Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An email I recieved

Hi Lou,
    I keep hearing that pot isn't harmful to you like cigarettes are and that it should be legal. I think that's b---s---. Where would I look for the truth and what do you think?
    Hi Tom,

I taught high school for 7 years and I observed really good students who had high character and were considerate human beings start to smoke pot and they turned into poor students, with low character and were total jerks in a very short period of time. I seen this take place more times than I could count. I never once observed it working the other way around. I have never seen one person improve their life with pot.

Breathing anything except clean air is harmful to the lungs. To say that smoke is not harmful it just plain stupidity or ignorance. Many people die every day from inhaling too much smoke.

Why would a sane human being want to alter of dull their mind. Sleep is nice when we are tired, but I do not want to sleep my life away. What is the point of life if I sleep it away. The same way one can say what is the point of life if I alter my mind much of the time.

If I spend my time doing things that give me no profit I will end up very poor indeed. No man gets rich in money while wasting his time at things that bring him no profit. No man gets rich in spirit while wasting his time doing things that bring him no spiritual riches.

It has been proven that people high on pot make very poor decisions that they later REGRET greatly when they are not high. Some people want to numb their mind because they are so unhappy with their life. But instead of sleeping it away, or wasting it away being high on alcohol, drugs, or pot; why not change their life and make it better so they can feel fulfilled.

I am 71 and have never been an alcoholic, or even used drugs, or pot. In fact I find that I am happier if I do not drink alcohol at all. But may have one or two beers a year. I can still sprint, run 5 miles three times a week, can bench press my own weight, can put my feet on bar waist high and do 25 push-ups, can do a set of ten squats with 600# bands, etc. This gives me satisfaction and a deep feeling of thankfulness. I would not have this if I smoked, drank or used drugs.

I have found that being thankful is the very key to being happy and fulfilled in life. I have also learned that REGRET is the worst feeling in life. So I have chosen ( by the grace of The Lord Jesus) to pursue things that cause me to be thankful and grateful. I have also learned that all wisdom comes from The Lord Jesus and to seek Him gives me wisdom and thanksgiving.

I also have chosen by that same grace, to avoid things that make me feel REGRET. I always had regret the next day after I got drunk. So I decided to stop doing that totally. I was also able to see that smoking or using drugs would have the same result as getting drunk so I never did either.

Many things can bring regret, so I avoid anything that brings me that. Sin always brings regret sooner or later. The later the regret comes from sin, the greater that regret is. When you delay the regret it comes back with interest so to speak. Sometimes the regret bill is so big that people feel that they can never pay it and even put an end to their life. I could never pay my regret bill, but I found that Jesus paid it in full.

I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving right now a I write this and remembering all the tings Jesus has done for me.

Thankfulness is just the opposite. The more I give thanks the more I feel thankful and fulfilled. It is like giving thanks to The Lord Jesus for all he has done for me, is the Engine that pulls the train. Feeling thankful ( which is the very best feeling any human can feel) is like the caboose that that engine pulls. If you give thanks to The Lord, he will make you feel thankful.

I find that reading The Holy Scriptures are a much more profitable way to spend my time than smoking pot. Pot causes a person to act like a jerk and when they finally come to be aware of this, they will be filled with REGRET.

While reading the Holy Scriptures I learn more and more about Jesus. There is no one like Him and he is faithful and true and never lies to me. He has fulfilled my life and given me everything I really desired in the very deepest part of my spirit. He has proven to me that He truly loves me and even needs me. Jesus has important things for me to do. He makes me feel needed and special. Jesus has healed my sicknesses and even broken bones, he has always provided for me and my family, He provides for my every need. Truly the person who possesses Jesus has everything there is to possess and lacks not one thing.

Before I gave my life to Jesus, I felt empty and could not find anything that made me feel fulfilled. I had months worth of paychecks in my wallet that I did not have time to cash. I had a new cars and motorcycles and even a wife that said she loved me; and even lovely children. But I still felt empty.

The very heart of our being, down deep in our spirit, we have a empty space that only the Holy Spirit of The Lord Jesus can fill. Trying to fill that emptiness with anything else will only bring more and more REGRET, until we can not stand the regret.

But I have come to see ( by grace) that The Lord Jesus paid all of my bills for my sins with His precious blood. This has made me feel so thankful that he has literally taken my regrets and filled me with thanksgiving instead.

Lou Newton

Amen, Lou! Some incredible words of wisdom there. Thank you for sharing that email.

I zoomed in on this part the most:
    I have found that being thankful is the very key to being happy and fulfilled in life. I have also learned that REGRET is the worst feeling in life. So I have chosen ( by the grace of The Lord Jesus) to pursue things that cause me to be thankful and grateful. I have also learned that all wisdom comes from The Lord Jesus and to seek Him gives me wisdom and thanksgiving.
    If I could, I would throw bitterness into that pot with regret (at least for me). It is sooo hard...no, IMPOSSIBLE...to be thankful when your heart is full of bitterness. Maybe they are two sides of the same coin.
    You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
    - Paul Washer
    Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
    - Lou Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
      Amen, Lou! Some incredible words of wisdom there. Thank you for sharing that email.

I zoomed in on this part the most:

If I could, I would throw bitterness into that pot with regret (at least for me). It is sooo hard...no, IMPOSSIBLE...to be thankful when your heart is full of bitterness. Maybe they are two sides of the same coin.
      Thanks so much for the reply Julie.

Yes bitterness is not only a bad path, but it leads to regret eventually.

Some people embrace bitterness as some would a friend. But eventually everyone who embraces bitterness will regret that they did. And that regret will be impossible to bear, for they will have to bear it for all eternity.

They certainly are a bad pair to walk with.

Comment

Working...
      X