-Smith Wigglesworth.

"God wants to purify our minds until we can bear all things,
    believe all things, hope all things and endure all things. God
    dwells in you, but you cannot have this divine power until you live
    and walk in the Holy Ghost, until the power of the new life is
    greater than the old life."
    -Smith Wigglesworth

"Great faith is the product of great fights. Great testimonies are
    the outcome of great tests. Great triumphs can only come out of great trials."

-Smith Wigglesworth

"In me is working a power stronger than every other power. The
    life that is in me is a thousand times bigger than I am outside."
    -Smith Wigglesworth

"And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in
    their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and
    healing every disease and every affliction."
    -Matthew 9:35

-Smith Wigglesworth

Who had the greatest triumph of any Man ? Jesus did, when He conquered death and sin. Who has endured a greater trial than the garden and the cross ?

Can anyone lost other fights, tests, and trails that resulted in great faith, great testimonies, and great triumphs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
      GREAT QUOTES from WIGGLESWORTH

"The Lord would so cleanse the motive and desires of our hearts
      that we will seek but one thing only, and that is, His glory."
      -Smith Wigglesworth

"There is nothing impossible with God. All the impossibility is with
      us when we measure God by the limitations of our unbelief."
      -Smith Wigglesworth.

"God wants to purify our minds until we can bear all things,
      believe all things, hope all things and endure all things. God
      dwells in you, but you cannot have this divine power until you live
      and walk in the Holy Ghost, until the power of the new life is
      greater than the old life."
      -Smith Wigglesworth

-Smith Wigglesworth

"In me is working a power stronger than every other power. The
      life that is in me is a thousand times bigger than I am outside."
      -Smith Wigglesworth

"And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in
      their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and
      healing every disease and every affliction."
      -Matthew 9:35
      Interesting that you would bring up Smith Wigglesworth. I was just thinking about him yesterday for the first time in many years. If I recall correctly, there were at least 14 testimonies of God raising the dead through the laying on of Smith's hands. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Blane

Comment

Hi Blane,
        I often pray for you and your family. I didn't know that about Wigglesworth. Thanks for the information. Blessings. .... Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

-Smith Wigglesworth

Who had the greatest triumph of any Man ? Jesus did, when He conquered death and sin. Who has endured a greater trial than the garden and the cross ?

Can anyone lost other fights, tests, and trails that resulted in great faith, great testimonies, and great triumphs ?
          Amen to that Lou. Our tests are able to include Him and we can be comforted by Him. But He endured His trial alone and abandoned. What trial can compare to that? Thanks for pointing it out Lou. ..... Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post

Interesting that you would bring up Smith Wigglesworth. I was just thinking about him yesterday for the first time in many years. If I recall correctly, there were at least 14 testimonies of God raising the dead through the laying on of Smith's hands. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Blane

So good to hear from you Blane. We think of you and pray for you often.

Amen, God is certainly the same yesterday and today. So many claim that God has changed and does not do things today as He did long ago.

God has proven to me that He still does miracles. I can not deny these miracles, and if I tried, it would be a very big lie.

I will not list them all here, but here is the first one that I can recall this morning:

Before I gave my life to my Creator, I was diagnosed with bleeding ulcers by X-ray tests. They were very painful and kept me in almost continual pain. I went to a New Years Eve party at my sister's house and a elder of their church approached me and was talking to me. He asked me if i was in pain ( I was in great pain). I said, yes and told him about my ulcers. He asked me if I believed that God could heal them. I said IF there is a God, I am sure He can heal. He asked me if he could pray for me. I thought he meant for us to go into a private room and pray, and said yes. He started praying out loud right there in the crowded room. Then all the people in the room gathered around us and laid hands of us and started praying in tongues. I was embarrassed. So Bob ( the elder) led me in the sinner's prayer. I repeated each phrase he said, except whenever he said God. I said, God if you are there. But almost immediately I was stunned by a feeling that something like warm energy was flowing into my stomach and the pain disappeared. Bob then said Lou, your stomach is getting really warm. I was so stunned that I was quiet the rest of the evening. I was stunned that maybe there was a God.

This was an answer to my prayers. I had been praying and asking God to reveal Himself to me, if he was real. He did just that.

But after The Lord Jesus has preformed many more like this in my life, I know that He not only exists, but still preforms miracles today. The Lord has preformed over a dozen miracles like this in my life, including healing a woman who was told she would die within the hour; and healing another woman whose heart was failing so bad that she could hardly draw breath and had been sent home from the hospital to die.

Both woman got up out of their death bed almost immediately and were praising The Lord Jesus.

Lou Newton

Comment

Glory to God I agree brother I have witnessed miracles lesser than those but still miracles.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post

Amen to that Lou. Our tests are able to include Him and we can be comforted by Him. But He endured His trial alone and abandoned. What trial can compare to that? Thanks for pointing it out Lou. ..... Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve.

That is a very good point. When we face any trial we are never alone. He is always with us, and we do not have the company of a mere men, who may be able to do nothing, but we have the company of the Creator of everything that exists. He proved to us that He is willing to help us by dying on the cross, and He proved He is able to help us by raising Himself from the dead.

But Jesus faced the cross while being abandoned by all that followed Him.

We know that Jesus can not lie and he said this:

Matthew 27
                The Death of Jesus

45 From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land.
                46About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,lemasabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).
                47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”
                48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink.
                49 The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.”
                50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
                51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split
                52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
                53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
                54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

Many yet today, who claim to believe in God, claim that Jesus was not God Almighty They say the reason they believe this, is the fact that God is Life and can not die.

BUT they are denying the power of God to be born of a woman and become a Man.

As to His Manhood, Jesus was a Man. Jesus came to show men how to live, and He often spoke as a Man, and as a man, He was a little lower than the angels.

But He also spoke and acted as God Almighty, and the Creator of everything that exists. There is but one Creator and one God.

As to His Godhood, Jesus was the One and Only Almighty God.

Comment

Amen Lou. The name above all names.

Comment

I remember hearing a story about Smith Wigglesworth, something along the lines of he was born without feet and the Lord lead someone to go lay hands on him and he grew feet. (For anyone who's skeptical, keep in mind this is God we're talking about.)

I actually started reading one of his books a few months ago called "Faith That Prevails". I liked what I had read. I need to get back to reading it....

Comment

Originally posted by The Knight View Post
                      I remember hearing a story about Smith Wigglesworth, something along the lines of he was born without feet and the Lord lead someone to go lay hands on him and he grew feet. (For anyone who's skeptical, keep in mind this is God we're talking about.)

I actually started reading one of his books a few months ago called "Faith That Prevails". I liked what I had read. I need to get back to reading it....

It is so good to have you comment here Karl, thanks.

You made me interested in Wigglesworth and no feet, so I looked it up and found this:

This is probably what you are remembering or heard of:

Smith Wigglesworth – “That You May Marvel”

Posted by: Revival History Tags: Posted date: October 24, 2011 | No comment

An excerpt from:
                      Smith Wigglesworth, The Secret Of His Power
                      by Albert Hibbert, page 33-34

While staying in the home of a curate of the local Church of England, [Wigglesworth] and the curate were sitting together talking after supper. No doubt the subject of their conversation was that the poor fellow had no legs. Artificial limbs in those days were unlike the sophisticated limbs of today. Wigglesworth said to the man quite suddenly (which he often did when ministering in cases like this), ‘Go and get a pair of new shoes in the morning.’

The poor fellow thought it was some kind of joke. However, after Wigglesworth and the curate had retired to their respective rooms for the night, God said to the curate, ‘Do as My servant hath said.’ What a designation for any person–My servant! God was identifying Himself with Wigglesworth.

There was no more sleep for the man that night. He rose up early, went downtown, and stood waiting for the shoe shop to open. The manager eventually arrived and opened the shop for business. The curate when in and sat down.

Presently and assistant came and said, ‘Good morning, sir. Can I help you?’

The man said, ‘Yes, would you get me a pair of shoes, please?’

‘Yes, sir. Size and color?’

‘The man hesitated. The assistant then saw his condition and said, ‘Sorry, sir. We can’t help you.’

‘Its all right, young man. But I do want a pair of shoes. Size 8, color black.’

The assistant went to get the requested shoes. A few minutes later he returned and handed them to the man. The man put one stump into a shoe, and instantly a foot and leg formed! Then the same thing happened with the other leg! He walked out of that shop, not only with a new pair of shoes, but also with a new pair of legs!

Wigglesworth was not surprised. He had expected the result. He often made remarks like this: ‘As far as God is concerned, there is no difference between forming a limb and healing a broken bone.’

**This is a fantastic book! We’ve posted links for the quoted book below since Amazon seems the easiest place for all of you to get the book who may not have it. Be blessed! God is so good!

Comment

Working...
                      X