How The Lord taught me to be able to forgive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How The Lord taught me to be able to forgive

I know this very nice young lady who was feeling badly and having trouble forgiving someone who had done a terrible thing to her. The Lord gave me this to write to he. I thought it might help others, so I post it here for all to read:
    • Lou Newton - I can not tell you how to forgive. But I can tell you how I forgive everyone, not matter the offense. 1st I deserve to spend eternity in hell for my sin against The Lord Jesus. Considering this what can anyone do to me that I do not truly deserve. The Lord allows persecution to come into my life to teach me. Even Jesus learned obedience by the things He suffered. If Jesus had to suffer, why would I not welcome suffering to learn what it is like to be Him. I learn of the nature of our dear Lord by suffering. When someone persecutes me, I then stop to think, Dear Lord Jesus, is that what is was like for you when you walked the earth. I learn what it was like to be Him. I come to love Him more and also learn that He loves me far more than I knew. This scripture helped me a lot: Romans 8: 28 And we know that ALL that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans. Yes everything that happens to us, Jesus will cause to work for our GOOD. How can you beat that ? This is also true Ro 8:29 For from the very beginning God decided that those who came to him—and all along he knew who would—should become like his Son, so that his Son would be the First, with many brothers. - Think of that, The Lord is working to make you like His Son ,Jesus. That is reason to give Him thanks.
    • Hebrews 5: 7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him 10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
    • Lou Newton
      Lou Newton - Here is another scripture that changed my life. I made index cards with Ro 8:28 & 8:29 on them and also the following scriptures: 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18: 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.- When I first read this I thought no one could do this. How can I be thankful in all circumstances. BUT it does NOT say be thankful, it says GIVE THANKS. No matter how bad I feel I can decide to give thanks to The Lord for loving me and shedding His blood for me. BUT giving thanks is the engine that pulls the caboose of feeling thankful into the station. If I gave thanks, I found that very soon I felt thankful. You can not feel thankful and feel bad. When I felt bad and gave thanks, The Lord would make me feel thankful. When I felt thankful I was CONFORMED TO THE VERY IMAGE OF CHRIST. Jesus was always thankful and when we are thankful we become like Him. So I pray continually which means I try to constantly stay in the pretense of His Holy Spirit. If something takes place that makes me feel bad, like unforgiveness, I simply gives thanks to my Lord for shedding His blood for me. The Lord then makes me thankful and I am back in His presence. You can not be in His presence and fell badly. This causes me to rejoice.
    • Lou Newton
      Lou Newton Halle- I can tell you that The Lord Jesus loves you very much. Think of it, God Almighty, the Creator of everything that exists, came down from heaven to be born of a woman to become one of us. Think of how humble God must be to be the Creator of everything and become one of His creatures, a humble human that can die. He became a Man so that He could shed His blood for our sins and die for us.After all as God He was LIFE and could not die. The Godhood of Jesus has the power of an indestructible LIFE. The Manhood of Jesus shed His blood on the cross and died for us. The Lord decided to become a Man and die for you even before He created the world. He tells us that in The Bible: Ephesians 1: 4 Long ago, even before he made the world, God chose us to be his very own through what Christ would do for us; he decided then to make us holy in his eyes, without a single fault—we who stand before him covered with his love. 5 His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us. And he did this because he wanted to! - You see God wanted you to know that He loves you. So He decided to die for you even before He made the world so you would KNOW that He loves you. More proof that He loves you is this: I am a very sinful man and a selfish man. Yet, The Lord has given me love for you. I do really love you Halle.
Working...
X