Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pastors have ruined God's vineyard

Here are two scriptures that The Lord led me to today:
    Jeremiah 12:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 Many shepherds will ruin my vineyard
    and trample down my field;
    they will turn my pleasant field
    into a desolate wasteland.

Hosea 9:7

the prophet is considered a fool,
    the inspired person a maniac.

Truly this has come to pass in our nation today

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Here are two scriptures that The Lord led me to today:
    Jeremiah 12:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 Many shepherds will ruin my vineyard
    and trample down my field;
    they will turn my pleasant field
    into a desolate wasteland.

Hosea 9:7

the prophet is considered a fool,
    the inspired person a maniac.

Truly this has come to pass in our nation today
    I did not write these scriptures ,of course, but The Holy Spirit inspired Jeremiah and Hosea to write them.

Does anyone think they are true today for the people who claim to be His ?

What are your thoughts ?

Comment

Yes I believe that its very true today.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
        Yes I believe that its very true today.
        I agree Steve.

One of the main errors is that Pastors take a title, or Evangelists, Prophet, Reverend, etc.

Jesus makes it very clear that they are not to do that:
        Matthew 23New International Version (NIV)

A Warning Against Hypocrisy

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

It seems obvious to me that if we are not to call any man teacher, then we also are not to call any man; Pastor, Evangelist, Reverend, Bishop, or Pope.

But this error is practiced by most churches in the US.

Comment

How about these people that are such glory hounds that they add "most" in front of their titles. Like most reverend so and so? Seems ridiculous and laughable to me. Who is able to designate themselves most revered or some other egotistical title? Nobody is. We're supposed to be called. Called to serve not to be served.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
            How about these people that are such glory hounds that they add "most" in front of their titles. Like most reverend so and so? Seems ridiculous and laughable to me. Who is able to designate themselves most revered or some other egotistical title? Nobody is. We're supposed to be called. Called to serve not to be served.
            Amen Steve. You have mentioned one of my pet peeves, "most reverend".

Reverend - means worthy of reverence - reverence means - 1 : honor or respect felt or shown : deference; especially : profound adoring awed respect. 2 : a gesture of respect (as a bow) 3 : the state of being revered. 4 : one held in reverence —used as a title for a clergyman.

Worship would be another name for reverence.

Only The Lord Jesus is worthy of reverence.
            The Scroll and the Lamb

1 Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.
            2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?”
            3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it.
            4 I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside.
            5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
            6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
            7 He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.
            8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.
            9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
            10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”
            11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.
            12 In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”
            13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”
            14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

Only The Lamb is worthy. ALL honor, glory and praise belong to Him and no other.

WHY - because only He shed His blood for those who trust God to save them.

But some mere men have the gall to call themselves MOST reverend.

That is the same as saying they should be revered more than Jesus.

For MOST simply means that they are to be revered above all others.

Men will be men. Pope, Most Reverend - there is no difference. They are both putting themselves ABOVE Christ.

Comment

Working...
            X