The Creator of the universe bothered to lead me in my work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Creator of the universe bothered to lead me in my work today

You may be wondering where I have been. A local farmer called me last week and asked me if I could help him. All of his trucks and his combine needed repairs and he needed them soon to harvest. He was behind in his repairs and was very concerned.

So we did maintenance and repairs on the combine ( which is a $330,000 machine ) and this took about a week. The combine has two heads and we also repaired them.

So today I started to tear the top of the large six cylinder turbo diesel apart to make repairs. We were were getting a lot of sludge out of it when we drain the oil. Well I was having trouble taking the top apart and finally got discouraged and started on the bottom end so I could get something done for the day.

I had a very difficult time taking the oil pan off. It had been on for 15 years and just would not come off. So I went to the Home Depot and got a red oak banister round support. I cut off the square bottom and top and used the rod dowel like rod to stick up the oil pan drain to pry the oil pan off while the owner hit the oil pan with a plastic hammer. It finally came off.

Neither of us could hardly believe our eyes when we looked into the oil pan and then up into the crankcase. It was clean as a whistle with absolutely no sludge. By the sludge we got out of the pan when we drained the oil we expected in to be full of sludge.

So The Lord saved us a huge amount of work, by making the job of tear apart the top end, to get me to take off the oil pan and see the top end did not need tearing apart.

The Lord has a universe to run and billions of people to care for. BUT He had the time to lead me today in this job to save a lot of grief.

The farmer had been stressed out that the combine repairs just kept growing. We would repair one thing only to find two more things that needed repaired.

But when we finally got done with it, and tried to harvest his soy beans, they were not ready yet. So he has to wait another week to even start harvesting them. We were stressing about something that did not even exist. We were worried that we would be late harvesting the soybeans, and the whole time we were early.

I have been walking with the Lord Jesus for over 40 years and yet I still do not listen well in some situations.

There is a passage in the Bible that says even if a man walks in darkness without a single ray of light, The Lord can guide his steps.

In Pilgrims Progress there is part where Christian is walking down a very narrow road with cliffs and other dangers on both sides. He feared and wanted to stop but he could hear a beast of some kind following close behind. It got pitch black in darkness that night and he was very afraid he would fall off of the road and be killed, but he could not stop because of the beast close behind. He prayed with every step that he would not fall off of a cliff. But kept taking step after step.

When the sun finally rose he looked back and seen there was NO ROAD at all. He had been walking on the top of fence posts all night and did not miss even one with step after step.

Though a man walk in total darkness without one single ray of light, The Lord can guide his steps

Certainly The Lord can guide our steps if we are trusting in Him even if we know nothing of where we are going.

The Lord can use some thing that we think is a danger or trouble to get us to go the way to salvation.

Lou wrote:
    "The Lord can use some thing that we think is a danger or trouble to get us to go the way to salvation."

Amen Lou. The Lord has used many hard circumstances to guide me to salvation on His path. I usually resist and forget to completely rely on Him. As soon as I remember and reset my mind onto Him, that's when my deliverance comes.

Comment

Amen. Through the darkness, through the fire, through the valley of the shadow of death. Praise the Lord. Thank you, Lou, for taking the time to write about your week with Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
        Lou wrote:
        "The Lord can use some thing that we think is a danger or trouble to get us to go the way to salvation."

Amen Lou. The Lord has used many hard circumstances to guide me to salvation on His path. I usually resist and forget to completely rely on Him. As soon as I remember and reset my mind onto Him, that's when my deliverance comes.
        Baruch wrote: Amen. Through the darkness, through the fire, through the valley of the shadow of death. Praise the Lord. Thank you, Lou, for taking the time to write about your week with Jesus.
        Thanks for taking the time to reply Steve and Barry.

Comment

Working...
        X