Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Godhood of Jesus die on the cross ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Godhood of Jesus die on the cross ?

Colossians 1 - TLB

20 It was through what his Son did that God cleared a path for everything to come to him—all things in heaven and on earth—for Christ’s death on the cross has made peace with God for all by his blood. 21 This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies and hated him and were separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions, yet now he has brought you back as his friends. 22He has done this through the death on the cross of his own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are standing there before him with nothing left against you—nothing left that he could even chide you for; 23 the only condition is that you fully believe the Truth, standing in it steadfast and firm, strong in the Lord, convinced of the Good News that Jesus died for you, and never shifting from trusting him to save you.
    John 14 - TLB
    6 Jesus told him, “I am the Way—yes, and the Truth and the Life. No one can get to the Father except by means of me. 7 If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him—and have seen him!”
    The Holy Spirit states, through Paul, that it was only the human body of Jesus that died on the cross.

Jesus said I AM THE LIFE. God The Father, told Moses that, I AM, was His Name. Jesus also said He is THE LIFE. That means that the Godhood of Jesus is the One and Only source of Life. If the Godhood of Jesus would have died on the cross all life would have been lost.

But praise His Holy Name; the Life of the Godhood of Jesus is indestructible as God states in Hebrews:

Hebrews 7 (NIV)

Melchizedek the Priest

7 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him,2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3 Without father or mother, without genealogy,without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.
    NOTE: There is no end of life to Melchizedek and therefore also Jesus

4Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder! 5 Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people—that is, from their fellow Israelites—even though they also are descended from Abraham.6 This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 And without doubt the lesser is blessed by the greater. 8 In the one case, the tenth is collected by people who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living. 9 One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham, 10 because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor.

Jesus Like Melchizedek

11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also. 13 He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah,and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. 15 And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16 one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life.17 For it is declared:
    NOTE: So The Holy Spirit states above that Melchizedek and Jesus had the power of an indestructible life. So The Godhood of Jesus could not die. Of course Jesus was both God and Man and His manhood could and did die.

“You are a priest forever,
    in the order of Melchizedek.”
    NOTE: Jesus and Melchizedek are Priest forever. That means Jesus had no beginning and no end to His Priesthood. His Godhood never died on the cross but His human body died. If the Godhood of Jesus had died ( which is impossible) then He would not have been a Priest forever. Forever has no beginning and no end.

18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20 And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21 but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:

“The Lord has sworn
    and will not change his mind:
    ‘You are a priest forever.’”

22 Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.

23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[c]those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.
    We can see from all these passages that Jesus was both God and Man. His Manhood was a little lower than the angels and died on the cross. The Godhood of Jesus raised the Manhood of Jesus from the grave.

John 2 - NIV
    Jesus Clears the Temple Courts

13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”

18 The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?”

19Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”
    Now the Manhood of Jesus was dead in the grave and could not raise Himself to life. But the Godhood of Jesus is Life and can not die. The Godhood of Jesus raised His human body from the grave. The Godhood of Jesus never died, and can not die, because He is Life itself.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; July 17th, 2018, 08:00 PM.

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

The Holy Spirit states, through Paul, that it was only the human body of Jesus that died on the cross.

Jesus said I AM THE LIFE. God The Father, told Moses that, I AM, was His Name. Jesus also said He is THE LIFE. That means that the Godhood of Jesus is the One and Only source of Life. If the Godhood of Jesus would have died on the cross all life would have been lost.

But praise His Holy Name; the Life of the Godhood of Jesus is indestructible as God states in Hebrews:

We can see from all these passages that Jesus was both God and Man. His Manhood was a little lower than the angels and died on the cross. The Godhood of Jesus raised the Manhood of Jesus from the grave.

Now the Manhood of Jesus was dead in the grave and could not raise Himself to life. But the Godhood of Jesus is Life and can not die. The Godhood of Jesus raised His human body from the grave. The Godhood of Jesus never died, and can not die, because He is Life itself.
    Seems obvious, but always good to go over the obvious. Is the 1st quote of colossians in niv form or living bible?

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

Seems obvious, but always good to go over the obvious. Is the 1st quote of colossians in niv form or living bible?
      TLB, Tom.

It is obvious to those who read the Holy Scriptures seeking for God to reveal truth to them. But those who are seeking to justify their doctrines will not see this obvious truth.

BTW, please read post # 1 again, I have made changes to it.

Comment

I would think someone would have a question or comment about this issue. You can send me an email, or ask on Facebook if you are not a member.

Comment

Working...
        X