No announcement yet.

What is the meaning of James 2: 20-24 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the meaning of James 2: 20-24 ?

What do you think of James 2:20-24? What are some examples of this?

Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

James 2 NIV

“ 20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone. “

We are saved by one thing and only one thing and that is trusting in Jesus ( and nothing else) to save us. Abraham was saved by trusting in God to save him.

Colossians 1 TLB

“ 20 It was through what his Son did that God cleared a path for everything to come to him—all things in heaven and on earth—for Christ’s death on the cross has made peace with God for all by his blood.

21 This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies and hated him and were separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions, yet now he has brought you back as his friends.

22 He has done this through the death on the cross of his own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are standing there before him with nothing left against you—nothing left that he could even chide you for;

23 the only condition is that you fully believe the Truth, standing in it steadfast and firm, strong in the Lord, convinced of the Good News that Jesus died for you, and never shifting from trusting him to save you. “

But if we trust Jesus to save us, He will save us, and not without result:

1 Cor 15 NIV

9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.

If we are saved by trusting in Jesus to save us, then there will be a result. We will be different than the world.

If we truly are the children of God, then we will be led by His Holy Spirit:

Romans 8 NIV

14 “ For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. “

Obviously The Holy Spirit is NOT going to lead anyone into sin, but into righteousness.

So if w have faith ( trust in Jesus to save us ) then we will have good works. These works are not really our works, but the works of Jesus in us.

Answer requested by John ................
Working...
X