X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good quotes from Ravenhill

Great RAVENHILL QUOTES

-Leonard Ravenhill.

"You can´t develop character by reading books. You develop it from conflict."

"Your doctrine can be as straight as a gun barrel-and just as empty!"

"John the Baptist never performed any miracles. Yet, he was greater

than any of the Old Testament prophets."

"There are only two kinds of persons: those dead in sin and those dead to sin."

"Maturity comes from obedience, not necessarily from age."

"Why do we expect to be better treated in this world than Jesus was?"

[Concerning one of the new "movements" in the church that was

causing a stir among Christians:] "There´s also a stir when the

circus comes to town."

"My main ambition in life is to be on the Devil´s most wanted list."

"When there´s something in the Bible that churches don´t like,

they call it `legalism.´"

"How can you pull down strongholds of Satan if you don´t even have

the strength to turn off your TV?"

"The last words of Jesus to the church (in Revelation) were `Repent!´"

I disagree with this statement of Ravenhill.

Luke 7

24 After John’s messengers left, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 25 If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear expensive clothes and indulge in luxury are in palaces. 26 But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 27 This is the one about whom it is written:

“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
    who will prepare your way before you.’

28I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

Jesus did not say John was the greatest of those born of women, but that none were greater than he.

Matthew 11

7 As John’s disciples were leaving, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 8 If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings’ palaces.9 Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:

11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Yet Ravenhill's point is still valid:

John did not preform any miracles, yet those that did preform miracles were not greater than John.

I can think of a couple of questions that someone might have about this post.

What are your thoughts about this ?

Comment

I am bumping this so someone who asked can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

I disagree with this statement of Ravenhill.

Luke 7

24 After John’s messengers left, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 25 If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear expensive clothes and indulge in luxury are in palaces. 26 But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 27 This is the one about whom it is written:

28I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

Jesus did not say John was the greatest of those born of women, but that none were greater than he.

Matthew 11

7 As John’s disciples were leaving, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 8 If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings’ palaces.9 Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:

11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Yet Ravenhill's point is still valid:

John did not preform any miracles, yet those that did preform miracles were not greater than John.

I can think of a couple of questions that someone might have about this post.

What are your thoughts about this ?
        Why was, no one born of women, greater than John ?

Comment

Working...
        X