Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to the Bible, why shouldn’t we give anyone the title of “Father”?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the Bible, why shouldn’t we give anyone the title of “Father”?

According to the Bible, why shouldn’t we give anyone the title of “Father”?

Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

Matthew 23 NIV

“ 8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. “

1st of all, the first commandment that has to do with men, is honor your father. My earthly father gave me natural life and then fed and clothed me and took care of me when I was a child. To call another by the same title would dishonor my real father.

But Jesus goes even further and says call no man on earth Father, for we have one Father who is in heaven. What mere man deserves the same title as our Creator and therefore our Father, NO ONE.

We are to call no man father, teacher, pastor, prophet, apostle, etc. Any man so arrogant and one that also regards the commands of God as nothing certainly does not even deserve to be considered to be our leader of any kind let alone be called father.

Men will make excuses why we should not follow the commands of Christ and follow them instead. But many who disobey the commands of God will make an excuse. The same ones that ask us to call them Father, will condemn others who ignore some other command of God.

Look at the Bible. Elijah calls himself Elijah. The Book of Isaiah - not the book of - Prophet Isaiah. Jesus did not call Himself - Almighty God Jesus - but Jesus. But we have mere men who are so arrogant to call themselves The Holy Father, The Archbishop, Father, Pastor, Prophet, Apostle etc. I am called to be a Prophet, but I do not desire or even allow men, to put the title Prophet before my name. That would make me cringe. I am called Lou. Just as Paul was called Paul.

But we have men that desire the praise of men more than the praise of God and put themselves above Paul, Elijah, and Peter and ask men to put a title before their name.

They shall find that the promises of God are always true for everyone in all times:

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Answer requested by Aaron ....................

Thank you for this topic, Lou. It hit me as particularly interesting as it is why my neighbor turned against me. We had a bit of a conflict over it while talking one day years ago. She and her family are of the old traditional Latin Catholic denomination. Very hard core. And one of her sons is a priest. Apparently I was severely lacking in tack that day, and she took high offense when I said the Bible says to call no man your father. Hasn't been civil to me ever since that day. Funny thing is, when I prayed about it, I got the distinct understanding that the problem is, she KNOWS. She KNOWS what the Bible says. And she chooses her religion over Scriptures. Very sad.
    You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
    - Paul Washer
    Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
    - Lou Newton

Comment

Working...
    X