Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we taught ourselves to listen to Satan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we taught ourselves to listen to Satan?

A recent devotional I read used a wonderful example to explain how we tune out certain sounds and listen for others. He used the story of an American Indian in New York during rush hour traffic, hearing a cricket. His friend, raised in New York was amazed he heard it. He explained that he lived outdoors all his life and was attuned to the sounds of nature. He then reached in his pocket, pulled out a quarter and dropped it on the sidewalk. New Yorkers all around him looked around. Point made.

This made me began to ponder my thoughts. Have I learned to listen to worry, fear, anger instead of the wonderful joy, peace, love or even instruction from God?

As a Mother, I could hear my child in a crowd. I was attuned to my children's every sound. I whimper could bring me running.

I think I will spend the day trying to change my "mind channel".

Originally posted by TennesseeLinda View Post
    A recent devotional I read used a wonderful example to explain how we tune out certain sounds and listen for others. He used the story of an American Indian in New York during rush hour traffic, hearing a cricket. His friend, raised in New York was amazed he heard it. He explained that he lived outdoors all his life and was attuned to the sounds of nature. He then reached in his pocket, pulled out a quarter and dropped it on the sidewalk. New Yorkers all around him looked around. Point made.

This made me began to ponder my thoughts. Have I learned to listen to worry, fear, anger instead of the wonderful joy, peace, love or even instruction from God?

As a Mother, I could hear my child in a crowd. I was attuned to my children's every sound. I whimper could bring me running.

I think I will spend the day trying to change my "mind channel".
    Wonderful observation Linda. Really wonderful...........................Lou

Comment

Excellent, Linda. I've been experiencing an impulse to change my perspective along the same lines. I am sure these impulses are from the Holy Ghost. The wicked one would not counsel me so.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

But...why??? Because our Lord knows what we truly need.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        Excellent, Linda. I've been experiencing an impulse to change my perspective along the same lines. I am sure these impulses are from the Holy Ghost. The wicked one would not counsel me so.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

But...why??? Because our Lord knows what we truly need.
        Great verse to remember!! I am trying to listen to God's loving voice!

Comment

Working...
        X