Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Ezekiel 34:23, it talks about David, however, David died before Ezekiel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Ezekiel 34:23, it talks about David, however, David died before Ezekiel.

In Ezekiel 34:23, it talks about David, however, David died before Ezekiel. If I am not wrong, then who is Ezekiel referring as the shepherd ?

Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

Ezekiel 34: 17 “‘As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats.18 Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet?19 Must my flock feed on what you have trampled and drink what you have muddied with your feet?

20 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says to them: See, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 Because you shove with flank and shoulder, butting all the weak sheep with your horns until you have driven them away, 22 I will save my flock, and they will no longer be plundered. I will judge between one sheep and another.23 I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd. 24 I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the Lord have spoken.

Jesus was descended from David. Jesus called Himself the son of David. The Shepherd that will save the weak sheep from the strong sheep is Jesus.

God is not talking about the animals that we call sheep in this passage. He is speaking of His people who are like sheep. So the Shepherd is not a Shepherd of animals, but The Shepherd of God's people. David was but a Shadow of the King of God's people. We are to have but one King and He is the King of all kings. Jesus is the King of kings.

Jesus is The Shepherd. All others are mere shadows of the Real Shepherd Jesus.

Any mere man that claims to be our King is claiming to be Christ. Any mere man who claims to be our Shepherd is claiming to be Christ and a false leader. Paul was called to be an Apostle and of course a Pastor. Paul did not take the title Pastor, but told people to call him, Paul. Paul never said, follow me, or told people to obey him. Paul always told people to follow and obey Jesus. Jesus is the real Shepherd all mere men are only shadows of Shepherds. They are to stand in the Light of Jesus and allow His light to form a shadow that is to look like Jesus.

The problem we have in the church today is that we have mere men who take the Title Pastor, and tell people to obey and follow them, BUT they do not look like a shadow of Jesus standing in His Light.

Jesus please forgive me and us all. We need your mercy and grace to shine down upon all of us. We have absolutely no hope but you. The person who possesses Christ possesses everything and lacks nothing.

A Bond Servant of The Lord Jesus
    Lou Newton
    Last edited by Lou Newton; May 16, 2020, 11:44 AM.

Even Jesus took no title upon Himself, but people simply called Him Jesus. He is God Almighty and The Creator of everything that exists

Philippians 2 NIV

Imitating Christ’s Humility

2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage
    ;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,

10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

NOTE: Why is Jesus the Highest Name that is above every other Name of God. It is because Jesus displayed the Highest Nature of God and that is His meekness and humility.

Comment

People make all kind of excuses of why it is OK to call a mere man by some title like Pastor, or The Holy Father, or Father; but here are the words of Jesus:

Matthew 23 NIV

A Warning Against Hypocrisy

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Why would we risk being disobedient to The Lord. Is it that important to use a title for the men that are called to serve the Lord to be a teacher, pastor, evangelist, prophet or apostle. Apparently it is that important to some.

I attended a local church some time ago and the man who they claimed was called to be their pastor was preaching his whole sermon on how they should obey him. He scolded them for about an hour telling them that they did not obey him many times. He said he had to obey his Bishop and they should obey him. The Name of Jesus was not mentioned once.

I have no mediator between me and Jesus. I follow His Holy Spirit and do not want some mere man between me and Jesus. The closer to Jesus I am the better. I love my brothers. But every man is a bother to me and I to him.

Comment

Reply from Eric

Jesus was a son of David he didn't call himself that. All Hebrews or the chosen people are the sons of David. Its just that one book describes a whole lot of liniage and somehow worked it out its kind of like how like 8% of the worlds population has some tied ancestry to Attila the hun.

He is directly telling them I will mess you up and only he has the right to decide anything you may or maynot have to endure. A shepherd breaks the leg of the lamb who strays to far from the flock. Hes talking about deviding the tribes until yes a final messiah arrives. At least that's how I take it, as a non theologian.

Answer from Lou Newton

Jesus is called the Son of David 12 times in the Holy Scriptures. All Hebrews are NOT all sons of David. Obviously most descended from another Hebrew other than David. For instance David had I think 7 bothers and many descended from one of them ,and not David. But many descended from someone other than David or even from Jesse his father. For instance Jesus descended from Judah, but most descended from another of the 12, other than Judah.

Yes a shepherd will break the leg of a lamb that strays to save it’s life, not for punishment. BUT then that shepherd will carry that lamb on his shoulders until the leg is healed. Jesus never chooses between mercy and justice. He is always merciful and just is everything He does.

Comment

Working...
        X