The Lord told me today why my eyesight is better at 73 than when young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lord told me today why my eyesight is better at 73 than when young

Today I was running up this very long rocky hill in Mill Creek Park. I had run that trail thousands of times before. But when I was running along the top of a 50 foot cliff, near the edge, somehow I stumbled over a rock that I somehow missed seeing. I caught myself and did not go headfirst off of the cliff. But it was very close. I know every rock on that trail and do not know how I missed that rock. But this verse that Steve's wife sent me yesterday came to mind right away:

Isaiah 46: 4 I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and be your Savior.

I started thanking The Lord for helping me not go over the cliff. I kept thanking Him and asking Him to help me see the rocks and help me keep from stumbling.

It was at that point that The Lord reminded me that most men my age (73) can not see as well as I do , do not have as quick of feet as He gave me, and do not have as quick of reactions as He gave me. I thanked Him for these gifts from Him that I did NOTHING to deserve.

As a result of a fractured scull from an auto accident ( I took the steering column off of the dash with my face) I was very nearsighted ( like 350 -20). The eye doctors told me that it would get worse with age and it did. BUT about 10 -15 years ago my eyesight started getting better, instead of worse.

The eye doctor was baffled and insisted I had diabetes. He said that is the only way my eyesight could do that. But I bought a test kit and checked my sugar many times during the day and night and it was always normal.

The last time I took the eye test to renew my drivers license I passed the test WITHOUT my glasses. That is the first time I was able to do that in many decades. I thanked The Lord for healing my eyesight many times since it has been improving, BUT never asked Him why He did this.

Today after I almost stumbled over the cliff, as I was thanking Him, He spoke this to me:

Don't you know why I healed your eye sight? - No Lord I do not. - I healed your eyesight as a sign to you, and others, that I have made you a seer and you see far better now, when you are old, than you did when you were young.

I was deeply touched, and I am deeply touched now as I write this. We miss so much of what The Lord says and does. It goes on without us even noticing it.

I spent the rest of the day in deep gratitude right up to this hour.

Romans 11

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out!
    34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has been his counselor?”
    35 “Who has ever given to God,
    that God should repay them?”
    36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Amen and amen.

Lou Newton

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Today I was running up this very long rocky hill in Mill Creek Park. I had run that trail thousands of times before. But when I was running along the top of a 50 foot cliff, near the edge, somehow I stumbled over a rock that I somehow missed seeing. I caught myself and did not go headfirst off of the cliff. But it was very close. I know every rock on that trail and do not know how I missed that rock. But this verse that Steve's wife sent me yesterday came to mind right away:

Isaiah 46: 4 I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and be your Savior.

I started thanking The Lord for helping me not go over the cliff. I kept thanking Him and asking Him to help me see the rocks and help me keep from stumbling.

It was at that point that The Lord reminded me that most men my age (73) can not see as well as I do , do not have as quick of feet as He gave me, and do not have as quick of reactions as He gave me. I thanked Him for these gifts from Him that I did NOTHING to deserve.

As a result of a fractured scull from an auto accident ( I took the steering column off of the dash with my face) I was very nearsighted ( like 350 -20). The eye doctors told me that it would get worse with age and it did. BUT about 10 -15 years ago my eyesight started getting better, instead of worse.

The eye doctor was baffled and insisted I had diabetes. He said that is the only way my eyesight could do that. But I bought a test kit and checked my sugar many times during the day and night and it was always normal.

The last time I took the eye test to renew my drivers license I passed the test WITHOUT my glasses. That is the first time I was able to do that in many decades. I thanked The Lord for healing my eyesight many times since it has been improving, BUT never asked Him why He did this.

Today after I almost stumbled over the cliff, as I was thanking Him, He spoke this to me:

Don't you know why I healed your eye sight? - No Lord I do not. - I healed your eyesight as a sign to you, and others, that I have made you a seer and you see far better now, when you are old, than you did when you were young.

I was deeply touched, and I am deeply touched now as I write this. We miss so much of what The Lord says and does. It goes on without us even noticing it.

I spent the rest of the day in deep gratitude right up to this hour.

Romans 11

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out!
    34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has been his counselor?”
    35 “Who has ever given to God,
    that God should repay them?”
    36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Amen and amen.

Lou Newton
    Amen as well.

Comment

That's a great testimony, Lou.

Comment

Originally posted by The Knight View Post
        That's a great testimony, Lou.
        Thanks for the reply Karl.

Comment

Working...