GOD's HIDDEN ARMY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOD's HIDDEN ARMY

I had just finished writing that God had a hidden private army in this nation and then went to my mail box and found this:

GOD's HIDDEN ARMY

by David Wilkerson

Something very powerful is going on in the world today. God is

doing a hidden, quiet work, something so supernatural that it is

beyond human comprehension. He is preparing a small but power-

ful army
    that is going to be the most dedicated on the face of the

earth. The Lord is going to close out the ages with a pure, devoted,

fearless remnant.

All my life I heard stories of our godly forebears, men and women

who spent hours, even days, in fasting and prayer. They knew

God's voice
    and they had the power to successfully stand up

against evil in their day.

These godly forefathers have passed on but God is in the process

of raising up another army. This new army will be composed of

believers both young and old -- ordinary Christians who lay hold

of God. A whole new realm of ministry is about to come forth!

The denominational church system appears to be in the throes

of death, possessing almost no influence in the secular world,

no mighty power of Christ. Growing numbers of ministers are

falling, and worldliness continues to creep into the church of

Jesus Christ. The devil is claiming victory, as more and more

pastor's race down the road of compromise and corruption.

Yet the Bible says we are not to fret! God has a plan and it is

being manifested. He is hearing the cries of his children who

have given themselves totally to him.
    People will run to find

them, crying, "I know you are someone who touches God . . .

and I need God to touch me!"

Beloved, God wants to make you a part of his hidden army!

He wants to give you a ministry to others who come to you

with their burdens and trials. When you spend time with him,

you will be able to stand up with spiritual authority and say,

"Thus says the Lord!" because you have been listening to

his voice.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; March 16th, 2018, 10:29 AM.

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    I had just finished writing that God had a hidden private army in this nation and then went to my mail box and found this:

GOD's HIDDEN ARMY

by David Wilkerson

Something very powerful is going on in the world today. God is

doing a hidden, quiet work, something so supernatural that it is

beyond human comprehension. He is preparing a small but power-

ful army
    that is going to be the most dedicated on the face of the

earth. The Lord is going to close out the ages with a pure, devoted,

fearless remnant.

All my life I heard stories of our godly forebears, men and women

who spent hours, even days, in fasting and prayer. They knew

God's voice
    and they had the power to successfully stand up

against evil in their day.

These godly forefathers have passed on but God is in the process

of raising up another army. This new army will be composed of

believers both young and old -- ordinary Christians who lay hold

of God. A whole new realm of ministry is about to come forth!

The denominational church system appears to be in the throes

of death, possessing almost no influence in the secular world,

no mighty power of Christ. Growing numbers of ministers are

falling, and worldliness continues to creep into the church of

Jesus Christ. The devil is claiming victory, as more and more

pastor's race down the road of compromise and corruption.

Yet the Bible says we are not to fret! God has a plan and it is

being manifested. He is hearing the cries of his children who

have given themselves totally to him.
    People will run to find

them, crying, "I know you are someone who touches God . . .

and I need God to touch me!"

Beloved, God wants to make you a part of his hidden army!

He wants to give you a ministry to others who come to you

with their burdens and trials. When you spend time with him,

you will be able to stand up with spiritual authority and say,

"Thus says the Lord!" because you have been listening to

his voice.
    I want to be a part of it, but my flesh is strong. I want to be made willing to be willing to be obedient to Christ so to be a part of this army.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

I want to be a part of it, but my flesh is strong. I want to be made willing to be willing to be obedient to Christ so to be a part of this army.
      redsoxmaloney.
      I had forgotten that 50 plus years ago I prayed similar words to those you posted.
      You posted, “I want to be made willing to be willing to be obedient to Christ so to be a part of this army.” I prayed for God to make me surrender, change my will and make me obedient to Him and follow Him. At the time I thought I was being as committed as I could will myself to be. I suspect that many strong willed believers have this bridge to cross.

Once a minister my service consumed everything a young man can give. My willful actions were all about ministering, but that did not make me closer to God. The demand upon my time was such that there was not time just for a devotional life apart from ministering to others. Ministering was not a burden but a blessing for me. What I discovered from the ministry is that I cannot surrender enough to improve my relationship with God.

Bottom line is this. We are not fixable. There are those days or occasions when the fervor of the Spirit renews our connection to God, but the warmth usually ceases. How are we to be more Christ like?

Having spent sixty of my seventy-four years searching different answers for sanctification (and continue to observe and research) I have this suggestion.
      Never again approach God by using the pronoun I. What God is doing is about Him, not us. What we are to do is focus – focus – focus on God - all day every day. This is where the human will enters the process and the only place. If you love Him, never quit thinking about Him and never think about your own spiritual condition or life. It is this simple.

Deuteronomy 6
      5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
      6 These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.
      7 You shall teach them diligently to your sons
      and shall talk of them when you sit in your house
      and when you walk by the way
      and when you lie down
      and when you rise up.
      8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand
      and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
      9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
      Think God.
      Pray God.
      Talk God.
      Study God.
      Praise God.
      Teach God.
      Worship God.

And let that focus on God be what becomes of the self.

The little old lady missionary to China, Bertha Smith was a spiritual dynamo. Bertha and Corrie ten Boom sometimes visited churches together.
      Everybody at the church she visited would huddle around her at first. After a few days no one set close to her. She was totally unaware of herself – totally focused on God.

When a young man exclaimed he did not know why the Lord used him so, Miss Bertha replied curtly and without apology, He just has to use whatever He can get.

My favorite Miss Bertha saying which she said nearly every time someone greeted her.
      They would usually politely ask, How are you doing?
      Miss Bertha’s sharp reply was always the same,
      I don’t know. I haven’t felt of myself lately.
      She was not being cute or pious, she just never thought about anything except God - not even herself.

Once, I thought I would get ahead of her spiritually and ask her what she thought God was doing through the race riots (in the late sixties and early seventies). I thought she might provide some political or social justice insight – from God of course.
      Miss Bertha replied, Why don’t you ask Him yourself? Speaking with God it is about Him. If He wants me to know about something He will tell me. He is the Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post

redsoxmaloney.
        I had forgotten that 50 plus years ago I prayed similar words to those you posted.
        You posted, “I want to be made willing to be willing to be obedient to Christ so to be a part of this army.” I prayed for God to make me surrender, change my will and make me obedient to Him and follow Him. At the time I thought I was being as committed as I could will myself to be. I suspect that many strong willed believers have this bridge to cross.

Once a minister my service consumed everything a young man can give. My willful actions were all about ministering, but that did not make me closer to God. The demand upon my time was such that there was not time just for a devotional life apart from ministering to others. Ministering was not a burden but a blessing for me. What I discovered from the ministry is that I cannot surrender enough to improve my relationship with God.

Bottom line is this. We are not fixable. There are those days or occasions when the fervor of the Spirit renews our connection to God, but the warmth usually ceases. How are we to be more Christ like?

Having spent sixty of my seventy-four years searching different answers for sanctification (and continue to observe and research) I have this suggestion.
        Never again approach God by using the pronoun I. What God is doing is about Him, not us. What we are to do is focus – focus – focus on God - all day every day. This is where the human will enters the process and the only place. If you love Him, never quit thinking about Him and never think about your own spiritual condition or life. It is this simple.

Deuteronomy 6
        5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
        6 These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.
        7 You shall teach them diligently to your sons
        and shall talk of them when you sit in your house
        and when you walk by the way
        and when you lie down
        and when you rise up.
        8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand
        and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
        9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
        Think God.
        Pray God.
        Talk God.
        Study God.
        Praise God.
        Teach God.
        Worship God.

And let that focus on God be what becomes of the self.

The little old lady missionary to China, Bertha Smith was a spiritual dynamo. Bertha and Corrie ten Boom sometimes visited churches together.
        Everybody at the church she visited would huddle around her at first. After a few days no one set close to her. She was totally unaware of herself – totally focused on God.

When a young man exclaimed he did not know why the Lord used him so, Miss Bertha replied curtly and without apology, He just has to use whatever He can get.

My favorite Miss Bertha saying which she said nearly every time someone greeted her.
        They would usually politely ask, How are you doing?
        Miss Bertha’s sharp reply was always the same,
        I don’t know. I haven’t felt of myself lately.
        She was not being cute or pious, she just never thought about anything except God - not even herself.

Once, I thought I would get ahead of her spiritually and ask her what she thought God was doing through the race riots (in the late sixties and early seventies). I thought she might provide some political or social justice insight – from God of course.
        Miss Bertha replied, Why don’t you ask Him yourself? Speaking with God it is about Him. If He wants me to know about something He will tell me. He is the Lord.
        I think that's true; we always think of self, and never about others or God, unless he helps us do so. I don't know that I was thinking of striving so much as just being a part of the army of God. I have questions about what God means in the skies, or why are our churches failing so badly, but it's a good point that you say to ask him, and not ourselves. Part of what I think he shared with me is that just like our eyes get sidetracked by small, or insignificant goals, so do our hearts. The natural is a sign of the spiritual. We are so concerned with building our arms, say, that we forget the whole body needs to be made strong. I think that our church leaders get focused on following laws, being obedient, that they lose the real focus of just asking Jesus what they should do or teach. So much so, that you can't barely find a church with Jesus mentioned in the name of it. I just heard today that Peter was often pictured as fat because John beat him to the tomb. But yet Peter was the one who swam a great distance to get to the shore when Jesus revealed himself to them. I hope that was just an error, but somehow, I seem to catch many and many more every time I go. I think God points these things out to me to show me that he helps me see things, as well as to point out I'm just the same way.

Comment

Insightful comments, redsoxmaloney.

The failure of the institutional church?

Elijah fled from the wrath of Jezebel. He felt alone but the answer from the Lord was there were 7000 in Israel who had not bent their knee to Baal. 7,000 is an interesting symbolic number. Seven being the number representing completeness, and thousand the number representing everything or all.

Thousand is everything or all:
          Thousand used as a biblical symbol is the entire spectrum or items in a category.
          Cattle on a thousand hills – Cattle on all the hills
          A day in your court is better than a thousand - A day in your court is better than a thousand years,
          Thousand years is a very long time or as with the millennium when the time is completed.
          Thousand years is the entire days in the category represented by the symbolic number of a thousand
          7 is 100% in quality as opposed to 1000 being 100% in quantity.
          So, 7000 of the faithful means all the faithful.

Pointing out the failure of the institutional church might receive the same reply from the Lord that Elijah received.
          There are 7000 who have not worshiped at the institutional church.

There is a group of preachers who have made their mark in ratting out the Church of God while being very much part of the institutional Church. This seems to me extremely disingenuous. I think the list should include:
          T. Austin Sparks
          A.W, Tozer
          Andrew Murray
          Watchman Nee
          Witness Nee
          Smith Wigglesworth
          and others

These are devout men who are counting the faithful wrongly -- just as did Elijah.
          Their preaching appeals to us because it meets us at our spiritual dysfunction just as Elijah projected his spiritual dysfunction onto all of Israel.

The Christian life has demonstrated to me that the real saints do not wear spirituality on their sleeves but beams it from the Christ inside.
          Everywhere I go, I find both kinds of Christians. The more I go the more I find those who beam Christ.

While the temple in Jerusalem may have been run by priest holding wrong ideas, there was Zechariah the father of John the Baptist.
          What about the crowds that came to hear John the baptist?
          What did Jesus mean when he said to lift up your eyes, for the fields are white unto harvest?
          Just because the High Priest was corrupt did that stop the faithful from obedience and sacrifice?

Dwelling on the failure of the institutional church is about our own spiritual condition.
          The institutional church fails by definition while the Church of God is victorious by definition and prophecy.

Comment

Insightful comments, redsoxmaloney.

The failure of the institutional church?

Elijah fled from the wrath of Jezebel. He felt alone but the answer from the Lord was there were 7000 in Israel who had not bent their knee to Baal. 7,000 is an interesting symbolic number. Seven being the number representing completeness, and thousand the number representing everything or all.

Thousand is everything or all:
            Thousand used as a biblical symbol is the entire spectrum or items in a category.
            Cattle on a thousand hills – Cattle on all the hills
            A day in your court is better than a thousand - A day in your court is better than a thousand years,
            Thousand years is a very long time or as with the millennium when the time is completed.
            Thousand years is the entire days in the category represented by the symbolic number of a thousand
            7 is 100% in quality as opposed to 1000 being 100% in quantity.
            So, 7000 of the faithful means all the faithful.

Pointing out the failure of the institutional church might receive the same reply from the Lord that Elijah received.
            There are 7000 who have not worshiped at the institutional church.

There is a group of preachers who have made their mark in ratting out the Church of God while being very much part of the institutional Church. This seems to me extremely disingenuous. I think the list should include:
            T. Austin Sparks
            A.W, Tozer
            Andrew Murray
            Watchman Nee
            Witness Nee
            Smith Wigglesworth
            and others

These are devout men who are counting the faithful wrongly -- just as did Elijah.
            Their preaching appeals to us because it meets us at our spiritual dysfunction just as Elijah projected his spiritual dysfunction onto all of Israel.

The Christian life has demonstrated to me that the real saints do not wear spirituality on their sleeves but beams it from the Christ inside.
            Everywhere I go, I find both kinds of Christians. The more I go the more I find those who beam Christ.

While the temple in Jerusalem may have been run by priest holding wrong ideas, there was Zechariah the father of John the Baptist.
            What about the crowds that came to hear John the baptist?
            What did Jesus mean when he said to lift up your eyes, for the fields are white unto harvest?
            Just because the High Priest was corrupt did that stop the faithful from obedience and sacrifice?

Dwelling on the failure of the institutional church is about our own spiritual condition.
            The institutional church fails by definition while the Church of God is victorious by definition and prophecy.

Hi Glen and Tom,

Elijah was a seer and was able to see the truth. He preached the truth and his prophecies were true. He said what he said about him being the only one in private to God. Elijah was only telling what he had seen. He did not see any others except himself that was serving God. But God told him that He had 7000 that had not bowed to Baal.

The fact is that God did a great miracle through Elijah on Mount Carmel that the people saw: yet not one stood and defended Elijah when Jezebel threatened to kill him. There was no great revival after the miracle. I think that those that served God were few.

God created the moon to reflect the light of the sun to the earth in the night. The Moon is a type of the church. Notice that the world only sees one side of the moon. It is tidally locked and the same side is always facing the world. That side of the moon is always focused on the world. The other side of the moon is not focused on the world, but focused on the sun. The world does not know of this hidden part on the moon, just as it does not know of the true body of Christ. The false church also does not know of this true body of Christ, for it thinks it is the true body of Christ. The natural is a sign of the spiritual. The heavens declare the glory of God.

The true body of Christ is hidden from the world, and the false church, or Babylon The Great. Jesus tells us of seven churches in The Revelation. There are only two of these churches that Jesus has nothing against. Jesus has something against 5 of the churches. If anyone is covered by His blood, Jesus has NOTHING left against them, nothing that He would even scold them for. So five of the churches are false churches. Yet there are a few in two of those churches who have not soiled their clothes. That is why Jesus says "come out of her my people so you do not take part in her sin".

There are only two of the seven churches that Jesus has nothing against. That is the church that thinks itself poor and the church that thinks itself weak. This is the true body of Christ. I have always sought out those who think themselves poor or weak. For I am poor and weak and find fellowship with them.

The false churches are those who think themselves rich and strong. They are involved in idol worship sexual sin and witchcraft.

Comment

Lou started this this topic about God's Hidden Army.
              Lou has changed the emphasis to army deserters.

Lou, would you care to support with scripture this statement?
              Moon is a type of the church

It seems for Lou the meaning of church is:
              focused on the world
              does not know of this true body of Christ, for it thinks it is the true body of Christ
              five of the churches (of Revelation) are false churches

Lou, would you care to distinguish between what you mean by church and what the Lord Jesus means by ekklesian in Matthew 16:18?
              MOUNCE
              And I say to you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church (ekklēsian | ἐκκλησίαν | acc sg fem), and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Lou, two other questions:
              In A.D. 33 or 40 what would you guess were the total number of people who were the ekklēsian?
              In A.D 2018 what would you guess are the total number of people who are the ekklēsian?

Of the 7,000 faithful in Elijah's day Lou posted: I think that those that served God were few.
              Comment: I do not understand the Lord's use of the number 7,000 to imply only a few.
              Last edited by glen smith; April 4th, 2018, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Lou started this this topic about God's Hidden Army.
                Lou has changed the emphasis to army deserters.

Lou, would you care to support with scripture this statement?
                Moon is a type of the church

It seems for Lou the meaning of church is:
                focused on the world
                does not know of this true body of Christ, for it thinks it is the true body of Christ
                five of the churches (of Revelation) are false churches

Lou, would you care to distinguish between what you mean by church and what the Lord Jesus means by ekklesian in Matthew 16:18?
                MOUNCE
                And I say to you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church (ekklēsian | ἐκκλησίαν | acc sg fem), and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Lou, two other questions:
                In A.D. 33 or 40 what would you guess were the total number of people who were the ekklēsian?
                In A.D 2018 what would you guess are the total number of people who are the ekklēsian?

Of the 7,000 faithful in Elijah's day Lou posted: I think that those that served God were few.
                Comment: I do not understand the Lord's use of the number 7,000 to imply only a few.
                After being up till 12:30 organizing medical records and then getting up at 6 AM before driving up to Cleveland in high winds and sleet, then walking from station to station at this huge hospital,and then drivng back home, I am too tired to comment tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post
                  I just heard today that Peter was often pictured as fat because John beat him to the tomb. But yet Peter was the one who swam a great distance to get to the shore when Jesus revealed himself to them. I hope that was just an error, but somehow, I seem to catch many and many more every time I go. I think God points these things out to me to show me that he helps me see things, as well as to point out I'm just the same way.
                  Given the dietary conditions of times previous to the modern time, there were very few who could afford to be fat. Obtaining and preparing food required much time and money or wealth. I forget the historical period, but there was a period when beauty was seen in being fat because fatness expressed wealth. You can recognize this by the art of the period. I would suggest that nearly all the peasant population of the first century would have been under weight by modern standards. Farmers, fishermen, shepherds, craftsmen all skinny.

You cannot walk everywhere you go and obtain and prepare enough food each day to become fat.

We believe John was in his late teens or early twenties while Peter was twice that age.
                  Age is the likely explanation for John being faster than Peter –rather than obesity.

Proposing that Peter was fat is just ignorant provincialism of the modern idiot –- just as is some of what is attributed to the Lord Jesus. History is not dates and events. History is feeling what is described at a particular date and event to the point of achieving the expertise of being there. One of the main things that made the Ken Burns film on the Civil War so very outstanding were the historians like Shelby Foote who could allow us to feel what the participants in the war were feeling and seeing.

Burns accompanied his screen shots with the music of the period which enhanced our experience of the war. The song Lorena written by reverend Webster, was a song the southern generals prohibited in the camps because every time it was played there were a host of desertions, so said Shelby Foote. The song also plays in Lonesome Dove when Gus is on his death bed. The music is coming through the window from the salon across the street. Hear the song at sites below.

In 1882 a town named Lorena was founded south of Waco, Texas on what is now I-35.

The name has not any relationship to the song unless the lady, Lorena Westbrook, for whom the town was named, was named after the song which is possible. But Lorena Westbrook is not what I feel when passing through the town but it is the escape from horror and death to paradise and peace this song expresses.

History or the proper understanding of the Bible is more than knowing John out paced Peter to the tomb. One also needs to know that Peter entered the tomb first and how this represents the differences in how the two men felt. John who is loved and is presented Mary, the mother of Jesus, into his care and Peter who had denied him thrice. One man felt affirmed and confident waited at the entrance - the other desperate and forlorn grasping at a reality for which he dared not hope ran headlong into whatever waited in the tomb. For Peter, everything about himself and life depended upon an empty tomb! He had already been told by the women that the tomb was empty, but that was not enough. An empty tomb means we all have a second chance which provides hope for ourselves just as the empty tomb provided a second chance for Peter. It is not the virgin birth, the crucifixion, or the ascension that drives us to our knees, but an empty tomb testified to by eye witnesses which announces hope.

We ought to rename Easter as The Day of the Empty Tomb.

Listen here the song Lorena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijdBSFBC284

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNKH0awd3G4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6KV7p32wE0
                  Last edited by glen smith; April 6th, 2018, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X