Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Luke 13:32, what is the meaning of “I shall be perfected”?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Luke 13:32, what is the meaning of “I shall be perfected”?

In Luke 13:32, what is the meaning of “I shall be perfected”?

Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

If you look at all the English Translations they should answer your question:

God came down from heaven to be born of a woman to become a man so that He could die for our sin. His Manhood obeyed His Godhood and never sinned.

Hebrews 5 NIV

8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Jesus had to go through His life being tested. He passed the test by obeying God and never once disobeying God.

John 5 NIV

19 Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

So when Jesus obeyed and surrendered to death on the cross He had completed the mission and was perfected. He had lived a life without sin.

Luke 13:32

KJ21

And He said unto them, “Go ye and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out devils and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

ASV

And he said unto them, Go and say to that fox, Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures to-day and to-morrow, and the third day I am perfected.

AMP

And He said to them, “Go and tell that fox [that sly, cowardly man], ‘Listen carefully: I cast out demons and perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I reach My goal.’

AMPC

And He said to them, Go and tell that fox [sly and crafty, skulking and cowardly], Behold, I drive out demons and perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish (complete) My course.

BRG

And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

CSB

He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look, I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.’

CEB

Jesus said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Look, I’m throwing out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.

CJB

He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Pay attention: today and tomorrow I am driving out demons and healing people, and on the third day I reach my goal.’

CEV

Jesus said to them: Go tell that fox, “I am going to force out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and three days later I’ll be through.”

DARBY

And he said to them, Go, tell that fox, Behold, I cast out demons and accomplish cures to-day and to-morrow, and the third [day] I am perfected;

DLNT

And He said to them, “Having gone, tell this fox, ‘Behold— I am casting-out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I come-to-the-end’.

DRA

And he said to them: Go and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I am consummated.

ERV

Jesus said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Today and tomorrow I am forcing demons out of people and finishing my work of healing. Then, the next day, the work will be finished.’

EHV

He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look, I am going to drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.

ESV

And he said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I finish my course.

ESVUK

And he said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I finish my course.

EXB

Jesus said to them, “Go tell that fox Herod, ‘[L Look; T Behold] Today and tomorrow I am ·forcing [driving; casting] demons out and healing people. Then, on the third day, I will ·reach my goal [accomplish my purpose; finish my work; L finish].’

GNV

Then said he unto them, Go ye and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and will heal still today, and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

GW

Jesus said to them, “Tell that fox that I will force demons out of people and heal people today and tomorrow. I will finish my work on the third day.

GNT

Jesus answered them, “Go and tell that fox: ‘I am driving out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I shall finish my work.’

HCSB

He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look! I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete My work.’

ICB

Jesus said to them, “Go tell that fox Herod, ‘Today and tomorrow I am forcing demons out of people and finishing my work of healing. Then, on the third day, I will reach my goal.’

ISV

He told them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Listen! I am driving out demons and healing today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will finish my work.

PHILLIPS

“Go and tell that fox,” returned Jesus, “today and tomorrow I am expelling evil spirits and continuing my work of healing, and on the third day my work will be finished. But I must journey on today, tomorrow, and the next day, for it would never do for a prophet to meet his death outside Jerusalem!

KJV

And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

AKJV

LEB

And he said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I am expelling demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.’

TLB

Jesus replied, “Go tell that fox that I will keep on casting out demons and doing miracles of healing today and tomorrow; and the third day I will reach my destination.

MSG

Jesus said, “Tell that fox that I’ve no time for him right now. Today and tomorrow I’m busy clearing out the demons and healing the sick; the third day I’m wrapping things up. Besides, it’s not proper for a prophet to come to a bad end outside Jerusalem. Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killer of prophets, abuser of the messengers of God! How often I’ve longed to gather your children, gather your children like a hen, Her brood safe under her wings— but you refused and turned away! And now it’s too late: You won’t see me again until the day you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of God.’”

MEV

He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Look, I cast out demons. And I perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I shall be perfected.’

MOUNCE

And he said to them, “Go and tell · that fox, ‘Behold, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I complete my task.’

NOG

Yeshua said to them, “Tell that fox that I will force demons out of people and heal people today and tomorrow. I will finish my work on the third day.

NABRE

He replied, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and I perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I accomplish my purpose.

NASB

And He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I reach My goal.’

NCV

Jesus said to them, “Go tell that fox Herod, ‘Today and tomorrow I am forcing demons out and healing people. Then, on the third day, I will reach my goal.’

NET

But he said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Look, I am casting out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.

NIRV

He replied, “Go and tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons. I will keep on healing people today and tomorrow. And on the third day I will reach my goal.’

NIV

He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’

NIVUK

He replied, ‘Go and tell that fox, “I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.”

NKJV

And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’

NLV

Jesus said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘See. I put out demons and heal the sick. I will do these things today and tomorrow. And the third day My work will be finished.’

NLT

Jesus replied, “Go tell that fox that I will keep on casting out demons and healing people today and tomorrow; and the third day I will accomplish my purpose.

NMB

And he said to them, Go and tell that fox, behold, I cast out devils and heal the people today and tomorrow, and the third day I make an end of it.

NRSV

He said to them, “Go and tell that fox for me, ‘Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish my work.

NRSVA

He said to them, ‘Go and tell that fox for me, “Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish my work.

NRSVACE

He said to them, ‘Go and tell that fox for me, “Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish my work.

NRSVCE

He said to them, “Go and tell that fox for me, ‘Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish my work.

NTE

‘Go and tell that fox,’ replied Jesus, ‘ “Look here: I’m casting out demons today and tomorrow, and completing my healings. I’ll be finished by the third day.

OJB

And Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach said to them, Go and tell that fox, Hinei, I cast out shedim and I accomplish refuot (healings) hayom (today) and makhar (tomorrow) and Yom HaShlishi (The Third Day) I reach my goal.

TPT

Jesus told them, “Go and tell that deceiver that I will continue to cast out demons and heal the sick today and tomorrow, but on the third day I will bring my work to perfection.

RGT

Then He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and will keep healing today and tomorrow. And the third day I shall complete it.’

RSV

RSVCE

TLV

But Yeshua said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Indeed, I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach My goal.’

VOICE

Jesus: You can give that sly fox this message: “Watch as I cast out demons and perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I’ll reach My destination.

WEB

He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I complete my mission.

WE

He said, `Go and tell that fox, "I drive bad spirits out of people and heal people. I do it today and tomorrow. On the third day I will finish what I am doing."

WYC

And he said to them, Go ye, and say to that fox, Lo! I cast out fiends, and I make perfectly healings [and I make perfectly healths], to day and to morrow, and the third day I am ended.

YLT

and he said to them, `Having gone, say to this fox, Lo, I cast forth demons, and perfect cures to-day and to-morrow, and the third [day] I am being perfected;
Working...
X