Please pray for my son Brant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Please pray for my son Brant today. He is working very hard for 16 hours a day and can not do this much longer. He is exhausted.
    Please pray for Brant today.

Comment

I have you guys in my prayers, Lou.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        I have you guys in my prayers, Lou.
        Thanks Barry.

Comment

I could write the same as posted for Lou's brother. I have been where Brant is today. In my mid thirties I went for 4 years on 3 hours of sleep each night - seven days a week. The lessons from that time were these:
          1. No matter how much effort I give, I cannot do what those better equipped than I am can do. I always had believed, if I worked hard enough I could accomplish everything before me. It was an excellent lesson in humility and in not being as able as some others.
          2. I had always believed, if I gave everything to the LORD I would be closer to Him and be blessed by him. I gave all my time, energy, focus, and valuables/money to serve him. What I got was exhaustion and essentially, excommunication. Being the hard head - it required about 12 years to learn this second lesson. There is not enough sacrifice in me to please the LORD. And until I realized that it was about the LORD and not me, I remained an unfit minister.

My suspicion is that there is a body out there who is looking for a job - maybe a body the LORD is hounding - an unlikely type.

Just today, I was again expressing remorse over a $40,000 decision I made in 2012. Every time I do this the LORD speaks. The words come from the mouth of my wife. "You just have no idea what her needs were and what the LORD was doing in her life. She needed that money or you would not have made such a stupid decision." So, I am continuing to learn divine superintendence doesn't always benefit me because the PLAN is not about me.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
            I could write the same as posted for Lou's brother. I have been where Brant is today. In my mid thirties I went for 4 years on 3 hours of sleep each night - seven days a week. The lessons from that time were these:
            1. No matter how much effort I give, I cannot do what those better equipped than I am can do. I always had believed, if I worked hard enough I could accomplish everything before me. It was an excellent lesson in humility and in not being as able as some others.
            2. I had always believed, if I gave everything to the LORD I would be closer to Him and be blessed by him. I gave all my time, energy, focus, and valuables/money to serve him. What I got was exhaustion and essentially, excommunication. Being the hard head - it required about 12 years to learn this second lesson. There is not enough sacrifice in me to please the LORD. And until I realized that it was about the LORD and not me, I remained an unfit minister.

My suspicion is that there is a body out there who is looking for a job - maybe a body the LORD is hounding - an unlikely type.

Just today, I was again expressing remorse over a $40,000 decision I made in 2012. Every time I do this the LORD speaks. The words come from the mouth of my wife. "You just have no idea what her needs were and what the LORD was doing in her life. She needed that money or you would not have made such a stupid decision." So, I am continuing to learn divine superintendence doesn't always benefit me because the PLAN is not about me.
            Thanks for this thoughtful reply that we all can learn from Glen. Thanks also for the prayers for Brant.

Comment

I will be praying for Brant.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post

Thanks for the insight Glen.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                  I will be praying for Brant.
                  Thanks Steve for praying and thanks for leaving me know.

Comment

Please remember to pray for my son Brant.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

Thanks very much Tom. We prayed that you get this job and you did. We prayed for Steve to get work, and he is very very busy now. So I pray that The Lord sends Brant some good workers who want to work.
                      Sometimes we get so busy we forget to give thanks. Thank you everyone for praying for me. I hope brant has found some relief in some good workers.

Comment

Praying for Brant!

Comment

Originally posted by The Knight View Post
                          Praying for Brant!
                          Thanks so very much Knight. Your prayers certainly helped my blood pressure.

Comment

Brant emailed me a few days ago and said he had found some people to hire and was able to work less hours.

He called me tonight and we talked about his Double Eagle. He has hired about 10 people and able to keep a few of them and hoping they will work out in the long term. He is working less hours and thanked us all for praying for him.

I thank you for praying for my son Brant.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X