Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Bible the word of God, or the word from God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Bible the word of God, or the word from God?

Is the Bible the word of God, or the word from God?

Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher

The Bible is neither the Word of God or the Word from God. The Bible is The Holy Scriptures that was written down by men inspired by The Holy Spirit of God.

Jesus called the Bible The Holy Scriptures. Are we not to do as Jesus did ? You can not do better than what Jesus did.

Romans 1:2 NIV

“the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures

2 Timothy 3:15 NIV

“and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. “

John 5 NIV

36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Notice that Jesus tells the Pharisees that The Word does not dwell in them. A Book, or a scroll can not dwell in them. But The Holy Spirit of The Word, who is Jesus, can dwell in a person. Jesus calls them The Scriptures, not The Word.

The Scriptures call Jesus The Word:

John 1 NIV

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Revelation 19:13

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

So The Holy Scriptures clearly tell us that Jesus is The Word of God. Now Jesus is The Creator of everything that exists. The Holy Scriptures are paper and ink and part of His creation. We are not to worship, or revere His creation, but we are to revere The Creator alone.

The Book is not alive, but The Word of God is alive. The Book can not talk or act. Jesus can walk and talk with us. We look in the Book to read about Jesus and the words He spoke. His Holy Spirit can speak to us when we read His words. But it is not the book talking, it is His Holy Spirit speaking His words to us.

Mere men hold the Bible up and claim they preach nothing but the Word of God. That is blasphemy. God does not speak at their will, but God speaks when and where He wills. A man can read from the bible and IF God wills, He can speak to the people hearing His words. That is the Word of God speaking while a man is reading the words spoke by God.

Men read translations of what God spoke, not the actual words that God spoke. Men can change the meaning the way they read it. Only God can speak His words the way He means them.

Further proof that the Bible is NOT The Word of God is this. Many groups of men read the Bible and many groups disagree to what God meant by His words. The Word of God never changes and can not mean different things.

God clearly tells us that Jesus is the Word of God. To call anything other than Jesus by His Name is blasphemy. Christ alone is The Word of God and nothing in all of heaven and earth compares to Him. Not even His Holy Scriptures.

Answer requested by Jen ............

I wrote this article. Certainly you would not call these words, Lou newton would you. These words can not speak, but The Holy Spirit can speak them to you if you seek Him and He wills to speak them to you.

I have more Bibles than I can count. I study His Holy Scriptures everyday. But no man can understand The Holy Scriptures unless they seek The Author of The Book and He reveals what they mean.

Seek The Word of God when you read His Holy Scriptures. The Book can not save, but He can.

A Sinner saved by Grace Alone
    His Bond Servant
    Lou Newton
    Last edited by Lou Newton; March 2, 2020, 10:00 PM.
Working...
X