From one of my favorite teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From one of my favorite teachers

You can not separate the King from the Servant.

You can not separate the Eagle from the Man.

You can not separate the Father from the Son.

You can not separate the Holy Spirit from any of these.

God can not be or appear as The Father only.

God can not appear as The Son only.

God can not be The Son, without also being The Father. If Jesus was only a Man, His blood would have done us no good.

God can not be God in any way, without being also The Son. God could not be our redeemer without being born of a woman.

God is Spirit, you can not take the Spirit of God out of God.

The Father, is also The Son. The Father is also The Holy Spirit, or He would not be God. He would be lacking. God is always complete for all time and everywhere that He has His being.

The Son lacks nothing, He is fully God and fully Man. If the Father did not go to the cross for us, we are not saved.

The Father lacks nothing, He is fully God. If The Son of Man did not die on that cross for us, no one is saved.

If Jesus is not The King, then who is He.

If Jesus is not The Servant of all, then who is.

If Jesus is not fully Man, we are lost in our sins.

If Jesus is Not FULLY God, we are not saved.

I do not think that anyone has to aware of all this as true to be saved.

But how can anyone be saved if this is not all true.

-Lou Newton
    April 2010
    You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
    - Paul Washer
    Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
    - Lou Newton

Originally posted by Jules View Post
    You can not separate the King from the Servant.

You can not separate the Eagle from the Man.

You can not separate the Father from the Son.

You can not separate the Holy Spirit from any of these.

God can not be or appear as The Father only.

God can not appear as The Son only.

God can not be The Son, without also being The Father. If Jesus was only a Man, His blood would have done us no good.

God can not be God in any way, without being also The Son. God could not be our redeemer without being born of a woman.

God is Spirit, you can not take the Spirit of God out of God.

The Father, is also The Son. The Father is also The Holy Spirit, or He would not be God. He would be lacking. God is always complete for all time and everywhere that He has His being.

The Son lacks nothing, He is fully God and fully Man. If the Father did not go to the cross for us, we are not saved.

The Father lacks nothing, He is fully God. If The Son of Man did not die on that cross for us, no one is saved.

If Jesus is not The King, then who is He.

If Jesus is not The Servant of all, then who is.

If Jesus is not fully Man, we are lost in our sins.

If Jesus is Not FULLY God, we are not saved.

I do not think that anyone has to aware of all this as true to be saved.

But how can anyone be saved if this is not all true.

-Lou Newton
    April 2010
    Thank you so very much Jules. Proof that I did not write this on my own, is the fact that I did not recognize my own writing. I did not know who wrote this until I got to the end and seen my own name. I have just been blessed by what The Holy Spirit wrote through my own keyboard.

Here is more evidence of this truth:

Isaiah 9 GNV

6 For unto us a child is born, and unto us a Son is given: and the government is upon his shoulder, and he shall call his name, Wonderful Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The prince of peace.

The Wonderful Counselor is the Holy Spirit. Notice who calls this child these Names, the he in this verse is God. The Holy Spirit is always my counselor. He is the very best Teacher there is. I have heard men boast of this teacher or that teacher that were only mere men. But The Holy Spirit puts them all to shame.

The Everlasting Father is The One and Only Father that created everything that exists, so is the Father of all. Everlasting means Jesus always was the Father and always will be the Father.

John 14:9
    Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

The prince of peace is the child that was born of a woman. God Almighty came down from heaven to be born of a woman to become one of us. He did this so that He could shed His blood for our sin by dying for us. God is LIFE and Life can not die. So He had to become a Man so that He could die for us. Notice that the Manhood of Jesus did not die until He gave up the Spirit. The Spirit of God had to leave His manhood so that He could die. This brought pain beyond anything we can ever experience.

Matthew 27 NIV
    The Death of Jesus

45 From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. 46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

( Note from Lou - this was the real pain of the cross. Being separated from His Godhood and His Godhood being separated from His Manhood. Would you want to leave someone you loved so dearly. God loved His Only begotten Son and His Only begotten Son loved Him. Notice begotten means born of a woman. The Only begotten Son of God is The Manhood of Jesus )

47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”

48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. 49 The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.”

50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

John 19 NIV The Death of Jesus

28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Luke 23 NIV

44 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

Read the gospels and see the miracles that are constantly taking place. Why are miracles not common in the church today ? Has the church brought salvation unto our nation ?

2 Chronicles 7 NIV

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Notice that God is referring to the people who are CALLED by His Name. Notice they must give up their wicked ways before He will heal their land. What are the wicked ways of the people who are called Christians in our nation ?

Read the OT and see that God accuses His people of Idolatry constantly. Also notice that His people constantly claim they are not guilty of Idolatry. Is God the liar or are we liars ? We are the liars, not God. What idolatry are we guilty of ?

The Pope is the one who started the Trinity doctrine. The Romans believed in a family of gods. So the Pope wanted a family of gods to replace their gods with. So he gave them God the Father, Mary the mother of God, and Jesus the son of God as three separate persons.

The Pope claimed the Athanasian creed as reason to do this. But the original Athanasian creed states that there is the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit, But He is NOT three but One. Of course Mary is not mentioned in the creed. Mary was fully a woman and not God in any way. She had to be only a woman. Jesus had God for His Father and a woman for His mother. He was both fully God and fully a Man. Mary had to be only a woman.

God is NOT three persons. God is One person. He appears in different ways to us, but no matter how He appears, He is always the same One and Only God, our Creator.

Isaiah 43 NIV

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
    “and my servant whom I have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.
    11 I, even I, am the Lord,
    and apart from me there is no savior.

There is no Savior except for God our Father. God did not send someone else to die for us. He came to die for us Himself. Of course He had to become a Man to be able to die for us since He is LIFE. Think of how humble God is to come down from heaven and be born of a woman and become a Man. His mother had to change His diapers and bath Him. Even more, His human body was susceptible to death.

When asked what was the most important command of God Jesus answered this was:

Mark 12 NIV The Greatest Commandment

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one

Jesus is The Creator and could have said The Lord our God is Trinity, or The Lord our God is Three in One. But Jesus said The Lord our God is One.

Men try to improve on what Jesus said. Jesus is perfect and His words can not be improved upon.

The great idolatry of the church is to teach that God is three persons. There is not one place in the original Hebrew or Greek where God even uses the number three to describe Himself. But God says over and over all through the Bible that He is One. There is One and Only One God.

Jesus is demoted to a lesser god by the RCC. If Jesus is not the Supreme God Almighty, He is not God at all.

Philippians 2 NIV

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

The Name of Jesus is the very Highest name of God. If that is not true, the above passage is not true.

The name of Jesus is the Highest name of God because Jesus displayed God's highest nature.

Jesus did not demand the title God Almighty even though He was and is. Jesus did not demand to be called Prophet, Apostle, or Pastor like many men do today. He simply went by His name Jesus.

God is so humble that He came down from heaven and was born of a woman to become a Man. He walked around this earth as a Man and allowed mere men to nail Him to cross so He could die a criminals death to pay for our sin. He who knew no sin did this for us who are sinners.

You can not be more humble than that. Despite that, mere men, who claim they are His servants ,walk around in great arrogance making all kind of claims in His Name.

That is why our nation is not healed. We are the liars, not God.

The miracle Jesus preformed the most was to heal the blind. Notice that Jesus healed every single person who confessed they were blind. Also notice that Jesus told the Pharisees that they remained blind because they claimed they could see. I fall on my knees everyday and confess to Jesus that I am blind and ask Him to give me sight. He has never failed once to give me sight when I confess that I am blind.

Jude

24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

His bond servant
    Lou Newton
    Last edited by Lou Newton; December 29, 2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I received this email from Glen:

Glen B Smith
      To:Lou Newton

Dec 31 at 8:00 AM

Jesus as God Used by Early Church Fathers

New Testament texts use the Greek word for god (theos) to refer to the Lord Jesus.

In the second century the Christian writers used this Greek word for god (theos) to refer to Jesus. They are Irenaeus of Lyons, Ignatius, Justin martyr, Melito, and Athenagoras. Ignatius wrote seven epistkes (epistles)on his way to martyrdom in Rome about A.D.110 -117. He repeatedly condemned the Docetists who denied that the Lord Jesus had a body of human flesh. He referred to Jesus Christ as God (Theos) about a dozen times. The Ignatius Epistle to the Ephesians refers to “Jesus Christ our Lord” is “God in the flesh” (Epistle by Ignatius to the Ephesians 7:2).

See the complete article at this site:

http://www.equip.org/PDF/JAJ200.pdf

Comment

I received this email from Glen:

Glen B Smith
        To:Lou Newton

Dec 31 at 7:58 AM

Deity of Jesus Scriptures ESV

The Bible reveals that Jesus is deity in verses such as:

John 1:1
        In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:3
        All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:18
        18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

John 5:18-23
        18 This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. 19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. 21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. 22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

John 8:24
        I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58
        Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

John 10:30
        I and the Father are one.”

John 14:9
        Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 20:28
        Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 20:28
        Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.

Romans 9:5
        5 To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

Romans 10:9-13
        9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Colossians 2:9
        For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

Titus 2:13
        13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:8
        8But of the Son he says,
        “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
        the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

2 Peter 1:1
        Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
        To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ

1 John 5:20
        And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Revelation 1:17-18
        17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

Revelation 22:12-13
        “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Comment

Lou Newton said, "...We are the liars, not God..."
          These few words.
          They say everything we need to know about the world we live in. Well, maybe not everything, but they sure jumped out at me this morning.
          Thank you, Lou, for your posts. Now you know I've been hoarding and reading your words for many years.
          You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
          - Paul Washer
          Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
          - Lou Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
            Lou Newton said, "...We are the liars, not God..."
            These few words.
            They say everything we need to know about the world we live in. Well, maybe not everything, but they sure jumped out at me this morning.
            Thank you, Lou, for your posts. Now you know I've been hoarding and reading your words for many years.
            Thank you so very much for the reply Jules. I assure you that anything that I write of myself is worth less than nothing, but is as dung. BUT anything that His Holy Spirit inspires me to write is worth far more than gold.

Comment

Working...
            X