Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the name of this song ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the name of this song ?

    Could you tell me the name of his song they are playing ?


  • #2
    It's “Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9”

    What beauty God has had the grace and mercy to give to mankind. Th creature glorifies the Creator.

    Just imagine how fantastic heaven will be to see, hear and even feel The Lord Jesus glorified by every single being in heaven.

    That will be heaven indeed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here are the words in English:
      Oh friends, not these sounds!
      Let us instead strike up more pleasing
      and more joyful ones!
      Joy!
      Joy!
      Joy, beautiful spark of divinity,
      Daughter from Elysium,
      We enter, burning with fervour,
      heavenly being, your sanctuary!
      Your magic brings together
      what custom has sternly divided.
      All men shall become brothers,
      wherever your gentle wings hover.
      Whoever has been lucky enough
      to become a friend to a friend,
      Whoever has found a beloved wife,
      let him join our songs of praise!
      Yes, and anyone who can call one soul
      his own on this earth!
      Any who cannot, let them slink away
      from this gathering in tears!
      Every creature drinks in joy
      at nature's breast;
      Good and Evil alike
      follow her trail of roses.
      She gives us kisses and wine,
      a true friend, even in death;
      Even the worm was given desire,
      and the cherub stands before God.
      Gladly, just as His suns hurtle
      through the glorious universe,
      So you, brothers, should run your course,
      joyfully, like a conquering hero.
      Be embraced, you millions!
      This kiss is for the whole world!
      Brothers, above the canopy of stars
      must dwell a loving father.

      Do you bow down before Him, you millions?
      Do you sense your Creator, O world?
      Seek Him above the canopy of stars!
      He must dwell beyond the stars.

      Comment


      • #4
        The music is known to the heart of believers. The lyrics are are to praise the Creator of the wonderful world.
        Unlike the modern Christian compositions which are about the creature and full of "I" and "me."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by glen smith View Post
          The music is known to the heart of believers. The lyrics are are to praise the Creator of the wonderful world.
          Unlike the modern Christian compositions which are about the creature and full of "I" and "me."
          How true Glen. When I listened to this, I did not remember who wrote it, or the name of it. I did not know the words, not even one of them.

          Yet I found that it brought tears to my eyes and I was praising The Lord as they sang. All I could think of was it would be so wonderful, far beyond my ability to imagine, to see and hear everyone without exception praise Jesus in heaven. How wonderful that there would be no voices mocking or finding fault with Him. But how fantastic it would be to hear Jesus being praised by everyone, and not only praised, but being praised by everyone with their whole being, and with all they possessed. We all look forward to that day.

          Comment


          • #6
            When I posted this, I did not know the name or the words. Yet I knew it praised The Lord, for I could sense this in my spirit.

            It tells the story of how Christians should spread the gospel. First only one little girl playing her song, and then a man joins in with his instrument. As they play, more and more join in, everyone playing a different instrument and playing a different part. In fact not even all violins play the same notes, but have different parts. But they are all looking at their leader and follow him. So they all harmonize and play a wonderful song together.

            If we all look to His Holy Spirit and follow Him we will do the same.

            If instead we all look to mere men and follow their rules we will play a song, but it will be dead and have no real life.

            Only the source, and giver of all life, can give life, for He is Life.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
              When I posted this, I did not know the name or the words. Yet I knew it praised The Lord, for I could sense this in my spirit.

              It tells the story of how Christians should spread the gospel. First only one little girl playing her song, and then a man joins in with his instrument. As they play, more and more join in, everyone playing a different instrument and playing a different part. In fact not even all violins play the same notes, but have different parts. But they are all looking at their leader and follow him. So they all harmonize and play a wonderful song together.

              If we all look to His Holy Spirit and follow Him we will do the same.

              If instead we all look to mere men and follow their rules we will play a song, but it will be dead and have no real life.

              Only the source, and giver of all life, can give life, for He is Life.
              This video I had watched previously with the same emotions and thoughts of which you write.
              I think it unusual that you were not exposed to this in your congregational music.
              Such an absences speaks to the spiritual poverty of the congregation's music.
              If my various denominational hymnals were not in storage I would provide page numbers of this music from different denominational hymnals.

              Denominational hymnals go through a committee screening process.
              These committees are made up of musicians and theologians.
              The authorized hymnals of a denomination will be quality music with lyrics supporting the denomination's doctrines and express orthodox beliefs. Hymns are an essential aspect of teaching.

              A favorite pastime for me is to read the lyrics of hymns from denominational hymnals.
              By the time hymns make to publishing in the hymnals of the mainline Protestant denominations the majority are better than most preaching and are biblical. Just as there are renowned preachers whose sermons we read there are renowned writers of lyrics.

              An example is Charles Wesley.
              If he wrote it you ought to read it.
              Here is "Depth of Mercy" with whose words I identify.

              Depth of mercy! Can there be
              Mercy still reserved for me?
              Can my God His wrath forbear,
              Me, the chief of sinners, spare?

              I have long withstood His grace,
              Long provoked Him to His face,
              Would not hearken to His calls,
              Grieved Him by a thousand falls.

              I have spilt His precious blood,
              Trampled on the Son of God,
              Filled with pangs unspeakable,
              I, who yet am not in hell!

              I my Master have denied,
              I afresh have crucified,
              And profaned His hallowed Name,
              Put Him to an open shame.

              Whence to me this waste of love?
              Ask my Advocate above!
              See the cause in Jesus' face,
              Now before the throne of grace.

              Jesus, answer from above,
              Is not all Thy nature love?
              Wilt Thou not the wrong forget,
              Permit me to kiss Thy feet?

              If I rightly read Thy heart,
              If Thou all compassion art,
              Bow Thine ear, in mercy bow,
              Pardon and accept me now.

              Jesus speaks, and pleads His blood!
              He disarms the wrath of God;
              Now my Father's mercies move,
              Justice lingers into love.

              Kindled His relentings are,
              Me He now delights to spare,
              Cries, "How shall I give thee up?"
              Lets the lifted thunder drop.

              Lo! I still walk on the ground:
              Lo! an Advocate is found:
              "Hasten not to cut Him down,
              Let this barren soul alone."

              There for me the Savior stands,
              Shows His wounds and spreads His hands.
              God is love! I know, I feel;
              Jesus weeps and loves me still.

              Pity from Thine eye let fall,
              By a look my soul recall;
              Now the stone to flesh convert,
              Cast a look, and break my heart.

              Now incline me to repent,
              Let me now my sins lament,
              Now my foul revolt deplore,
              Weep, believe, and sin no more.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by glen smith View Post

                This video I had watched previously with the same emotions and thoughts of which you write.
                I think it unusual that you were not exposed to this in your congregational music.
                Such an absences speaks to the spiritual poverty of the congregation's music.
                If my various denominational hymnals were not in storage I would provide page numbers of this music from different denominational hymnals.

                Denominational hymnals go through a committee screening process.
                These committees are made up of musicians and theologians.
                The authorized hymnals of a denomination will be quality music with lyrics supporting the denomination's doctrines and express orthodox beliefs. Hymns are an essential aspect of teaching.

                A favorite pastime for me is to read the lyrics of hymns from denominational hymnals.
                By the time hymns make to publishing in the hymnals of the mainline Protestant denominations the majority are better than most preaching and are biblical. Just as there are renowned preachers whose sermons we read there are renowned writers of lyrics.

                An example is Charles Wesley.
                If he wrote it you ought to read it.
                Here is "Depth of Mercy" with whose words I identify.

                Depth of mercy! Can there be
                Mercy still reserved for me?
                Can my God His wrath forbear,
                Me, the chief of sinners, spare?

                I have long withstood His grace,
                Long provoked Him to His face,
                Would not hearken to His calls,
                Grieved Him by a thousand falls.

                I have spilt His precious blood,
                Trampled on the Son of God,
                Filled with pangs unspeakable,
                I, who yet am not in hell!

                I my Master have denied,
                I afresh have crucified,
                And profaned His hallowed Name,
                Put Him to an open shame.

                Whence to me this waste of love?
                Ask my Advocate above!
                See the cause in Jesus' face,
                Now before the throne of grace.

                Jesus, answer from above,
                Is not all Thy nature love?
                Wilt Thou not the wrong forget,
                Permit me to kiss Thy feet?

                If I rightly read Thy heart,
                If Thou all compassion art,
                Bow Thine ear, in mercy bow,
                Pardon and accept me now.

                Jesus speaks, and pleads His blood!
                He disarms the wrath of God;
                Now my Father's mercies move,
                Justice lingers into love.

                Kindled His relentings are,
                Me He now delights to spare,
                Cries, "How shall I give thee up?"
                Lets the lifted thunder drop.

                Lo! I still walk on the ground:
                Lo! an Advocate is found:
                "Hasten not to cut Him down,
                Let this barren soul alone."

                There for me the Savior stands,
                Shows His wounds and spreads His hands.
                God is love! I know, I feel;
                Jesus weeps and loves me still.

                Pity from Thine eye let fall,
                By a look my soul recall;
                Now the stone to flesh convert,
                Cast a look, and break my heart.

                Now incline me to repent,
                Let me now my sins lament,
                Now my foul revolt deplore,
                Weep, believe, and sin no more.
                These words seem to be written for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

                  These words seem to be written for me.
                  Amen, I know how you feel.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X