You do the possible and Jesus will then do the impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do the possible and Jesus will then do the impossible

I live in a six unit apartment. The landlord leased the first floor apartment on my side to a very heavy smoker. The smoke was coming up through the place in the walls that the pipes went from floor to floor. I could not stand the smell and the smoke was also causing my blood pressure to go up. I prayed about it and nothing happened. I thought I would have to move. But I have lived here 12 years and so the rent is more affordable that other places.

So I finally bought some of that foam in a can to seal leaks. I filled the place where the pipes came up and it helped but did not stop the smoke entirely.

The man who leased the apartment still had six months left on his lease. But one day I came home and he was gone. He had moved out without notice and was gone. The next day a woman started moving in. Usually an empty apartment will sit empty all winter until spring. But the place was already rented. I talked to the woman and she did not smoke.

I was reminded of a truth that I learned long ago, but seem to forget and need reminded.

If we do what is possible, The Lord will take care of the impossible.

Nothing happened until i did what I could to stop the smoke from entering my place. But as soon as I did the possible, The Lord did what I could not do.

I could seal the pipes, but I could not cause the man to move especially when the lease was not up. And I could not cause a non smoker to rent the apartment so quickly.

Someone may question if this truth is in the scriptures. It is, in many places:

Matthew 11
    28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

If we give Him our heavy burden, He will give us a light burden. We carry the possible, He carries the burden that is impossible for us to carry. We first have to do the possible, that is give our heavy burden to Him. Then Jesus takes our heavy burden and gives us a very light burden.

1 John 1
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

We can not get forgiveness for our sins with any of our efforts. That is impossible. But we can confess our sins to Him. If we do the possible ( confess our sin), then Jesus does the impossible and forgives us and cleanses us of our sin.

Are you in an impossible situation. Do whatever you can do about it; do the possible.

Jesus will do the impossible after you do what you are able to do.

I had an uncle who was the town drunk. He would get falling down drunk every night. Some of the youth would go downtown to watch him fall as he left the bar at closing time.

He lost job after job and was desperate. He got so desperate that he gave his life to Christ. Then my uncle did the possible he decided with much firmness to stop drinking. But he could not stop the desire to drink. So he again did the possible; he prayed and begged Jesus to take away his desire to drink.

Jesus then did what my uncle was not able to do. Jesus took away his desire to drink by making him deathly sick as soon as he started to drink. My uncle did not have to get deathly sick many times until he did not desire the alcohol any more.

After being sober for quite a while and holding down a job as a janitor, he fell off of the wagon and got drunk. He felt so bad that he thought that he could never be forgiven for getting drunk after Jesus had done so much for him. My dad had to visit him and console him. He had to show him that Jesus could forgive him if he confessed his sin.

You see this time it was different. The Lord did not have to make him physically sick, for my uncle had true sorrow over his sin. My uncle did the possible, that is sorrow over his sin and confess his sin, and Jesus did the impossible and forgave him and purified him of his sin.

My uncle never drank again to my knowledge. He did die earlier than many because of his past heavy drinking and smoking. But he died a sober and forgiven man.

Very few are so blessed.

Last edited by Lou Newton; February 24, 2016, 05:50 PM.
Working...
X