Why did God create the world ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did God create the world ?

If God in the trinity had no beginning and existed before creation did he become very curious essentially or wanted new experiences and that’s why he created the universe?

Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

1st of all there is no place in the Holy Scriptures where God refers to Himself as a Trinity. Not one place in the ancient manuscripts where He uses the number 3 to refer to Himself. God always calls Himself ONE. Jesus said this is the most important command of God:

Mark 12 NIV

“ 28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. “

Jesus is The Creator and He certainly was able to think of the word Trinity or three in one, but Jesus said ONE.

We also have this in Isaiah 9 GNV about the child Jesus:

“ 6 For unto us a child is born, and unto us a Son is given: and the government is upon his shoulder, and he shall call his name, Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The prince of peace. "

And this in Isaiah 43 NIV

" 10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
    “and my servant whom I have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.
    11 I, even I, am the Lord,
    and apart from me there is no savior."

I am a son, a brother, a husband, and a father. But I am not four persons, but I am one person who does four jobs. There is the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit but He is not three persons, but one person. God our Creator and our Father came down from heaven and was born of a woman to become one of us so that He could die for our sins. Jesus is both God and Man. Sometimes He speaks in the Bible as a man and sometimes He speaks as God Almighty.

But as to why did God create the world:

God created the world for a place for man to live. He created man because He wanted someone to love and to love Him. We know this is true because God states this:

Ephesians 1 (TLB)

“ 1 Dear Christian friends at Ephesus, ever loyal to the Lord: This is Paul writing to you, chosen by God to be Jesus Christ’s messenger. 2 May his blessings and peace be yours, sent to you from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

3 How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every blessing in heaven because we belong to Christ.

4 Long ago, even before he made the world, God chose us to be his very own through what Christ would do for us; he decided then to make us holy in his eyes, without a single fault—we who stand before him covered with his love. 5 His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us. And he did this because he wanted to!

6 Now all praise to God for his wonderful kindness to us and his favor that he has poured out upon us because we belong to his dearly loved Son. 7 So overflowing is his kindness toward us that he took away all our sins through the blood of his Son, by whom we are saved; 8 and he has showered down upon us the richness of his grace—for how well he understands us and knows what is best for us at all times.

9 God has told us his secret reason for sending Christ, a plan he decided on in mercy long ago; 10 and this was his purpose: that when the time is ripe he will gather us all together from wherever we are—in heaven or on earth—to be with him in Christ forever. 11 Moreover, because of what Christ has done, we have become gifts to God that he delights in, for as part of God’s sovereign plan we were chosen from the beginning to be his, and all things happen just as he decided long ago “

Think about it. No matter how great you were, would you want to be the only one like you. Would you not want a beautiful wife and sons and daughters to love and love you.

Romans 8 TLB

" 28 And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans.

29 For from the very beginning God decided that those who came to him—and all along he knew who would—should become like his Son, so that his Son would be the First, with many brothers. 30 And having chosen us, he called us to come to him; and when we came, he declared us “not guilty,” filled us with Christ’s goodness, gave us right standing with himself, and promised us his glory. "
Working...
X