Christianity in American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity in American

My great disappointment in life is with Christianity in American - How little effect Christians have had on America in the past fifty years. The churches have done such an inadequate job of making disciples - growing the people spiritually where there is love for believers. It seems that each group just wants to make everyone else believe what they believe rather than make disciples of the Lord Jesus. Some congregations and Christians just want to make Republicans, talk anti political issues, and claim they know when the Lord Jesus is coming back.

Example of the difference:

Most the missionaries I know are through my brother and the several NPO organization he established. These missionaries went into communist and Islamic countries where Christian missionaries are forbidden. They worked for several different NPOs providing services, both contractual and voluntary services to local people and governments. They were everything from doctors and nurses, programmers, veterinarians, construction contractors, teachers, to well diggers. At least one of the spouses of every missionary couple must have a marketable skill. While in country they were part of the underground church or would help establish fully indigenous underground churches. The life of these believers were at risk because of their faith and clandestine practices. These missionaries experienced believers, along with themselves, who know the cost and risk to be Christian. There have always been martyrs among these underground congregations and of the missionaries and their children. When you visit with these missionaries they are terribly disappointed in the congregations they visit in America because everything from singing and worship to love for other Christians seem a passive activity and the emphasis is on something other than Christ.

My brother is named on the forbidden to enter list of most Moslem countries and is on the kill list of several. The mission institution of the denomination who supported this work canceled the program - mainly because the converts and underground churches were not identified with their denomination and because my brother employed people from different denominations. Such things are why I am so disappointed with "Christianity" in America.

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
    My great disappointment in life is with Christianity in American - How little effect Christians have had on America in the past fifty years. The churches have done such an inadequate job of making disciples - growing the people spiritually where there is love for believers. It seems that each group just wants to make everyone else believe what they believe rather than make disciples of the Lord Jesus. Some congregations and Christians just want to make Republicans, talk anti political issues, and claim they know when the Lord Jesus is coming back.

Example of the difference:

Most the missionaries I know are through my brother and the several NPO organization he established. These missionaries went into communist and Islamic countries where Christian missionaries are forbidden. They worked for several different NPOs providing services, both contractual and voluntary services to local people and governments. They were everything from doctors and nurses, programmers, veterinarians, construction contractors, teachers, to well diggers. At least one of the spouses of every missionary couple must have a marketable skill. While in country they were part of the underground church or would help establish fully indigenous underground churches. The life of these believers were at risk because of their faith and clandestine practices. These missionaries experienced believers, along with themselves, who know the cost and risk to be Christian. There have always been martyrs among these underground congregations and of the missionaries and their children. When you visit with these missionaries they are terribly disappointed in the congregations they visit in America because everything from singing and worship to love for other Christians seem a passive activity and the emphasis is on something other than Christ.

My brother is named on the forbidden to enter list of most Moslem countries and is on the kill list of several. The mission institution of the denomination who supported this work canceled the program - mainly because the converts and underground churches were not identified with their denomination and because my brother employed people from different denominations. Such things are why I am so disappointed with "Christianity" in America.

The Christian church in America is also a great disappointment to me Glen, and many others. The church has sure not brought deliverance to our land.

Isaiah 26
    17 As a pregnant woman about to give birth
    writhes and cries out in her pain,
    so were we in your presence, Lord.
    18 We were with child, we writhed in labor,
    but we gave birth to wind.
    We have not brought salvation to the earth,
    and the people of the world have not come to life.

There is nothing wrong with discussing different interpretations of passages like Genesis 1. But when one breaks fellowship with another over these differences that is wrong. You and me have discussed our differences on this passage for years and we still fellowship with each other.

John 13
    34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Did Jesus love us even when we were in error. He loved us when we were His enemy.

Most in this nation do not know what hardship is. When true hardships come, I do not think many will be able to survive.

Ezekiel 16
    49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

While I fear for this nation, I will pray that The Lord deliver us from evil and I will also pray that The Lord guide the thoughts and actions of Trump and our leaders.

Comment

Working...
    X