How to please The Lord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to please The Lord

Do we really desire to please The Lord Jesus ? That is a question we should all ask ourselves.

Most churches I have been in are seeking miracles, prophecy, healings etc.

But is that how The Lord has revealed we can please Him ?

The Angel of The Lord appeared to Moses in the burning bush. God spoke to Moses and sent him to lead Israel out of slavery. Moses prophesied the nine plagues that The Lord brought upon Egypt because the Pharaoh would not free Israel. Moses led Israel out of Egypt and God parted the Red Sea when Moses lifted up his rod. (16 But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it). God led Israel with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night while Moses was leading Israel. Israel defeated enemy armies while Moses was leading them and was led to the borders of Israel. Moses wrote down the 10 Commandments and the first 5 books of the Bible. This is written about Moses in Numbers 12: 3 (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.) So we see why God chose Moses to do all these miracles through. God loves us and does not want to destroy a man with pride if doing miracles through him will cause him to be proud. God does not want to destroy the very man who He works through with pride.

Paul wrote 13 and maybe 14 Books of The Bible. The Lord preformed many miracles through Paul. We could list so many things about Paul, but everyone should know about the many persecutions he endured and did not turn from serving God.

John the Baptist did not preform any miracles as far as I know and he did not write one book of The Bible. YET, Jesus said this about him.

I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John

Now someone may say, I do not desire to be great. This is NOT a mere man speaking, but God Almighty is speaking here. Yes, we should not desire to be great in man's eyes, but we should desire to be great in God's eyes.

John pleased The Lord greatly without doing any miracles or writing any books of the Bible.

Should not we desire to know why John pleased The Lord greatly so that we could follow his example ?

Dose anyone desire to know why or how John pleased The Lord so much ?

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Do we really desire to please The Lord Jesus ? That is a question we should all ask ourselves.

Most churches I have been in are seeking miracles, prophecy, healings etc.

But is that how The Lord has revealed we can please Him ?

The Angel of The Lord appeared to Moses in the burning bush. God spoke to Moses and sent him to lead Israel out of slavery. Moses prophesied the nine plagues that The Lord brought upon Egypt because the Pharaoh would not free Israel. Moses led Israel out of Egypt and God parted the Red Sea when Moses lifted up his rod. (16 But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it). God led Israel with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night while Moses was leading Israel. Israel defeated enemy armies while Moses was leading them and was led to the borders of Israel. Moses wrote down the 10 Commandments and the first 5 books of the Bible. This is written about Moses in Numbers 12: 3 (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.) So we see why God chose Moses to do all these miracles through. God loves us and does not want to destroy a man with pride if doing miracles through him will cause him to be proud. God does not want to destroy the very man who He works through with pride.

Paul wrote 13 and maybe 14 Books of The Bible. The Lord preformed many miracles through Paul. We could list so many things about Paul, but everyone should know about the many persecutions he endured and did not turn from serving God.

John the Baptist did not preform any miracles as far as I know and he did not write one book of The Bible. YET, Jesus said this about him.

I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John

Now someone may say, I do not desire to be great. This is NOT a mere man speaking, but God Almighty is speaking here. Yes, we should not desire to be great in man's eyes, but we should desire to be great in God's eyes.

John pleased The Lord greatly without doing any miracles or writing any books of the Bible.

Should not we desire to know why John pleased The Lord greatly so that we could follow his example ?

Dose anyone desire to know why or how John pleased The Lord so much ?
    Is it because he knew him and recognized him readily?

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

Is it because he knew him and recognized him readily?
      Very good comment Tom. But you are getting ahead of the story.

First I have to get people to realize that they want to please God, and they want to know how John did just that.

Comment

Working...
      X