Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Spurgeon on Prayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fz9rygPqB4

Thanks Barry, very true words spoken by a true preacher of the gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

Thanks Barry, very true words spoken by a true preacher of the gospel.
      Everyone has a role to play, just as every body part in our flesh has a role to play when we walk, talk, run, try to be a farmer, or anything else.

Comment

Amen. Whether I am the hand, foot, or little toe I will pray. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Amen. Whether I am the hand, foot, or little toe I will pray. :)
          The more humble a servant's position in the body of Christ is, the more important they may be. While the positions that seem more important may be the least.

For Jesus said:

Luke 9:46 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”

Comment

The more humble a servant's position in the body of Christ is, the more important they may be. While the positions that seem more important may be the least.

For Jesus said:

Luke 9:46 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”
            An very interesting thought because we always seem to think the opposite. We should be begging Jesus to be used in a way we think is unimportant.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

An very interesting thought because we always seem to think the opposite. We should be begging Jesus to be used in a way we think is unimportant.
              Amen Tom, most of this world is fighting over who gets LAST place, considering what Jesus said.

We are not very smart sometimes.

Comment

Amen Tom, most of this world is fighting over who gets LAST place, considering what Jesus said.

We are not very smart sometimes.
                Just yesterday, I was going to the bank and in a hurry. I saw a woman get out of her car on crutches to walk to the door. I was going to walk by, but I felt Jesus say to me, "Tom, you won't help her?" So I waited for her to get to the door. She didn't notice, and said that their are still gentleman around, and you sir, are one of them. Makes you wonder sometimes what exactly is important. I am called to be an ambassador for Christ, not worried about when my laundry is done. And when we don't show mercy, how do we expect God to show us mercy?

Comment

Working...
                X