Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does “a tree begins with a seed” mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does “a tree begins with a seed” mean?

What does “a tree begins with a seed” mean?

Lou Newton

Unless a seed falls to the ground and dies and is buried, it will not bring forth new life. The creation reveals the glory of God. Every seed that falls to the ground is an illustration that something innocent has to die and be buried to bring forth new life.

God, the Creator of everything that exists, came down from heaven and was born of a woman to become one of us. His Manhood was the Only Begotten Son of God. ( Begotten means born of a woman) His Godhood was The One and Only God Almighty, the Creator of everything that exists.

God is Life and Life can not die. So God became a Man so that he could die for us to pay for our sins. He planned on doing this before He created men. He did this so that we would know that he loves us.

Jesus was innocent and laid down His life for us so that w could be forgiven. He was buried and raised Himself from the dead so that we could be raised to life after death.

John 12 NIV

23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

Ron ...........

Seeds that “bring forth new life” aren't in any sense “dead.” They don't sacrifice themselves by any stretch of the imagination; the seed becomes the plant. The bible is a bad source of biology and botany. And parables don't always make much sense.

Lou Newton
    Original Author

Hi Ron, thanks for your reply. Seeds are not animals and do not have life in the same form as animals do. The seed has to normally fall to the ground and be BURIED to bring forth new life. That is a shadow of death. A shadow resembles the object it is cast from, but it is not the same level. My shadow resembles me, but no one calls it by my name. You can not create a star or cause life to take place. You can not keep your self from getting bald or getting sick, or dying. Yet you act as though you understand these things. Stand in the path of a tornado and command it to stop and I will then consider your comments far more.

The parables in the Bible make no sense to those who are not born again with God's Holy Spirit. The spiritual is foolishness to those who are dead in the spirit. Once a person is brought to life in their spirit they than have eyes to see.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; July 29, 2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Ron .................

You're tangled up in pretzel logic. Plants are alive. Period. Nothing in the passage suggests that there is a contrast with animals. I'm also not aware that someone needs to be already inspired by faith in order to understand the bible. Quite the contrary: it seems like the bible should be clear so that it inspires faith in those who don't already possess it. You're guilty of a logical fallacy called "special pleading."

As for my being tested by stopping a tornado, that's just silly. No one can do that. One might ask why tornadoes kill the faithful in as large numbers—even more often—than they kill the faithless. But that's another discussion for another day.

Lou Newton
      Original Author
      Hi Ron, I certainly never even implied that plants were not alive. BUT certainly plants do not have the same kind of life that animals have. Plants do not have a soul, or an intellect, will, or emotions. They can not run like an animal. Their biology is vastly different.

If you can not see that a seed falling to the ground and being buried to bring forth new life is a shadow of death, then I can not help you.

My logic is not tangled. I took an IQ test and scored off of the chart. So they sent me for a more difficult one in which I also scored off of the chart. So they sent me for a 3rd more difficult test in which I scored off of the chart again. I scored very very high in logic, math, and abstract reasoning. I think your reasoning is flawed.

The Bible is written for mere men to seek God. If someone reads it and mocks God instead of seeking the truth they will remain blind. Certainly we, the created, can not understand The Creator. Certainly the Creator is far beyond our understanding. The Bible has no power of it’s own. It is mere paper and ink. The Author of The Bible has all power and Authority. The Bible was written for those seeking the Truth. If a man reads it and seeks the Truth and humbles himself and asks God to reveal Himself to him, God will reveal Himself to that man. I know He revealed Himself to me.

You can claim that God’s actions are wrong all day long. But you are not God and that is like your dog calling you an idiot. I would think you are far smarter than your dog. But the nature of God is far beyond your and my understanding.

Romans 11 NIV

32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Doxology

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
      How unsearchable his judgments,
      and his paths beyond tracing out!
      34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
      Or who has been his counselor?”
      35 “Who has ever given to God,
      that God should repay them?”[
      36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
      To him be the glory forever! Amen.

BTW I have been it two tornadoes during my life so far. The first one I was a very small child. My parents came to our room and yelled get to the basement. My sister who was older got up and followed them to the basement. I was still half asleep and could not understand, so they left me there alone. The tornado came straight down our street and took out all of the very large trees on both sides of the street but did not touch our house. I had never been more scared in my life. The windows shook so much I thought they would surely break. But I was not harmed in the least.

I was in my 40’s for the 2nd one. I was at my parents house and heard a very loud noise that sounded like a train that was very very close. I yelled for everyone to get the basement. I went out on the deck and seen a large funnel destroy the barn across the field from us. I witnessed a man standing on our deck rebuke that tornado in the Name of Jesus. To my amazement the tornado made a 90 degree left turn and destroy a barn across the road from us. It then made another 90 degree turn to the right and destroyed another barn and made another 90 degree turn to the right and traveled back across the road and turned 90 degrees to the left. It then went down the original path it was on. It traveled in that direction for miles and killed 169 people? That tornado went right around our house. My dads house was totally unharmed. Not even a tree lost one limb. But we all looked and there was one long stem yellow rose in the middle of the yard. My sister picked it up and it was not missing one petal. My Dad had no yellow roses on his property.

You can doubt, mock or whatever. But I know that took place and that Jesus protected us. It is a simply choice to seek truth or decide to believe what you want to believe. I can not help you in the least. But if you seek God and ask Him to reveal Himself to you, He will.

Comment

Working...
      X