Esther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esther

Politics in 2017 are quite interesting!!! Richard Buckham has a short pamphlet on something I consider my type of politics. (The kingdom of God) YHWH's name is not mentioned in the book of Esther. Yet the more he is not mentioned the more conspicuous he becomes. A narrative of coincidences take the place of miracles as a sign of divine activity. All of chapter 2 -6:1-4. Providences manifest the hand of God when seen in the light of a divine purpose. Most people would not take this for granted. YHWH's commitment is seen in the survival of his people.( 4:13-14 ) Human acts contribute to the outcome through courage and faith.His divine purpose -providence coupled with a man's appropriate caution about his action to not have a conviction of God-given destiny to shape History, but to trust God for the outcome. My conviction is to assume responsibility to be rightly related to YHWH and to his will and purposes. Quote: A Christian politician should hope to cooperate with the divine providence, at the same time, find himself mostly in the dark about the role which his actions will play in the larger divine purpose. This goes along with my thinking about the ( The kingdom of God ) politics of being salt and light. Example: Ben Carson,Mike Pence, Huckabee. (Job 6:6 neither unsavory meat nor the white of an egg can be eaten without the salt of the kingdom to flavor it.) Finally, for years I've had angst about politics and he's brought me to this place. Blessed is YHWH

Originally posted by Charles Drakulich View Post
    Politics in 2017 are quite interesting!!! Richard Buckham has a short pamphlet on something I consider my type of politics. (The kingdom of God) YHWH's name is not mentioned in the book of Esther. Yet the more he is not mentioned the more conspicuous he becomes. A narrative of coincidences take the place of miracles as a sign of divine activity. All of chapter 2 -6:1-4. Providences manifest the hand of God when seen in the light of a divine purpose. Most people would not take this for granted. YHWH's commitment is seen in the survival of his people.( 4:13-14 ) Human acts contribute to the outcome through courage and faith.His divine purpose -providence coupled with a man's appropriate caution about his action to not have a conviction of God-given destiny to shape History, but to trust God for the outcome. My conviction is to assume responsibility to be rightly related to YHWH and to his will and purposes. Quote: A Christian politician should hope to cooperate with the divine providence, at the same time, find himself mostly in the dark about the role which his actions will play in the larger divine purpose. This goes along with my thinking about the ( The kingdom of God ) politics of being salt and light. Example: Ben Carson,Mike Pence, Huckabee. (Job 6:6 neither unsavory meat nor the white of an egg can be eaten without the salt of the kingdom to flavor it.) Finally, for years I've had angst about politics and he's brought me to this place. Blessed is YHWH
    Amen Charles. Thanks for the article. Everything of this world is unsavory unless we include The Lord.

I do not like hospitals, they are unsavory. They glorify doctors often and not Jesus. BUT if The Lord Jesus sends me into a hospital to pray for someone, then that is salt that makes even the hospital savory to me.

Certainly politics are unsavory as you say. But if we pray and work to have our leaders do the will of The Lord, they become savory to us.

The people of God have to become salt again for our nation. We need to pray daily for the Lord to cause our leaders to do His will.

Certainly Esther is a good example of a servant of God causing the most powerful empire on the face of the earth to do the will of God. The King was going to destroy the people of God and Esther caused that same king to save them.

Esther proves that ONE person and God are a majority against the whole world.

Great article Charles, thanks again.

Comment

Charles, I have been preaching that we can pray and ask The Lord to save our nation and He can do just that. The example I used was Johnathon saying one man and God are a majority against the whole world. He and his armor bearer attacked and defeated a whole garrison of Philistines. Their example caused the rest of the nation of Israel to rise up and defeat the enemy.

But your example of Esther is much better:

1 - Esther was only one woman.

2 - The most powerful empire on the face of the whole earth stood against her.

3 - Haman, who was from Edom, hated the Jews and he was second in command under the King.

4 - Haman had convinced the King, who was the most powerful King on the earth, to make a law giving the non Jews permission to kill the Jews and when they did, whoever killed them, got to keep all of their land and property. So the Jews were paying for their own hit man. Satan is very cunning.

5 - The law of the King could not be changed, even by the King.

6 - The nation of Judah was in exile and did not have their own nation anymore. They were ruled by people who hated them.

7 - No one could even approach the King in his court to ask for mercy; because unless the King had requested them to appear they would be killed for entering his court. ( the only way someone could live was for the King to first notice them, and then decide to extend them mercy and extend his scepter toward them) What was the chances of the King even seeing them enter with all the other people trying to get the King's attention.

Esther was the one grain of salt that saved the whole nation of Israel.

We are more than one and The Lord has given us a leader than wants to give our nation back to us.

We do stand against an evil Haman ( many Hamans ) who want to destroy our Republic.

But we are by far in the majority, because we serve The Creator of everything that exists. He has promised to help us if we will humble ourselves and pray and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways, then He will hear from heaven, and He will forgive our sin and will heal our land.

Someone might say, what wicked ways, what sin ?

If we had no wicked ways and no sin, our land would not be in the shape it is in, would it ?

Look at the prayer of Daniel:

4 I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed:

“Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, 5we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws. 6 We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes and our ancestors, and to all the people of the land.

7 “Lord, you are righteous, but this day we are covered with shame—the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, both near and far, in all the countries where you have scattered us because of our unfaithfulness to you. 8 We and our kings, our princes and our ancestors are covered with shame, Lord, because we have sinned against you. 9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; 10we have not obeyed the Lord our God or kept the laws he gave us through his servants the prophets. 11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you.

“Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you. 12 You have fulfilled the words spoken against us and against our rulers by bringing on us great disaster. Under the whole heaven nothing has ever been done like what has been done to Jerusalem. 13 Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come on us, yet we have not sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth. 14 The Lord did not hesitate to bring the disaster on us, for the Lord our God is righteous in everything he does; yet we have not obeyed him.

15 “Now, Lord our God, who brought your people out of Egypt with a mighty hand and who made for yourself a name that endures to this day, we have sinned, we have done wrong. 16 Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our ancestors have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us.

17“Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant.For your sake, Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. 18 Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19 Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.”

Is any one of us more righteous than Daniel ?
      Last edited by Lou Newton; February 25, 2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Blessed is YHWH! When His name is mentioned and when it is not..When we can see Him and when we cannot..Blessed is YHWH! When we can hear Him and when we cannot..When we can understand His Purposes and when we cannot..Blessed is YHWH! When we know what to do and when we do not..When we are willing to obey and when we do not. Blessed is YHWH all the time!! For His Mercy endureth forever and ever!!

Darn glad to hear from ya Chuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Drakulich View Post
          Many friendships and marriages are venues of politics. The problem, be it national or personal, is the un-redeemed man. Though he label himself Christian or good, he represents himself and not Christ. In the midst of a ruckus at Constitutional convention Benjamin Franklin called for the members to take a break so to attend several churches and listen to the ministers preach. It solved the problem of the ruckus. The "therapy" for my problems, for my marital problems, for the country's problems, and for the planet's problems is to proclaim the gospel to as many as will receive it. Such "therapy" when embraced by a significant number is the solution to all the evils of the world. And . . . . there is no other solution. I think it might be better known as the Kingdom of YHWH.

Shall we all pray "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." "upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Some will say the kingdom has come and others will say it waits for the millennium and yet, others say the kingdom is not for the Church but a future Israel. But the Kingdom of YHWH has come, and it is like the leaven in a lump of dough. When the kingdom started there was one people, and a sizable part of them were apostate. The gospel has changed people and governments throughout the world for 1970 years. Although, we see contraction in America the gospel overcomes in more places than ever before. Speak with our missionaries and hear the glad tidings of great joy. It is "onward Christian soldier!"
          Last edited by glen smith; April 25, 2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X