The Creation obeys The Lord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Creation obeys The Lord

The first time I read the book of Isaiah many decades ago. I noticed that the Lord said:

2 Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth!
    For the Lord has spoken:

I wondered why The Lord would speak to the heavens and the earth that do not have ears, instead of men who do.

The Lord answered me and said, The heavens and the earth obey me totally, but even my people do not.

Genesis 1

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. - The Lord said the sun did not ask, why do you want light ? Or how about tomorrow ? The sun brought forth light immediately without questioning. The creation ALWAYS obeys the Lord. It does everything The Lord asks, and does it immediately. The creation never does anything unless The Lord tells it to do it. Men are an exception. They do not obey and even if they do they will ask why. They often do things that the Lord did NOT tell them to do.

The importance of this truth is very very important.

Read Isaiah 1 and see how all creation obeys the Lord except for man. Then Lord is not speaking of heathen nations here, but His people.

Isaiah 1New International Version (NIV)

1 The vision concerning Judah and Jerusalem that Isaiah son of Amoz saw during the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. A Rebellious Nation

2 Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth!
    For the Lord has spoken:
    “I reared children and brought them up,
    but they have rebelled against me.
    3 The ox knows its master,
    the donkey its owner’s manger,
    but Israel does not know,
    my people do not understand.”

4 Woe to the sinful nation,
    a people whose guilt is great,
    a brood of evildoers,
    children given to corruption!
    They have forsaken the Lord;
    they have spurned the Holy One of Israel
    and turned their backs on him.

5 Why should you be beaten anymore?
    Why do you persist in rebellion?
    Your whole head is injured,
    your whole heart afflicted.
    6 From the sole of your foot to the top of your head
    there is no soundness—
    only wounds and welts
    and open sores,
    not cleansed or bandaged
    or soothed with olive oil.

7 Your country is desolate,
    your cities burned with fire;
    your fields are being stripped by foreigners
    right before you,
    laid waste as when overthrown by strangers.
    8 Daughter Zion is left
    like a shelter in a vineyard,
    like a hut in a cucumber field,
    like a city under siege.
    9 Unless the Lord Almighty
    had left us some survivors,
    we would have become like Sodom,
    we would have been like Gomorrah.

10 Hear the word of the Lord,
    you rulers of Sodom;
    listen to the instruction of our God,
    you people of Gomorrah!
    11 “The multitude of your sacrifices—
    what are they to me?” says the Lord.
    “I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
    of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
    I have no pleasure
    in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
    12 When you come to appear before me,
    who has asked this of you,
    this trampling of my courts?
    13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
    Your incense is detestable to me.
    New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
    I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
    14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
    I hate with all my being.
    They have become a burden to me;
    I am weary of bearing them.
    15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
    I hide my eyes from you;
    even when you offer many prayers,
    I am not listening.

Your hands are full of blood!

16 Wash and make yourselves clean.
    Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
    stop doing wrong.
    17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
    Defend the oppressed.[a]
    Take up the cause of the fatherless;
    plead the case of the widow.

18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,”
    says the Lord.
    “Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
    though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.
    19 If you are willing and obedient,
    you will eat the good things of the land;
    20 but if you resist and rebel,
    you will be devoured by the sword.”
    For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

21 See how the faithful city
    has become a prostitute!
    She once was full of justice;
    righteousness used to dwell in her—
    but now murderers!
    22 Your silver has become dross,
    your choice wine is diluted with water.
    23 Your rulers are rebels,
    partners with thieves;
    they all love bribes
    and chase after gifts.
    They do not defend the cause of the fatherless;
    the widow’s case does not come before them.

24 Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty,
    the Mighty One of Israel, declares:
    “Ah! I will vent my wrath on my foes
    and avenge myself on my enemies.
    25 I will turn my hand against you;[b]
    I will thoroughly purge away your dross
    and remove all your impurities.
    26 I will restore your leaders as in days of old,
    your rulers as at the beginning.
    Afterward you will be called
    the City of Righteousness,
    the Faithful City.”

27 Zion will be delivered with justice,
    her penitent ones with righteousness.
    28 But rebels and sinners will both be broken,
    and those who forsake the Lord will perish.

29 “You will be ashamed because of the sacred oaks
    in which you have delighted;
    you will be disgraced because of the gardens
    that you have chosen.
    30 You will be like an oak with fading leaves,
    like a garden without water.
    31 The mighty man will become tinder
    and his work a spark;
    both will burn together,
    with no one to quench the fire.”

Considering this truth everyone should consider the Eclipse of the Sun that is going to take place next Monday.

The Sun and Moon did not do this of their own accord. But both objects are obeying the exact direction of their Creator.

They are both being directed by The Lord to do exactly as He tells them to do, and at the exact moment when He desires.

Considering this what do you think The Lord is telling this nation on Monday ?

Psalm 19

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
    2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.

3 They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
    4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.
    In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
    5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
    like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
    6 It rises at one end of the heavens
    and makes its circuit to the other;
    nothing is deprived of its warmth.

If God declares His glory in the heavens, should we listen ?

The first revelation from God to man was not the Holy Scriptures. It was God's creation. For His creation declares His glory. God used His creation to speak to men far before Moses was even born.

Now when men claim that anything in the creation can effect your life or control your life, that is witchcraft. Witchcraft is evil and is simply men trying to control or predict what is going to take place.

BUT simply reading a message from God in His creation is not evil, but it is from God.

Now some look to The Bible like it is their Savior. The Bible is not our Savior, but is a Book that point's to our Savior.

The heavens also can not save anyone, but God can use the heavens to point us to Him.

The whole of the Holy Scriptures are full of messages about the Messiah and His coming.

BUT there is not even one account in the Holy Scriptures of any mere man seeing when Jesus would arrive from the scriptures. Jerusalem was full of men who studied the scriptures but not one knew that the Lord had already been born.

Yet some wise men from the east seen His star in the east and knew He had already been born and came to worship Him.

Matthew 2 (NIV)

The Magi Visit the Messiah

2 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.

Those who memorized whole books of the scriptures did not know of His coming and did not recognize Jesus when He raised the dead right before their eyes.

John 5

36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

These men did not recognize their Messiah and went to destruction because they did not.

We need to look for The Lord Jesus is anything and everything.

Now some are implying that this eclipse is sign of The Lord's return. But that eclipse that Jesus spoke about is right after the great tribulation. So unless the tribulation has been going on today this is not that eclipse.

But that great American eclipse will cause almost everyone to stop what they are doing and look up to the heavens.

Some may turn their thoughts to Jesus as a result.

How can that be a bad thing ?
    Last edited by Lou Newton; August 15, 2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

There is a story in the Bible about a man who disregarded a sign in heaven from God.

We know that sign was in the heavens and we know it was from God. We also know that one man and a whole nation did not regard that sign from God as something to cause them to repent.

Joshua 10New International Version (NIV)

The Sun Stands Still

10 Now Adoni-Zedek ( this is Hebrew for Lord of Righteousness ) king of Jerusalem heard that Joshua had taken Ai and totally destroyed it, doing to Ai and its king as he had done to Jericho and its king, and that the people of Gibeon had made a treaty of peace with Israel and had become their allies. 2 He and his people were very much alarmed at this, because Gibeon was an important city, like one of the royal cities; it was larger than Ai, and all its men were good fighters. 3 So Adoni-Zedek king of Jerusalem appealed to Hoham king of Hebron, Piram king of Jarmuth, Japhia king of Lachish and Debir king of Eglon. 4 “Come up and help me attack Gibeon,” he said, “because it has made peace with Joshua and the Israelites.”

5 Then the five kings of the Amorites—the kings of Jerusalem, Hebron, Jarmuth, Lachish and Eglon—joined forces. They moved up with all their troops and took up positions against Gibeon and attacked it.

6 The Gibeonites then sent word to Joshua in the camp at Gilgal: “Do not abandon your servants. Come up to us quickly and save us! Help us, because all the Amorite kings from the hill country have joined forces against us.”

7 So Joshua marched up from Gilgal with his entire army, including all the best fighting men. 8 The Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you.”

9 After an all-night march from Gilgal, Joshua took them by surprise.10 The Lord threw them into confusion before Israel, so Joshua and the Israelites defeated them completely at Gibeon. Israel pursued them along the road going up to Beth Horon and cut them down all the way to Azekah and Makkedah. 11 As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah,the Lord hurled large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites.

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
      and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
      13 So the sun stood still,
      and the moon stopped,

till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!

15 Then Joshua returned with all Israel to the camp at Gilgal. Five Amorite Kings Killed

16Now the five kings had fled and hidden in the cave at Makkedah.17 When Joshua was told that the five kings had been found hiding in the cave at Makkedah, 18 he said, “Roll large rocks up to the mouth of the cave, and post some men there to guard it. 19 But don’t stop; pursue your enemies! Attack them from the rear and don’t let them reach their cities, for the Lord your God has given them into your hand.”

20 So Joshua and the Israelites defeated them completely, but a few survivors managed to reach their fortified cities. 21 The whole army then returned safely to Joshua in the camp at Makkedah, and no one uttered a word against the Israelites.

22 Joshua said, “Open the mouth of the cave and bring those five kings out to me.23 So they brought the five kings out of the cave—the kings of Jerusalem, Hebron, Jarmuth, Lachish and Eglon. 24 When they had brought these kings to Joshua, he summoned all the men of Israel and said to the army commanders who had come with him, “Come here and put your feet on the necks of these kings.” So they came forward and placed their feet on their necks.

25 Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the Lord will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.” 26Then Joshua put the kings to death and exposed their bodies on five poles, and they were left hanging on the poles until evening.

27At sunset Joshua gave the order and they took them down from the poles and threw them into the cave where they had been hiding. At the mouth of the cave they placed large rocks, which are there to this day.

Now hail came down from the heavens and then the sun stopped in the sky for a whole day; but still the King of Jerusalem ( who took the same title as God, for there is but ONE Lord of Righteousness) and the other four Kings did not consider these a sign from God and seek His forgiveness.

Who knows what they said about the signs, they may have thought:

1 - the hail was just a random act of weather

2 -maybe the sun has stopped before long ago in the sky

3- the sun stopping is just a cycle it goes through once in very long time

Whatever they thought, they did NOT attribute these acts from the one true God Almighty and were destroyed.

Not only the five Kings but the five cities of the nation of Canaan also did not repent and were destroyed.

Now if they had realized that these acts were from God and humbled themselves before Him and sought His face and repented they would have been forgiven. Some may claim that they could not be forgiven even if they had confessed their sin and repented. But God's promises are eternal and are for everyone:

1 John 1 Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

It is a very serious thing to mock any sign from God. It is also a very serious thing to ignore any sign from God.

Millions have went to destruction from doing so and they could have been saved if they had humbled themselves and sought The Lord about these signs.

No on has ever come to one bit of harm by seeking The Lord and asking Him about anything, or any sign in the heavens.

Lou Newton

Comment

I do not understand the resistance of some to saying that God has sent messages by objects in the heavens.

God sent us messages through men by inspiring them to write The Holy Scriptures.

But God alone is in control of the heavens. No man has any influence on the heavens.

Why would God create the heavens and not use it to declare His truth ?

I would think that at least one person has a comment about this.

Comment

I will comment on this, but it does not hold much interest for me because I do not understand signs in the sky as applicable to those who walk in the Holy Ghost.

In the study of world religions the assumption is made that the concept of divinity followed a path from many local nature gods to many gods controlling man’'s fate, to many national gods to single national gods for each nation to the one god of creation. This is the evolutionary development in the mind of man of deity. Astrology is part of the study of world religions as a religious concept.

The Bible reverses the process starting with divine revelation of the Creator with the concept of the various deities arising from man rejecting the true God. (Genesis). The same might be claimed for astrology - evolved from divine revelation to pagan astrology.

Many Bible students have posted their conclusion about the signs in the sky on the internet. They often start with:
          And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years…” (Genesis 1:14)

The Talmud identified the twelve constellations of the zodiac with the twelve months of the Hebrew calendar. In Hebrew the twelve constellations are know as the Mazzaroth. The correspondence of the constellations with their names in Hebrew and the months is as follows:
          1. Aries - Ṭaleh - Nisan
          2. Taurus - Shor - Iyar
          3. Gemini - Teomim - Sivan
          4. Cancer - Sarṭon - Tammuz
          5. Leo - Ari - Av
          6. Virgo - Betulah - Elul
          7. Libra - Moznayim - Tishrei
          8. Scorpio - 'Aḳrab - Cheshvan
          9. Sagittarius - Ḳasshat - Kislev
          10. Capricorn - Gedi - Tevet
          11. Aquarius - D'li - Shevat
          12. Pisces - Dagim - Adar

Some identify the twelve signs of the zodiac with the12 tribes of Israel.

Is it possible that the heavenly bodies were presented as awesome “signs” from God, and each of these signs came with an underlying story? Is it possible that each story was given a name and an associated “picture,” so that the entire message of the signs in the sky could be passed along from generation to generation?

1. Virgo – The virgin holding a branch and an ear of corn; the promised seed of the woman.

2. Libra – The scales; the price deficient balanced by the price that covers.

3. Scorpio – The scorpion; the attack of the enemy; the redeemer’s conflict.

4. Sagittarius – The archer; the gracious one; the redeemer’s triumph.

5. Capricornus – The sea goat; the goat of atonement slain for the redeemed.

6. Aquarius – The water bearer; the living waters of blessing poured forth for the redeemed.

7. Pisces – The fishes; the multitudes who will follow; the blessings of the redeemed.

8. Aries – The ram or lamb; wounded and slain, the blessings of the redeemed consummated.

9. Taurus – The bull; the congregation of the judge; the coming judge of all the earth.

10. Gemini – The twins; two natures; the reign of the prince of peace.

11. Cancer – The crab; assembled together; the redeemer’s possessions held fast.

12. Leo – The Lion of the tribe of Judah; the consummated triumph of the redeemer in the end.

The starry night:
          "“Before the modern age of atmospheric pollution and light pollution, on a clear, moonless night the starry sky was not just a wonder but intimidating. The unknown immense of the darkness and twinkles overwhelmed the land and the people. From each person’s provincial perspective all people and land could seem insignificant. This nightly wonder dominated the daily time of rest just as the sun dominated the daily time of work. Tired from the day’s labor, each man spent his last waking hours staring bewildered into a starry night. It was enough to cause some men to philosophize and others to be superstitious."” Quoted from Circumnavigation of Texas by Arthur Wordsmyth somewhere on the Rio Grand River.
          Last edited by glen smith; August 19, 2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
            I will comment on this, but it does not hold much interest for me because I do not understand signs in the sky as applicable to those who walk in the Holy Ghost.

In the study of world religions the assumption is made that the concept of divinity followed a path from many local nature gods to many gods controlling man’'s fate, to many national gods to single national gods for each nation to the one god of creation. This is the evolutionary development in the mind of man of deity. Astrology is part of the study of world religions as a religious concept.

The Bible reverses the process starting with divine revelation of the Creator with the concept of the various deities arising from man rejecting the true God. (Genesis). The same might be claimed for astrology - evolved from divine revelation to pagan astrology.

Many Bible students have posted their conclusion about the signs in the sky on the internet. They often start with:
            And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years…” (Genesis 1:14)

The Talmud identified the twelve constellations of the zodiac with the twelve months of the Hebrew calendar. In Hebrew the twelve constellations are know as the Mazzaroth. The correspondence of the constellations with their names in Hebrew and the months is as follows:
            1. Aries - Ṭaleh - Nisan
            2. Taurus - Shor - Iyar
            5. Leo - Ari - Av

Is it possible that the heavenly bodies were presented as awesome “signs” from God, and each of these signs came with an underlying story? Is it possible that each story was given a name and an associated “picture,” so that the entire message of the signs in the sky could be passed along from generation to generation?

1. Virgo – The virgin holding a branch and an ear of corn; the promised seed of the woman.

6. Aquarius – The water bearer; the living waters of blessing poured forth for the redeemed.

7. Pisces – The fishes; the multitudes who will follow; the blessings of the redeemed.

8. Aries – The ram or lamb; wounded and slain, the blessings of the redeemed consummated.

9. Taurus – The bull; the congregation of the judge; the coming judge of all the earth.

11. Cancer – The crab; assembled together; the redeemer’s possessions held fast.

12. Leo – The Lion of the tribe of Judah; the consummated triumph of the redeemer in the end.

The starry night:
            "“Before the modern age of atmospheric pollution and light pollution, on a clear, moonless night the starry sky was not just a wonder but intimidating. The unknown immense of the darkness and twinkles overwhelmed the land and the people. From each person’s provincial perspective all people and land could seem insignificant. This nightly wonder dominated the daily time of rest just as the sun dominated the daily time of work. Tired from the day’s labor, each man spent his last waking hours staring bewildered into a starry night. It was enough to cause some men to philosophize and others to be superstitious."” Quoted from Circumnavigation of Texas by Arthur Wordsmyth somewhere on the Rio Grand River.
            Thanks for the reply Glen.

You write:
            I do not understand how you reason this because you certainly believe that the Holy Scriptures are applicable to those who walk with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Scriptures say this:
            Psalm 19

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1The heavens declare the glory of God;
            the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
            night after night they reveal knowledge.
            3 They have no speech, they use no words;
            no sound is heard from them.
            4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
            their words to the ends of the world.

If the heavens declare His glory why would we not look at that glory and seek to understand it.

In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
            5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,

like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
            6 It rises at one end of the heavens
            and makes its circuit to the other;
            nothing is deprived of its warmth.

Kepler read this verse and understood that God was saying the Sun was a type of Christ. Knowing this he also knew that the Sun was at the center of the solar system and NOT The earth. This knowledge gave him the inspiration to persist on that fact and seek the math formulas that illustrated how the planets moved around the Sun. He persisted in this search for 20 years before he found them. Isaac Newton based his formulas on these formulas of Kepler's. Newton said he was able to see further because he stood on the shoulders of giants. Newton said God gave him this knowledge and that The Bible was totally true.

So our knowledge in this modern world is based on what man has learned from the heavens and The Book with the leading of His Holy Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post

1. Aries - Ṭaleh - Nisan
              2. Taurus - Shor - Iyar
              5. Leo - Ari - Av

The starry night:
              Hi Glen, you write:

Astrology is very strong evidence, if not proof, that God instituted the study of Astronomy ( the study of the heavens ).

There is but one and only one Creator. There is not one like Him. Satan can not create anything, he can only twist God's creation and pervert it. The fact that there is a whole nation that is antichrist, is proof that Christ exists. There have been countless beings who have tried to destroy Israel but they do not focus on being against any of these like Balaam, but they are against Christ.

The fact that astrology exists is proof that God instituted the study of the heavens, for Satan can not create but only pervert. There is a very important difference between the two.

Astrology claims the lie that the heavens determine our fate, and that the heavens have power over us. Satan fools many to worship the heavens because they believe it determines their fate.

True Astronomy claims that God created the heavens and He has the heavens declare His glory and His truth to men. The heavens and The Book have no power over us, but simply declare God's truth. We do not worship the heavens or the Book because we know neither has power over us, but we worship the One who created both the heavens and the Book. The Creation was the very FIRST revelation of God to man, The Bible followed.

Jesus is The Creator and the Truth

Satan is the perverter and liar

Man is the imitator - compare the pyramids of Egypt, Mexico and Mesopotamia with Mount Everest and see how poor man's imitations are.

Because Satan has perverted Astronomy into Astrology is no reason to reject God's original, any more than to say that because Satan has many books of lies we should reject all books, even The Book.

God proclaims the Kings from the east as wise, and we are all told to seek wisdom.

The Kings from the east knew of Christ before all the elders of Jerusalem.

How did these Kings acquire this knowledge ?

Matthew 2 New International Version (NIV)

The Magi Visit the Messiah

2 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

They acquired this knowledge by studying the heavens with the leading of The Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit has led me to study His Holy Scriptures and His creation. I find the Book helps explain the creation and His creation helps me understand His Book.
              Last edited by Lou Newton; August 19, 2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X