His cross. It was final, (Greek word), once for all time, for all of history led up to, and now looks back upon, that cross, the center point of history itself. My experience of peace is completely and utterly dependent upon His accomplishment of peace, the completion of the sacrifice of the cross. That cross demonstrated God's wisdom and righteousness in all of creation---in how He would treat with mercy and grace the elect He joined to the Son, in how He would demonstrate His wrath and power upon the rebels who, despite the demonstration of His righteousness, love, and power, would remain obstinate in their love of self. And it must be emphasized, He did this. He made peace. Not a theoretical, "if we will but help Him" peace. He made peace. The cross was to be the center of history from day one. No after-thought, no second option. The focus. Always.
    Last edited by Baruch; November 8, 2016, 02:12 PM.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    (The forum will not let me paste the Greek text, not sure why. So I substitute a (Greek) placeholder. It may not matter much to us, because we don't read Greek. The message is still strong and marvelous.)

James R. White writes today,

Skipping past all the political tripe in my feed today, I am instead considering:

(Greek phrase)

Especially the aorist active participle (Greek word). He made peace. He accomplished His intention. There was no "try," there was no "hope to succeed," He MADE PEACE. It is only because He made peace that we can have peace. The peace He made was (Greek phrase), through the blood of His cross. It was final, (Greek word), once for all time, for all of history led up to, and now looks back upon, that cross, the center point of history itself. My experience of peace is completely and utterly dependent upon His accomplishment of peace, the completion of the sacrifice of the cross. That cross demonstrated God's wisdom and righteousness in all of creation---in how He would treat with mercy and grace the elect He joined to the Son, in how He would demonstrate His wrath and power upon the rebels who, despite the demonstration of His righteousness, love, and power, would remain obstinate in their love of self. And it must be emphasized, He did this. He made peace. Not a theoretical, "if we will but help Him" peace. He made peace. The cross was to be the center of history from day one. No after-thought, no second option. The focus. Always.
    Amen, amen and amen.

He made peace. Not a theoretical, "if we will but help Him" peace. He made peace.

I have heard many pray for world peace. But that kind of peace is NOT peace at all. For all men would still not be at peace with God.

To be at war with the whole world is NOTHING compared to being at war with God, who created the whole universe.

Even if all the men in the world were at "peace" with one another, they would still have an enemy, who is the most powerful created being, that wants to destroy them. So they would not be at peace at all. Satan wants to destroy his own followers.

Hell is simply being somewhere where God has left everyone to their own desires. There will be no love in hell, only hate. There will be no peace; only war, anxiety and regret.

There is ONLY ONE kind of TRUE PEACE. That is being at peace with The Lord Jesus who paid the price so we could enter into that peace with Him.

Comment

Do you think the phrase, "Despite their demonstration of righteousness, they are obstinate lovers of self.", what does that look like in example? Can someone show God's love and still be a lover of self to the point of you being without God in hell?

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post
        Do you think the phrase, "Despite their demonstration of righteousness, they are obstinate lovers of self.", what does that look like in example? Can someone show God's love and still be a lover of self to the point of you being without God in hell?
        Is that perhaps a copy mistake, Tom, or do you mean to ask something a little differently worded? I ask because Mr. White put, "despite the demonstration of His righteousness" they would remain obstinate. Just wishing to resolve my confusion, if any.

Comment

I meant to ask can an obstinate lover of self show righteousness?

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post
            I meant to ask can an obstinate lover of self show righteousness?
            Well, the answer is yes, IF that lover of self has confessed their sinfulness to Jesus and is filled with His Holy Spirit. Then His Holy Spirit will speak and act with righteousness through them.

We are all guilty of every sin according to the Holy Scriptures and that would include being lovers of self. Of course many have confessed that sin and The Lord then can cause them to see how sinful they are. Then that self love is lessened by the day and they become lovers of Jesus more every day.

Comment

People can also be convincing actors, putting on a show of good works for their own benefit. They can fool a lot of people, but not everyone, and certainly not the Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                People can also be convincing actors, putting on a show of good works for their own benefit. They can fool a lot of people, but not everyone, and certainly not the Lord.
                Very true Barry.

Comment

Working...
                X