No announcement yet.

Does the creation and the Bible agree ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the creation and the Bible agree ?

Here is a question asked on Quora that I posted a reply on:

https://www.quora.com/I-teach-scienc...r/Lou-Newton-1

I teach science. One student asked me, "Science books say humans came from apes. The Bible says humans came from God (Adam and Eve). Finally, sir, which book is wrong?"

Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher
    Answered 1m ago

The Bible clearly states that God created the earth to bring forth the plants and then the earth brought forth the animals. So The Bible clearly states that God used “evolution” of some kind to create the plants and animals.

Notice that God only uses the word CREATE in three places in Gen 1. That is when God creates something out of “nothing”. But God uses the word “made” or “let there be” when God makes something out of something He already created. God does NOT use the word create for the plants, but says let the earth produce the plants.

But also notice that God uses BOTH the word “made” and “create” when He created man. First God made man by having the earth produce animals that evolved ( with His guidance) into creatures that looked like men physically. But they were animals and not men. They had no spirit like God and so were not in the image of God. So God then created a spirit and breathed this spirit into Adam and Adam became the first man.

It may have been these animals, that were like men physically, that Cain mated with an built a city.

The Holy Scriptures and the creation never contradict one another. The creation declares the glory of God. As Isaac Newton said, anytime a man claims that the creation and the Bible contradict one another, he will be proved wrong in time.

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Here is a question asked on Quora that I posted a reply on:

https://www.quora.com/I-teach-scienc...r/Lou-Newton-1

I teach science. One student asked me, "Science books say humans came from apes. The Bible says humans came from God (Adam and Eve). Finally, sir, which book is wrong?"

Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher
    Answered 1m ago

The Bible clearly states that God created the earth to bring forth the plants and then the earth brought forth the animals. So The Bible clearly states that God used “evolution” of some kind to create the plants and animals.

Notice that God only uses the word CREATE in three places in Gen 1. That is when God creates something out of “nothing”. But God uses the word “made” or “let there be” when God makes something out of something He already created. God does NOT use the word create for the plants, but says let the earth produce the plants.

But also notice that God uses BOTH the word “made” and “create” when He created man. First God made man by having the earth produce animals that evolved ( with His guidance) into creatures that looked like men physically. But they were animals and not men. They had no spirit like God and so were not in the image of God. So God then created a spirit and breathed this spirit into Adam and Adam became the first man.

It may have been these animals, that were like men physically, that Cain mated with an built a city.

The Holy Scriptures and the creation never contradict one another. The creation declares the glory of God. As Isaac Newton said, anytime a man claims that the creation and the Bible contradict one another, he will be proved wrong in time.
    I would admit that from a pure science side, that this answer is at first hard to accept. I would also say from a church side, it's almost impossible to accept. I'm beginning to see that when we don't trust Christ and trust something, anything, else that we cannot see how God does things. We will have a hangup somewhere. Isaac Newton's quote is one of the best ever, and a great place to start searching for truth. People on both sides of the argument just assume that each one is completely wrong and with no merit. If we say that there's a God, and that it's possible that he tries to communicate with us, then true religion and true science are the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

I would admit that from a pure science side, that this answer is at first hard to accept. I would also say from a church side, it's almost impossible to accept. I'm beginning to see that when we don't trust Christ and trust something, anything, else that we cannot see how God does things. We will have a hangup somewhere. Isaac Newton's quote is one of the best ever, and a great place to start searching for truth. People on both sides of the argument just assume that each one is completely wrong and with no merit. If we say that there's a God, and that it's possible that he tries to communicate with us, then true religion and true science are the same thing.
      Thanks for the reply Tom. You are right, people have a very difficult time even considering beliefs they have believed since little children are not true.

Comment

Relevant NIV scripture verses
        to determine the difference in the use of “created” and “made.”

Genesis 1:1 NIV
        In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1:7 NIV
        So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so

Genesis 1:16 NIV
        God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Genesis 1:21 NIV
        So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:25 NIV
        God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:27 NIV
        So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Genesis 1:31 NIV
        God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Genesis 2:3 NIV
        Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Genesis 2:4 NIV
        This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

Genesis 2:9 NIV
        The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:22 NIV
        Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Genesis 5:1 NIV
        This is the written account of Adam’s family line. When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God.

Genesis 5:2 NIV
        He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind”

Genesis 6:6 NIV
        The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

Genesis 6:7 NIV
        So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”

Genesis 7:4 NIV
        Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”

Genesis 9:6 NIV
        “Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
          Relevant NIV scripture verses
          to determine the difference in the use of “created” and “made.”

Genesis 1:1 NIV
          In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1:7 NIV
          So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so

Genesis 1:16 NIV
          God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Genesis 1:21 NIV
          So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:25 NIV
          God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:27 NIV
          So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Genesis 1:31 NIV
          God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Genesis 2:3 NIV
          Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Genesis 2:4 NIV
          This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

Genesis 2:9 NIV
          The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:22 NIV
          Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Genesis 5:1 NIV
          This is the written account of Adam’s family line. When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God.

Genesis 5:2 NIV
          He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind”

Genesis 6:6 NIV
          The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

Genesis 6:7 NIV
          So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”

Genesis 7:4 NIV
          Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”

Genesis 9:6 NIV
          “Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.
          Thanks for the scriptures Glen.

Comment

Working...
          X