X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Lord doing in your life?

What is the Lord doing in your life?

What is Lord doing in your life?

This question is designed to bring up the topic of knowing God.
    There is a difference between knowledge about God and having an acquaintance or relationship with God. Both are essential.

Knowledge About God

For a Christian knowledge about God should be obtained from what is revealed in the Bible about Him. However, people have many sources for what they consider knowledge about God. Even the atheist knows some things about what he claims not to exist. After all, it is feasible to have knowledge about a fictitious character in a movie or novel.

Most people probably believe some thing about God which is not revealed in the Bible. Our culture provides many opportunities to see a God that is different from the biblical one. Most un-thoughtful believers would say God can do anything because He is Omnipotent. Believers must have an accurate knowledge of what God is and what He expects if their worship is to be of the actual God rather than some idea of God. Becoming a committed Bible student in junction with an association with a tempering congregation is a responsibility of being redeemed.

Acquainted With God

Acquaintance with God is the aspect about what God is doing in your life. To claim to be saved and not have God affecting your life would be a spiritual contradiction. Believers may be in a cooperative fellowship with God or in an antagonistic relationship if they are disobedient in either actions or thoughts.

Every redeemed person hears from God everyday . . . . – everyday! Recognizing His voice is another matter. Anyone who cannot recognize a daily contact should be very concerned.

Bless the Prophet Jonah for running form the command of the Lord. His was in an antagonistic relationship but . . . we all know the rest of the story. The Book of Jonah applies to the redeemed who attempt to disobey or just not listen. Any giant fish in your life? There was a time I would tell you those giant fish received wheels to pursue me on dry land. I called them whales on wheels. Once swallowed, you can never be the same!

PS - Noticed that on the FORUM page under the TOPIC TESTIFY the title reads "What has Jesus done in your life?" Every believer has this story and should have stories of past events. The question presented in this topic is about the present tense or the here and now. If there is not a here and now there never was a past tense salvation event.
    Last edited by glen smith; November 16, 2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

What is Lord doing in your life?
      So, nothing in the last month?

Comment

The Lord is working in my life to help me recognize the areas of my life that need improvement. I am aware of much of it, but He shows me the things I normally skip over. I am typing on my phone but I will return to elaborate later when I can use my desktop. Blessings

Comment

He is teaching me to give more and have less.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
            He is teaching me to give more and have less.
            Funny, it seems he is teaching me to give more, but He has been blessing me with some prosperity currently over the past 6 months. Prior to that I was suffering greatly with no work and the consideration to close down and retire, leaving my children to have to fend for themselves without me around to guide and help them. I would have had to leave New Jersey to find a more affordable place to live.
            But like almost overnight in June, I started to get a steady flow or work and it has not stopped. It slowed down a bit but keeps on consistent. I am truly thankful and asking Him what He wants me to do. I need new vehicles and was not sure how to get them but now He has provided a way. I was using an 18 and a 19 year old truck to work out of. My personal vehicle is 15 years old. So I was concerned but not worried. I trusted His deliverance no matter when it happens, and it happened. Thank you Lord Jesus for your kindness and generosity. I am unworthy of anything. ..... Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post

Funny, it seems he is teaching me to give more, but He has been blessing me with some prosperity currently over the past 6 months. Prior to that I was suffering greatly with no work and the consideration to close down and retire, leaving my children to have to fend for themselves without me around to guide and help them. I would have had to leave New Jersey to find a more affordable place to live.
              But like almost overnight in June, I started to get a steady flow or work and it has not stopped. It slowed down a bit but keeps on consistent. I am truly thankful and asking Him what He wants me to do. I need new vehicles and was not sure how to get them but now He has provided a way. I was using an 18 and a 19 year old truck to work out of. My personal vehicle is 15 years old. So I was concerned but not worried. I trusted His deliverance no matter when it happens, and it happened. Thank you Lord Jesus for your kindness and generosity. I am unworthy of anything. ..... Steve
              I suspect that the some time in the future you will understand the down business period taught you something necessary for someone else to hear. If nothing more than gratitude for the recent work, but most likely it was an experience so you may provide testimony to someone in a similar situation. I am struck by your words, “I trusted His deliverance no matter when it happens, and it happened.” Trusting, regardless of the situation is necessary for a relationship with the Lord. Trusting, if it never happens is also necessary.

As said before, dependable vehicles are a necessity for your work. I identify with driving old vehicles. My dear wife really enjoys her bright red 2001 Jeep Cherokee. It is the last of the solid front axel autos. Accordingly, it handles like a tractor. Its shortness allows for maneuverability in our heavy traffic. No rear head rests blocking rear and blind spot views and no black out around widow margins allows excellent side and rear visibility. And for us old people the seats are butt high –- very important! Liability insurance only.

I drive a 1999 Ford Ranger. I bought it new ($11,700) for my son in college, put it in his name and paid the insurance. After college I bought it from him for his trade-in value of $5,000 when he bought an Accord. So, I have paid for the Ranger twice. The Ranger has all the benefits of the Jeep except the solid front axel. I run oversized Wranglers (P235 – 15) which vastly improves the stability. I am afraid the old Ranger is going to last as long as I do; so, my last ride.

The only period when I have not driven old vehicles is when I was ignoring the Lord about stewardship. All my Christian neighbors have two new 50 to 65 thousand dollar vehicles. The Lord would beat me up every day if I spent that kind of money on vehicles and insurance. It would cause great anguish and guilt to spend wantonly while others suffer.

Like I said, “He is teaching me to give more and have less.” My go to plan was to match my needless spending with a matching ministry spending; thereby, attempting to ease my guilt. Does anyone wish to guess what the Lord has to say about my go to plan?

Comment

He is probably not pleased with it. It is a privilege to drive a new vehicle. Most of my career has been spent in old vehicles. I am very blessed to have the Lord help me get a new work truck for 0 down and 0% for 6 years. It was easily entreated and peaceable.
                ​​​​​​However, when attempting to get another one for my personal use, I found it hard to manage answering the questions and decided not to get another one. It means no payment that I don't need and more time waiting on the Lord. Blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                  He is probably not pleased with it. It is a privilege to drive a new vehicle. Most of my career has been spent in old vehicles. I am very blessed to have the Lord help me get a new work truck for 0 down and 0% for 6 years. It was easily entreated and peaceable.
                  ​​​​​​However, when attempting to get another one for my personal use, I found it hard to manage answering the questions and decided not to get another one. It means no payment that I don't need and more time waiting on the Lord. Blessings.
                  I think you made the right decision Steve.

Comment

Discernment and decisions are always specific to where we are in the spiritual journey.
                    It is not inappropriate for children to be a little self centered growing up.
                    Their human duty during the short years of childhood is to prepare themselves for the long period of productivity as an adult.
                    Elders should never expect of children the decisions in every situation which are right for an adult.
                    As believers pass through the different periods of life with changing responsibilities the decisions the Lord grows them into changes.
                    Believers' individual situation is also a factor in what the Lord does in their lives.
                    Some are sent far from home to teach the gospel while others serve a life time in their neighborhood.
                    The right decision today can become the wrong decision for tomorrow.
                    It is called following.

Comment

I agree with both of you. A decision as important as a large purchase should be carefully considered. After researching the available options for me,. I don't feel led to purchase a new vehicle yet. I think I am ready for one, but my 15 year old F250 is pristine, and runs well. I will have to sell it for far less than it's worth. I can't justify keeping it and a new truck. I don't want another payment, so I will wait. Should something change, I will consider it.

Comment

Working...
                      X