• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Kathy from W Va- proverbs 30: 24-28

Drew asked me about this scripture for Kathy from W Va today:

Proverbs 30

24 "Four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise:
    25 Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer;
    26 coneys are creatures of little power, yet they make their home in the crags;
    27 locusts have no king, yet they advance together in ranks;
    28 a lizard can be caught with the hand, yet it is found in kings' palaces.

The Lord is telling man that the least of His creatures have more wisdom than most men.

Ants are some of the smallest and least strong creatures - Yet ants store food for the winter, NOT like many men who do not work hard enough in season to be able to store food for the winter. How many men, which have been given large brains by God waste away part of the season when food is able to be gathered, and then their children starve during the winter.

Coneys have little power and small brains, yet they have the wisdom to build their homes in the rocks where they will not be washed, or blown away. But many men, who were given large brains, build houses that are in the wrong place, but easier to build, and when the flood comes they are washed away, or when the wind comes they are blown away.

Locus have no leader, and yet they advance in armies that are unstoppable. Yet men who have leaders fight among themselves and often can not defeat an enemy because of these disagreements.

A lizard can be caught by a child with one hand, yet it is wise enough to be in the palace of the King.

FURTHER:

While ants work not only for today, but are wise enough to work for the future so that they do not perish.

Foolish men think only of today and this short life here on the earth; instead of being aware that this life is short and of little consequence and forgetting about this life and trusting in God for all eternity. It is far wiser to store up treasures in heaven than here on the earth.

Coneys build their house in the rocks so the wind and rain will not wash them away.

Yet foolish men build their house on the sand ( the things of this life which will all pass away) instead of building their house on The ROCK, The Lord Jesus. Unless The Lord builds the house it is built in vain. Far better to live under a bridge in this life for short time and then live in a mansion in heaven with The Lord for all eternity, than live in a mansion for this short life and then spend all eternity in hell.

Locus have no leader yet their army is unstoppable. Foolish men join this church or that church and fight about which one has the correct doctrine. In all of the fighting the entire world is heading to hell. Not only the world, but many souls are focused on the fight instead of The Lord Jesus and are also lost.

In discussing different doctrines, we need to remember that Jesus told us that the golden rule was Treat others like you would like to be treated, NOT if the universe was young or old.

A small lizard that has a very small brain is wise enough to seek the palace of the King.

Yet men do not seek the Throne room of heaven to be with The Creator of everything that exists. They instead mock His Name instead of merely asking The Lord to reveal Himself to them if He is there.

All any man has to do to enter The Holy of Holies of God's Temple is to humble themselves and confess their sin, and ask Him to save them.

The Holy of Holies is easier for men to enter than the lizard into the palace. But the lizard may pay with his life for doing so, but for men is will defiantly cost them everything they have.

Dear Friends; I want to share something with you that I have not shared with many people. Not many people have seemed to appreciate it . It was kind of like giving someone a pearl of great value and watching them letting it fall in the dirt after they looked at it. This may be the greatest thing I have ever read outside the Bible . I feel the Holy Spirit spoke this to me through these words written by a civil war soldier.

I asked God for strength that I might achieve ;

I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey.

I asked God for help that I might do greater things ;

I was given infirmity that I might do better things .

I asked God for riches that I might be happy ;

I was given poverty that I might be wise .

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life ;

I was given life that I might enjoy all things .

I was given nothing that I asked for ;

But everything that I had hoped for .

Despite myself my prayers were answered .

I am among all men most richly blessed

This poem was found in a dead soldiers pocket after a battle in the civil war . They did not think it worthwhile to record the color of his uniform but I thank God someone thought his words worth writing down . I found them hand written in pencil on a little piece of paper taped to the wall of the Rescue Mission in Youngstown . I was a Chaplain there and going with Isaac's mom over 20 years ago . When I read it something inside of me jumped ; later I wondered about it and wondered if it was true . Now I know it was God preparing me for my life . When I typed these words I didn't just copy them but wrote them down for myself . Despite myself my prayers were answered too . Now I know who the author is . God wrote them with that soldiers life and now he has written the same poem
    again using my life as the pencil .---- Lou Newton

Last edited by Lou Newton; August 7, 2015, 07:29 AM.

This blessed me! The spiritual application of Proverbs 30:24-28, and the poem.

Thank you for sharing these things, Lou. I thank the Lord for writing such poems with our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      This blessed me! The spiritual application of Proverbs 30:24-28, and the poem.

Thank you for sharing these things, Lou. I thank the Lord for writing such poems with our lives.

Thanks for the reply Barry.

The brain of an ant has about 250,000 cells. The human brain has about 86,000,000,000 cells. So the human brain has about 344,000 times more cells in it. Yet the ant works at every opportunity and stores food for the times it can not work. How many humans do not work at every opportunity they have and instead do others things that do not profit them at all.

So ants are wiser than humans even though they were given such a small brain.

God blessed man with the smartest brain of any creature on earth. Plus the fact that man is the only creature with a spirit like God. Yet how many men use their spirit and brain to seek the truth, but instead use their brain to try to justify themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
        Thanks for the reply Barry.

The brain of an ant has about 250,000 cells. The human brain has about 86,000,000,000 cells. So the human brain has about 344,000 times more cells in it. Yet the ant works at every opportunity and stores food for the times it can not work. How many humans do not work at every opportunity they have and instead do others things that do not profit them at all.

So ants are wiser than humans even though they were given such a small brain.

God blessed man with the smartest brain of any creature on earth. Plus the fact that man is the only creature with a spirit like God. Yet how many men use their spirit and brain to seek the truth, but instead use their brain to try to justify themselves.
        Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 7:
        There is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

And, Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

And, All this have I proved by wisdom: I said, I will be wise; but it was far from me.

Our fallen nature besets us so. Even the wisest man, Solomon, struggled with his condition.

God made the ants simple and humble, and they are wise and blessed by doing what He set out for them to do.

God made man wonderfully complex and gave him dominion over the earth, and we rebel and are brought low while seeing ourselves as wise.

Jesus said in the gospels, "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Contrast the simplicity, humility, and trust of a little child with the world's philosophies, puffed up chest, and striving. Jesus also says in a parable that this little child, who is a man in the parable, that builds his house on the ROCK is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 7:
          There is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

And, Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

And, All this have I proved by wisdom: I said, I will be wise; but it was far from me.

Our fallen nature besets us so. Even the wisest man, Solomon, struggled with his condition.

God made the ants simple and humble, and they are wise and blessed by doing what He set out for them to do.

God made man wonderfully complex and gave him dominion over the earth, and we rebel and are brought low while seeing ourselves as wise.

Jesus said in the gospels, "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Contrast the simplicity, humility, and trust of a little child with the world's philosophies, puffed up chest, and striving. Jesus also says in a parable that this little child, who is a man in the parable, that builds his house on the ROCK is wise.
          Amen Barry. The ant is wise because it does not know anything else to do. It is programmed to do what it does.

Of course an ant can not love God. So God gave men freedom to choose and the intellect to do many things. So when man CHOOSES to obey God, that man is showing God love.

I have some experience with ants. The Lord spoke to me through ants and also He spoke to me about them.

I think I wrote about it on FOT, but I did a search and it did not find it.

Comment

Drew invited me to have breakfast with him this morning after my run. He told me that Kathy ( from W Va ) read this article and was blessed by it.

That simply made my day.

All praise to The Lord of mercy and grace, The Lord Jesus Christ for revealing His secrets to mere men.

Lou

Comment

Working...
            X