Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Persecution That Is Coming To America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RORtTJXlpEw

Not anything incredibly new, but something I felt like sharing. I like a good dose of reality from time to time. This is a good dose in less than 4 minutes of your time.

God bless,

Travis

Originally posted by Travis View Post

Not anything incredibly new, but something I felt like sharing. I like a good dose of reality from time to time. This is a good dose in less than 4 minutes of your time.

God bless,

Travis
    Thanks Travis...........sobering to think about

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post

God bless,

Travis
      Thanks for sharing, Travis. All of Paul's messages on the internet are well worth hearing. A rare and beloved brother whose heart breaks over the condition of the church. God has blessed me greatly through the brokeness of this servant. The grace of God flows through him mightily because he knows he is nothing and Christ is everything.

Blane

Comment

Thanks for commenting Lou and Blane,

Originally posted by Blane View Post
        All of Paul's messages on the internet are well worth hearing. A rare and beloved brother whose heart breaks over the condition of the church. God has blessed me greatly through the brokeness of this servant. The grace of God flows through him mightily because he knows he is nothing and Christ is everything.
        That's one thing I have noticed about Paul, is that he get's really scared when he goes to a conference or something and people start speaking very well of him and praising him, with him (Paul) knowing fully well the message the Lord has given him to preach and how most react to it.
        Luke 16
        14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him. 15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. 16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Travis

Comment

Thank you, Travis. This is a humbling message.

You aptly quoted:

Luke 16
          14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him. 15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. 16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

The phrase I highlighted in red has been rendered differently in some translations, providing a meaning that conveys an aspect that fits well with those verses and Paul Washer's message. Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, who had great personal pride in their station, and erected violent and oppressive obstacles to hinder the Gospel.

Arabic: every one suffers violence to himself for it
          Ethiopic: is oppressed for it

So the sense would be that men (Pharisees) coveted the acknowledgment of the people and esteemed it as justification of their own status; but God covets the oppressed, who acknowledge Him and look to Him for their justification.

I find it interesting to ponder these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post

AMEN Barry I do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
              Thank you, Travis. This is a humbling message.

You aptly quoted:

Luke 16

The phrase I highlighted in red has been rendered differently in some translations, providing a meaning that conveys an aspect that fits well with those verses and Paul Washer's message. Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, who had great personal pride in their station, and erected violent and oppressive obstacles to hinder the Gospel.

Arabic: every one suffers violence to himself for it
              Ethiopic: is oppressed for it

So the sense would be that men (Pharisees) coveted the acknowledgment of the people and esteemed it as justification of their own status; but God covets the oppressed, who acknowledge Him and look to Him for their justification.

Hey Barry,

Good to hear from you, thanks for the response as well.

I'd never heard of those translations of this verse before (Arabic and Ethiopic). That is interesting. All the english translations I've run into seem to state much the same words as the KJV verses above. It's good to hear alternatives.

Grace to you,

Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Travis
                That's one thing I have noticed about Paul, is that he get's really scared when he goes to a conference or something and people start speaking very well of him and praising him, with him (Paul) knowing fully well the message the Lord has given him to preach and how most react to it.
                I heard Paul Washer say something interesting once regarding this. He said he makes a concerted effort to never read anything on the internet that people write about him. His reasoning is that he doesn't want to be even remotely influenced to waiver from the message that God puts on his heart before each sermon.

He doesn't want to read good things that might puff him up with pride. Nor does he want to read cutting rebukes that might discourage him or tempt him to water down God's message.

It's refreshing to hear preachers who fear displeasing God more than they fear the criticisms or rejections of men.

Blane

Comment

It's refreshing to hear preachers who fear displeasing God more than they fear the criticisms or rejections of men.

Blane
                  Amen, Blane. Amen.

Thank you, Travis, for posting this short, powerful warning.
                  You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
                  - Paul Washer
                  Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
                  - Lou Newton

Comment

Working...
                  X