I Am the Bread of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am the Bread of Life

Words to stimulate your thoughts when you read the Scriptures. The following words are all based on the root for "bread". There are a few more (H8901-H8903: battle, and two proper names conveying food), though these below capture the range.

H3899
    lechem
    From H3898; food (for man or beast), especially bread, or grain (for making it): - ([shew-]) bread, X eat, food, fruit, loaf, meat, victuals. See also H1036.

H3900
    lekh-em'
    (Chaldee); corresponding to H3899: - feast.

H1035
    bÍyth lechem
    From H1004 and H3899; house of bread; Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine: - Beth-lehem.

H3898
    l‚cham
    A primitive root; to feed on; figuratively to consume; by implication to battle (as destruction): - devour, eat, X ever, fight (-ing), overcome, prevail, (make) war (-ring).

H4421
    milch‚m‚h
    From H3898 (in the sense of fighting); a battle (that is, the engagement); generally war (that is, warfare): - battle, fight, (-ing), war ([-rior]).

John 6:1-15 - Jesus feeds the 5000
    John 6:15-21 - Jesus walks on water
    John 6:22-59 - I am the bread of life
    John 6:60-71 - The words of eternal life

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    Words to stimulate your thoughts when you read the Scriptures. The following words are all based on the root for "bread". There are a few more (H8901-H8903: battle, and two proper names conveying food), though these below capture the range.

H3899
    lechem
    From H3898; food (for man or beast), especially bread, or grain (for making it): - ([shew-]) bread, X eat, food, fruit, loaf, meat, victuals. See also H1036.

H3900
    lekh-em'
    (Chaldee); corresponding to H3899: - feast.

H1035
    bÍyth lechem
    From H1004 and H3899; house of bread; Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine: - Beth-lehem.

H3898
    l‚cham
    A primitive root; to feed on; figuratively to consume; by implication to battle (as destruction): - devour, eat, X ever, fight (-ing), overcome, prevail, (make) war (-ring).

H4421
    milch‚m‚h
    From H3898 (in the sense of fighting); a battle (that is, the engagement); generally war (that is, warfare): - battle, fight, (-ing), war ([-rior]).

John 6:1-15 - Jesus feeds the 5000
    John 6:15-21 - Jesus walks on water
    John 6:22-59 - I am the bread of life
    John 6:60-71 - The words of eternal life
    Thanks Barry.

I am reminded of communion in which we literally consume bread to remember His death on the cross.

As I consume the wine and then the bread something spiritual takes place in me every time I consume the bread.

I can not seem to control this. But The Lord overcomes me with thanksgiving that He shed His blood for me and I am overcome sobbing with tears.

As I consume that bread, He seems to consume me. I have had "pastors" look at me as I was nuts, or trying to be exhibitionist.

But I seem to have no control over this. It humbles me, because no man wants to cry in a public place, especially like that.

I will confess that I still have pride in my manhood. I still do a set of 15 squats with 400# bands while the most any other man does in my class is #100 bands. So this is against the nature of my flesh to do this in public.

But at the same time, while my flesh may have some shame about it, my spirit is not ashamed. For it is not me that is causing this, but I feel touched by The Lord.

I feel very close to The Lord Jesus when this takes place. I feel refreshed and renewed after it takes place.

While my act is consuming the bread, the rest is NOT any act of mine. The rest is His act of touching me deeply in my soul and spirit and bringing me into His Holy of Holies with Him. At that time I care nothing about others or what they think, but I am thankful to be touched by Him. After all He is Lord and He can touch me any way He pleases. I am just thankful that He brings me into His presence.

It is simply a miracle that The Lord does in me as I consume the bread of communion.

For certainly no man can bring himself into the Lord's presence or command The Lord to come to him.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; January 24, 2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

You are greatly blessed, Lou. Many desire a graceful visitation from the Lord, and haven't known Him that way. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

That is very special and I would love to be able to experience it.

Comment

Thank you Barry and Steve for your very kind comments.

I was inspired to tell about the power of us consuming the Bread of Life, who is Jesus of course.

Years ago when I had not been walking with The Lord near as long as I have been now, I had some difficulty identifying who was talking to me.

Also sometimes we get goosebumps when The Holy Spirit speaks to us, or we have some kind of experience with Him. This communion experience is far different than that.

You can be in one room of your house and you hear another person in the next room, you have some sense of their presence. But this is much much different than that. A person can come into the room and you recognize them and then they give you a hug. That is a much deeper sense of their presence. But this is much different that even that. That is on a natural and an emotional level. But this is on a natural, emotional, and spiritual level.

I do not have to ask who is speaking to me or who is touching me, like in other times. I know immediately who it is by His Nature. I can somehow sense His Nature, and there in no one like Him. I know it is Him because He is the Only One like that. His mercy and grace and forgiveness almost destroy me on the spot. He somehow puts the knowledge in my soul and spirit that He forgives me and He loves me.

But even greater than that is the fact that I can sense His nature and sense His goodness and His Holiness.

As you walk with him for more and more years, I hope you all come to know Him like that.

Comment

I pray that I can have that relationship too.

Comment

Working...
            X