A wonderful encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wonderful encounter

The other day I stopped in at my favorite book store - an ARC Thrift Store to be exact.
    I found a Strong's Concordance for $4.00! A bit dog eared from use but WOOOHOOO! SCORE!!

I also had a most uplifting conversation with a complete stranger...well, no longer such a stranger.
    His name was Dale. He and his wife moved here from California after he retired. Such a gentle spirit.
    We chatted about Jesus. Of course. And the times. And the false teachers and doctrines that filled the shelves.

And then we moved on.
    As I left, I realized I should have invited him here. I pray I have an opportunity to do just that.
    It's not at all often that I meet someone so in love with the Lord that they will talk so openly about their Savior.
    I'm very blessed to have met him.
    You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
    - Paul Washer
    Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
    - Lou Newton

Originally posted by Jules View Post
    The other day I stopped in at my favorite book store - an ARC Thrift Store to be exact.
    I found a Strong's Concordance for $4.00! A bit dog eared from use but WOOOHOOO! SCORE!!

I also had a most uplifting conversation with a complete stranger...well, no longer such a stranger.
    His name was Dale. He and his wife moved here from California after he retired. Such a gentle spirit.
    We chatted about Jesus. Of course. And the times. And the false teachers and doctrines that filled the shelves.

And then we moved on.
    As I left, I realized I should have invited him here. I pray I have an opportunity to do just that.
    It's not at all often that I meet someone so in love with the Lord that they will talk so openly about their Savior.
    You have given me an idea Julie.

Business cards are very inexpensive.

They would be very handy to hand out with the web address of FOT on them to give to people we meet.

Further they come in boxes of 500 or 1000. If someone would order some, they could then mail a number of them to those of us that are active on FOT to hand out. It would seem that a small number would be enough for most people.

Someone could design a card and post it here for comments or approval.

Then another could order them and send them out.

Some one else may feel that the Lord would have them pay for them.

We will see if The Lord will inspire anyone to do this.

Lou

Comment

And then we moved on.
      Wonderful testimony, Jules. Maybe the Lord will draw them across your path again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
        You have given me an idea Julie.

Business cards are very inexpensive.

They would be very handy to hand out with the web address of FOT on them to give to people we meet.

Further they come in boxes of 500 or 1000. If someone would order some, they could then mail a number of them to those of us that are active on FOT to hand out. It would seem that a small number would be enough for most people.

Someone could design a card and post it here for comments or approval.

Then another could order them and send them out.

Some one else may feel that the Lord would have them pay for them.

We will see if The Lord will inspire anyone to do this.

Lou
        Pretty good idea, Lou. I nominate Jules to design the card. She could use her exceptional computer skills and that clever wit. Now would be a good time to ask her since she feels bad about fumbling the ball. (Just kidding Jules ;)).

I would be willing to help pay for them.

Blane

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
          Pretty good idea, Lou. I nominate Jules to design the card. She could use her exceptional computer skills and that clever wit. Now would be a good time to ask her since she feels bad about fumbling the ball. (Just kidding Jules ;)).

Blane
          You are funny, brother.

I am poor in artistic creativity when it comes to presentation. I would be willing to contribute time, skills, and funding--whatever fills the gap.

Julie, thanks for sharing your joy with us. I wonder if that man is now thinking the same thing you are...

Comment

Blane
            hey Hey HEY!
            Don't be throwin' me under the bus here, buster. I'm a former IT kinda gal with the creative talents of a rock.
            You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
            - Paul Washer
            Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
            - Lou Newton

Comment

hey Hey HEY!
              Don't be throwin' me under the bus here, buster. I'm a former IT kinda gal with the creative talents of a rock.
              Sorry for throwing you under the bus, Jules. Guilty as charged. Please don't take it personal. I'm just way behind on my quota for razzin' you. Besides, you'll forever hold the upper hand in our age old duel. Big time. Remember how you used to heap it on me without mercy, back in the day? And you used to flatter me with lofty titles like "Sir 1611."

Now I'm just "Buster?" :rolleyes:

Blane

Comment

hey Hey HEY!
                I'm thinking if you slap that squirrel on a card you can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                  I'm thinking if you slap that squirrel on a card you can't go wrong.
                  Sure, that might draw a few animal lovers in. But Lou's idea is way bigger than that. Maybe if we feature Jules awesome squirrel photo AND a catchy phrase? Something like...

"Trapped in a church with squirrely doctrine? Surrounded by religious nuts? Sick of the religious rat race? Visit Fortress of Truth today!"

Blane

Comment

Sure, that might draw a few animal lovers in. But Lou's idea is way bigger than that. Maybe if we feature Jules awesome squirrel photo AND a catchy phrase? Something like...

"Trapped in a church with squirrely doctrine? Surrounded by religious nuts? Sick of the religious rat race? Visit Fortress of Truth today!"

Blane
                    I hope you guys are all aware that there are thousands of comedians out of work as we speak.

Comment

I hope you guys are all aware that there are thousands of comedians out of work as we speak.
                      Ah, my budding aspirations. The truth really does hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                        Ah, my budding aspirations. The truth really does hurt.
                        I was only joking as you already know. You guys are as funny as any of the guys on TV.

Lou
                        Last edited by Lou Newton; December 20, 2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I was only joking as you already know. You guys are a funny as any of the guys on TV.

Lou
                          Yes. It was all in good spirit. =) I am glad I can have fun with you all.

Comment

I was only joking as you already know. You guys are a funny as any of the guys on TV.

Lou
                            Yes but keep your day job.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                              Yes but keep your day job.
                              This may go down in history as the first time the stage performers threw rotten tomatoes at the audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X