I have been blessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been blessed

I have been blessed by the relationship I have with Lou Newton.
    I have only known Lou for about 6 years but it has been a blessed time knowing him.
    I have learned so many important things from Lou by the Lord using Lou to teach me.
    I believe Lou is a prophet and speaks the Lords words many times.
    When I was sick, Lou prayed for me and I was comforted by those prayers and the hope I received as a result of my relationship with Lou. God has used Lou to teach me and correct me.
    I am thankful that Lou finally has his own forum. Now the enemy can no longer use people to hurt Lou and try to undermine his hard work in sharing the message with us all.
    I look forward to all the wonderful revelation we shall all receive while we are here.
    Thanks Lou for finally starting this forum.
    Blessings to all here. ..... Steve Hollander

Hi Steve,

I can only reply the truth that Paul wrote:

2 Corinthians 4
    Treasures in Jars of Clay

1 Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
    2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
    3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
    4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
    5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
    6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
    7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
    8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;
    9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
    10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
    11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.
    12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

So I am nothing but the clay jar that The Lord Jesus has deposited His Holy Spirit in. He uses the foolish things of this world to speak through, so everyone that hears would know that the wisdom being spoke is NOT from the mere clay jar, but from Him. For no one could even think that the wisdom being spoke could come from such a foolish clay jar. Everyone that hears while seeking The Lord Jesus, and is not seeking to justify their beliefs, will be able to see that The Lord Jesus is the source of all truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
      Hi Steve,

I can only reply the truth that Paul wrote:

2 Corinthians 4
      Treasures in Jars of Clay

1 Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
      2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
      3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
      4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
      5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
      6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
      7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
      8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;
      9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
      10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
      11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.
      12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

So I am nothing but the clay jar that The Lord Jesus has deposited His Holy Spirit in. He uses the foolish things of this world to speak through, so everyone that hears would know that the wisdom being spoke is NOT from the mere clay jar, but from Him. For no one could even think that the wisdom being spoke could come from such a foolish clay jar. Everyone that hears while seeking The Lord Jesus, and is not seeking to justify their beliefs, will be able to see that The Lord Jesus is the source of all truth.
      Yes brother and you are humble as you I never witness you taking any glory for yourself.
      But I can say that as a jar of clay, you have been the vessel that holds the water that has refreshed my soul and added to my knowledge of the truth.

Jars of clay are fragile and break easily, but when filled with water and especially on a hot day; those fragile jars of clay become life saving.

Bless you brother Lou. You certainly know how I feel about you. My friend, my mentor , my brother whom I love with all my heart. ..... Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
        I have been blessed by the relationship I have with Lou Newton.
        I have only known Lou for about 6 years but it has been a blessed time knowing him.
        I have learned so many important things from Lou by the Lord using Lou to teach me.
        I believe Lou is a prophet and speaks the Lords words many times.
        When I was sick, Lou prayed for me and I was comforted by those prayers and the hope I received as a result of my relationship with Lou. God has used Lou to teach me and correct me.
        I am thankful that Lou finally has his own forum. Now the enemy can no longer use people to hurt Lou and try to undermine his hard work in sharing the message with us all.
        I look forward to all the wonderful revelation we shall all receive while we are here.
        Thanks Lou for finally starting this forum.
        Blessings to all here. ..... Steve Hollander
        Thank you, Steve, for posting many of the sentiments which I now see that I share with you.

I look forward to more sharing, with everyone, on the next leg of this sojourn.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post

Thank you, Steve, for posting many of the sentiments which I now see that I share with you.

I look forward to more sharing, with everyone, on the next leg of this sojourn.

Hey Barry, do sojourns have two legs or four ? Are thier legs long, or short. I have never seen a sojourn so I do not know. Oh, maybe a sojourn is an little creature with many legs, like a centipede.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

Hey Barry, do sojourns have two legs or four ? Are thier legs long, or short. I have never seen a sojourn so I do not know. Oh, maybe a sojourn is an little creature with many legs, like a centipede.
            Those are good questions, Lou. Here's what I know. A sojourn has a beginning and an end. It usually has a next leg and a previous one, but not always. Long legs, short legs. You never know what you're gonna get, which may be why when you buy a dozen the baker throws in an extra one.

Comment

So I started this thread about how blessed I am.
              Today I was saved by the Lord from a certain serious assault from a nest of Bald Faced Hornets.
              These are very large black and white wasps/hornets and I was trimming a Japanese Maple and all of a sudden they started coming out of nowhere. I was surrounded by them and they were like huge flying moths flying slow and loud. I ran. I didn't get stung by one of them. I should have been destroyed. I was using a loud hedge trimmer that is gas fired and two stroke. I was wailing on it when I hit that tree and I hit it hard to cut the branches.
              So I went back and it took 5 cans of spray to destroy the nest. And they were still coming out after that but dropping. Many of them still survived as they went right through the foaming wasp killer spray and didn't die right away.
              This nest is 14" around and almost 2 foot long. A huge watermellon is all I could describe it as. Praise God for protecting me and not letting those miserable things sting me. It would take me a month to get over a sting from one of those. And I swell up like a balloon. I may even need the emergency room if I get stung and definitely if by more than one.
              I am amazed how the Lord decided to protect me from this one. I certainly was careless and should have looked for them prior to trimming.
              Glory to God I know who saved my backside today. Thank you Jesus.

Comment

So I started this thread about how blessed I am.
                Today I was saved by the Lord from a certain serious assault from a nest of Bald Faced Hornets.
                These are very large black and white wasps/hornets and I was trimming a Japanese Maple and all of a sudden they started coming out of nowhere. I was surrounded by them and they were like huge flying moths flying slow and loud. I ran. I didn't get stung by one of them. I should have been destroyed. I was using a loud hedge trimmer that is gas fired and two stroke. I was wailing on it when I hit that tree and I hit it hard to cut the branches.
                So I went back and it took 5 cans of spray to destroy the nest. And they were still coming out after that but dropping. Many of them still survived as they went right through the foaming wasp killer spray and didn't die right away.
                This nest is 14" around and almost 2 foot long. A huge watermellon is all I could describe it as. Praise God for protecting me and not letting those miserable things sting me. It would take me a month to get over a sting from one of those. And I swell up like a balloon. I may even need the emergency room if I get stung and definitely if by more than one.
                I am amazed how the Lord decided to protect me from this one. I certainly was careless and should have looked for them prior to trimming.
                Glory to God I know who saved my backside today. Thank you Jesus.

Well Steve you have certainly seen a miracle today. What do you think the chances are of that taking place by chance.

Not even ONE stung you. Not One.

!4 x 24 - how many hornets do you think were in there ?

Praise His Holy name.

Comment

Wow, Steve. Angry hornets are formidable. God is good. I'm thankful you weren't injured. What a friend we have in Jesus.

Comment

I would have to guess that there were at least 500 hornets in that nest. I am going to try to post a photo of the nest today. I think it's dead by now. 30 bucks worth of bee spray later. I'm just amazed that I didn't get stung. The God of mercy.

Comment

I would have to guess that there were at least 500 hornets in that nest. I am going to try to post a photo of the nest today. I think it's dead by now. 30 bucks worth of bee spray later. I'm just amazed that I didn't get stung. The God of mercy.

Amen to that Steve. Look forward to the photo.

I once drilled into a bumble bee nest that was 2 foot in diameter. I was on a ladder at the third story level. I did not know I had drilled into it for it was hidden in the attic of that house behind the wall I was drilling into. My first thought was that someone had hit my arm with a hammer, the bee stung me that hard. I looked at my arm and seen the very large bee that was yellow with black stripes. I reacted very fast and slid down the ladder by putting my boots and my gloves on the outside of the ladder rails and sliding down instead of using the rungs. That saved me from getting stung many times. I looked up and there was a swarm of those bees around where I had been standing on the ladder.

Being stung by the one had almost knocked me off of the ladder. I was on the third floor. If I had been stung by that swarm I am sure I would have fallen off of the ladder.

Sometimes The Lord saves us by causing us to react super fast and in ways we would not have done without his help. I do not remember ever going down a ladder that way before or since. It was enough slower than falling that I did not get hurt.

Comment

Comment

A second view of the hornets nest. This photo does not really capture the entirety of the nest but you get the idea.

Comment

Awesome. The Lord chased giants away with these things.

Comment

Thanks for the photos Steve. Very large nest ! Barry's comment tells it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X