Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were at heaven’s gates, and God said “you're not worthy, bye” what would you say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were at heaven’s gates, and God said “you're not worthy, bye” what would you say?

If you were at heaven’s gates, and God said “you're not worthy, bye” what would you say?
    Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

I would say, you are entirely correct Lord, everything I have ever done is sin. Everything I have ever said is sin. Everything I have ever thought is sin. Everything I have ever done falls short of your glory and is sinful. My only hope is your blood that you shed for my sin Lord. I trust in your promise in 1 John 1: 9 “If we confess our sins, you are faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”.

You alone Lord are worthy and no other is worthy Lord. Please forgive my sin Lord, I want to spend eternity with you.

1 view · Answer requested by ............

Right, Lou.

All have sinned and fallen short.

It’s only by grace through faith in Christ that anyone is made worthy for heaven.

The goats in Matt 25 were quick to point to their works, believing in their hearts that they were worthy. Meanwhile, the sheep were granted access and humbly asked God when they did any of the things he was praising them for.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
      Right, Lou.

All have sinned and fallen short.

It’s only by grace through faith in Christ that anyone is made worthy for heaven.

The goats in Matt 25 were quick to point to their works, believing in their hearts that they were worthy. Meanwhile, the sheep were granted access and humbly asked God when they did any of the things he was praising them for.
      Amen and amen Blane. It is so very good to see your post today.

Comment

Working...
      X