Do not be deceived: aborted babies go to heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not be deceived: aborted babies go to heaven

A few years ago on this forum there was a question about children who die before the "age of consent", and quite a bit of discussion. I think it tapered off, somewhat hopeful but unresolved.

This is pretty powerful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HetYcpRehBU

Thanks so much Barry for posting this.

While Jesus is The Judge and He decides who enters heaven and who does not, we do have His Holy Scriptures to consider. But our interpretation of these writings do not force Him to follow these understandings of ours. Jesus is The Judge.

But here is more evidence about babies that died before they had a chance to give their life to Him.

2 Samuel 12 New International Version (NIV)

Nathan Rebukes David

12 The Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, “There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor.2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, 3 but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.

4 “Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him.”

5 David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this must die! 6 He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity.”

7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. 9 Why did you despise the word of the Lord by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites. 10 Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.’

11 “This is what the Lord says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”

13 Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”

Nathan replied, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for the Lord, the son born to you will die.”

15 After Nathan had gone home, the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David, and he became ill. 16 David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and spent the nights lying in sackcloth on the ground. 17 The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them.

18 On the seventh day the child died. David’s attendants were afraid to tell him that the child was dead, for they thought, “While the child was still living, he wouldn'’t listen to us when we spoke to him. How can we now tell him the child is dead? He may do something desperate.”

19 David noticed that his attendants were whispering among themselves, and he realized the child was dead. “Is the child dead?” he asked.

“Yes,” they replied, “he is dead.”

20 Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate.

21 His attendants asked him, “Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!”

22He answered, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ 23 But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again?I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

So David says the He will go to the child. This would show that the child is in heaven and David will go to that child after David dies.

Acts 2

22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25 David said about him:

“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
    Because he is at my right hand,
    I will not be shaken.
    26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest in hope,
    27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    you will not let your holy one see decay.
    28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence.’

29 “Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
    35 until I make your enemies
    a footstool for your feet.”’

36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

Now David did not say what he said about going to his dead child was from the Lord, he was a prophet and spoke many many things from the Lord.

At least we can see that David was confident that the child was in heaven.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; January 31, 2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
        Makes sense to me.
        Thanks for the reply Steve and thanks again Barry for posting this interesting subject.

Comment

It's so amazing the little things we pass up in our quest to read and gain knowledge. I offer a third thing. David was indeed a prophet and that hints that the baby went to heaven. I would add that God made sure that became scripture and is there for us to read. There has to be a reason; how many acts did God say he did and weren't recorded. That one was. I think the child made it.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post
            It's so amazing the little things we pass up in our quest to read and gain knowledge. I offer a third thing. David was indeed a prophet and that hints that the baby went to heaven. I would add that God made sure that became scripture and is there for us to read. There has to be a reason; how many acts did God say he did and weren't recorded. That one was. I think the child made it.
            WOW great comment Tom, thanks. This is why we have the forum, so people can make comments like this.

Jesus had the servants fill the clay jars with water and it was still water.

NOTICE that we are the clay jars for god created man out of dust ( clay). Jesus commands us to fill ourselves with the WATER of the word to the very brim. But it is still water, not wine.

It becomes wine when it is poured out.

This is why EVERYONE should have a part in every gathering we have. So everyone can have wine. Also notice that old wine ( something that was poured out long ago, is not as good as NEW WINE. New wine is when it is first poured out of the clay jar.

Yes, David said many things that were not written down ( and David is thankful for that ) . But this was written down and God has His reason. God has a reason for everything He does.

2 Cor 4:7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side,but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
            John 2New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Changes Water Into Wine

2 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.[b]

7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signsthrough which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

12 After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothersand his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

WOW great comment Tom, thanks. This is why we have the forum, so people can make comments like this.

Jesus had the servants fill the clay jars with water and it was still water.

NOTICE that we are the clay jars for god created man out of dust ( clay). Jesus commands us to fill ourselves with the WATER of the word to the very brim. But it is still water, not wine.

It becomes wine when it is poured out.

This is why EVERYONE should have a part in every gathering we have. So everyone can have wine. Also notice that old wine ( something that was poured out long ago, is not as good as NEW WINE. New wine is when it is first poured out of the clay jar.

Yes, David said many things that were not written down ( and David is thankful for that ) . But this was written down and God has His reason. God has a reason for everything He does.

2 Cor 4:7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side,but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
              John 2New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Changes Water Into Wine

2 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.[b]

7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signsthrough which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

12 After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothersand his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.
              Thank you Lou. I was pretty sure the holy spirit told me that. That's why I was so amazed something you pass by a bunch of times without realizing what a miracle it is. Like when Jonah prays from the dead, and God hears him. Or when Samuel is called forth from the dead by a witch and gives prophecy. God has indeed shown you alot.

Comment

Working...
              X