I was almost in two very serious auto accidents in 12 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was almost in two very serious auto accidents in 12 hours

I took my son Brant to the Pittsburgh airport Monday afternoon. On my way back I stopped at a sporting good's store that is on the way home. A customer there told me about a new gun store that had almost unbelievable low prices on ammo. I thought I could stop on the way home.

I turned off on the road that he told me and followed his directions. I ended up going down this long steep curvy downhill and the road was very narrow. There was a small sign that read the road would be closed in a few days and I thought little about it. Suddenly I came to an even steeper hill and looked to my right and was surprised to see the bottom of the gorge was so far down. The guardrail was close and then you could see nothing but the bottom of the gorge hundreds of feet down. It was raining and close to getting dark.

I came around a sharp curve and suddenly the road was just gone. I had to slam on the brakes and barely avoided going into the gorge where the road had fallen into it. It was difficult to stop because of the steep downhill and slippery wet road. I got stopped very close to the little temporary concrete barrier they had put across the road. I came very close to pushing that barrier into the gorge with my car right after it. That little barrier was right at the place where the road was gone. It should have been put further back from where the road had fallen away.

If I did not still have fast reflexes and had not been looking around the curve as far as I could, I would have been over the cliff. Without a miracle there would have been no chance of surviving that drop.

I felt The Lord had protected me by having me being very focused on my driving at that instance and also looking exactly where I needed to be looking. The slightest instance of looking the wrong way would have been a disaster.

Just 12 hours later I was driving to my jump stretch group and was on a 4 land highway with a center left turn lane. Suddenly this old very large Buick that was in the opposite lanes headed right for my car. It was as if the driver had suddenly decided to hit my car door on purpose.

I usually know where other cars are around me by checking my mirrors often. I was in the left lane and knew I could swerve into the right lane. I jerked hard on the steering wheel and floored the gas. I was looking at this Buick at the same time. I thought I might be able to keep it from hitting my door and hit my rear fender instead.

I waited for the crash, but it never came. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the Buick go over the curb behind me and glance off of something and swerve back into my lane behind me and hit the semi right behind me.

If I had not been looking in the direction that the Buick came from at that instant there is no way I could have avoided it hitting my door. I had my seat belt on which would have trapped me against the door to be crushed. I was a mechanical designer and I am totally convinced that I would have been very seriously injured if that Buick had hit my car door. In fact I have an old friend that has a difficult time walking after many operations by being hit in his door by another car.

I feel The Lord Jesus had mercy and grace upon me and protected me in these two circumstances. I can not count the number of times He has saved my life.

Thank you Lord Jesus for the way you protect your servants.

Matthew 6 Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
    26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
    27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
    28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
    29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
    30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
    31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
    32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
    33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
    34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; April 13, 2016, 06:07 PM.

Wow, those were some close calls. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for guarding our brother Lou!

Comment

Glad you are okay.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

As the 23rd Psalm says, "Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of mine enemies."

The enemy wants every true believer dead...yesterday. But the enemy can't touch a single hair on our heads except God first allows it.

Even when God does allow sudden or unexplainable hardship, Jesus is always there to walk through it with us.

Thanks for sharing, Lou.

Blane

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
            As the 23rd Psalm says, "Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of mine enemies."

The enemy wants every true believer dead...yesterday. But the enemy can't touch a single hair on our heads except God first allows it.

Even when God does allow sudden or unexplainable hardship, Jesus is always there to walk through it with us.

Thanks for sharing, Lou.

Blane

Thanks Blane. It sure is good to hear from you. That makes the near accidents worth it, if that means we hear from you.

Amen, there is no doubt that The Lord was watching over me. I felt His presence during the events.

Lou

Comment

Working...
            X