Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of I Corinthians 10:13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of I Corinthians 10:13?

What do you think of I Corinthians 10:13? Why is this important for Believers?

Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

1 Cor 10 NIV

“ 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. “

We have to keep in mind that this was written to those who trusted in Jesus, and nothing else, to save them. If we try to overcome the temptation to sin by our strength we will be defeated by it.

But we must also remember that we will not ever have any temptation that much of mankind has not wrestled with. The Lord is faithful ( but we are not) and if we trust in Jesus to deliver us from this temptation He will deliver us. Jesus will not leave us be tempted beyond what we can bear, that is His promise and we can depend on that promise.

Instead if we confess our weakness ,to this temptation, Jesus will purify us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1 NIV

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

So if we confess our sin to Jesus ( that is why we are tempted by it) he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

When we confess our sin ; he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Jesus is the Savior, we are the saved.

Answer requested by John ................
Working...
X